Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I think I found the perfect split for me.

Been doing variations of PPL for like 3 years straight. shyt was getting boring so I made the move to the bro split recently but modified it a bit. Foundation is chest/back/shoulders/legs/tris/biceps - 6 days.

But since the science says it’s best to hit a muscle group 2-3x a week, I’m saving a little volume each workout (8-10 sets) and doing it on another day. So, for example Monday is chest day. I like to hit 30 working sets of volume per muscle group each week. So on Monday instead of doing all 30 sets, I’ll do 20 working sets of chest and then save those 10 other sets for another day and then hit a minor group’s 8-10 sets. shyt is fun, I get an incredible pump, and with my modification I don’t wait an entire week to hit a body part. Will do this throughout the rest of the year.

jKKyKN6.png

PPL for 3 years straight? It’s only so many ways to split up back&bis, chest/delts/tris, and legs, no wonder you were bored.
:gucci:

As for doing any type of low frequency "bro split", I'm good on that. I guess it's better than nothing or fine if you're either an advanced strength athlete and need 1 whole week to recover in-between movements -or- you don't care about numbers at all.

Because doing a movement once a week is not for 90% of lifters. For strength, frequency is king. :francis:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
jKKyKN6.png

PPL for 3 years straight? It’s only so many ways to split up back&bis, chest/delts/tris, and legs, no wonder you were bored.
:gucci:

As for doing any type of low frequency "bro split", I'm good on that. I guess it's better than nothing or fine if you're either an advanced strength athlete and need 1 whole week to recover in-between movements -or- you don't care about numbers at all.

Because doing a movement once a week is not for 90% of lifters. For strength, frequency is king. :francis:
Did you read my post? :dahell: I literally address the frequency with my modification. I’ll write out my full split when im at a computer. I recover quickly which is why I made the modification to increase the frequency. Im all in on Hypertrophy right now, strength wise im straight.

Son Goku

Daps
Did you read my post? :dahell: I literally address the frequency with my modification. I’ll write out my full split when im at a computer. I recover quickly which is why I made the modification to increase the frequency. Im all in on Hypertrophy right now, strength wise im straight.

Yes, I read your post. :unimpressed:

You cannot frontload or "save" volume over the course of mesocycle. You either did too much, too little, or something in the range of enough to elicit growth for that microcycle before your next one.

Once that MPS phase is ended, what you did the previous session is somewhat meaningless, especially if you "recover quickly".

Bro splits are suboptimal because they don't adequately account for frequency and volume based on recovery. All the studies on frequency almost always equate volume across frequencies, which is an inherent flaw that belittles the intent of increasing frequency in the first place.

I don’t 'know' you like that in this Sub so it's whatever if you don't agree with my takes.

Have a good one mane.
1024x1024-removebg-preview-removebg-preview-2-25-removebg-preview.png

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
So you knew you wasn’t in a position to live up to a “challenge“ you issued and wasn’t gonna say anything about it like a little bytch? :mjlol:

Dudes won’t even man up when they lose, just sit in the cut hoping cats forget. :stopitslime:

Negged for bullshytting. Foh fukk nikka. :camby:
I ain't forget...just stopped caring once I had 3 art shows and my back issues got worse.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
So you knew you wasn’t in a position to live up to a “challenge“ you issued and wasn’t gonna say anything about it like a little bytch? :mjlol:

Dudes won’t even man up when they lose, just sit in the cut hoping cats forget. :stopitslime:

Negged for bullshytting. Foh fukk nikka. :camby:
Yeah shameful behavior. At the very least own up to being wrong :scust:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My gym uses a key scan to unlock the main doors. I get there about to scan and a couple is walking is exiting at the same time, so……I wait a split second for them to come out. The guy holds the door no problem, but the woman says I still have to scan my card, then the guy says I can scan at the desk. I told both of them I’ll do what I want, and they looked at each other in disbelief. I didn’t have to say anything and kim, but if they were concerned, they should’ve waited for me to scan my card to unlock the door.

The gym has a new sign up which says, don’t let people piggyback off of you. So I see why they may have said something. Ironically, the gym doesnt have front desk ppl anymore smh. If the owner thinks depending on members to police the gym is smart, I won’t be surprised when someone gets hands put on them.

Son Goku

Daps
My gym uses a key scan to unlock the main doors. I get there about to scan and a couple is walking is exiting at the same time, so……I wait a split second for them to come out. The guy holds the door no problem, but the woman says I still have to scan my card, then the guy says I can scan at the desk. I told both of them I’ll do what I want, and they looked at each other in disbelief. I didn’t have to say anything and kim, but if they were concerned, they should’ve waited for me to scan my card to unlock the door.

The gym has a new sign up which says, don’t let people piggyback off of you. So I see why they may have said something. Ironically, the gym doesnt have front desk ppl anymore smh. If the owner thinks depending on members to police the gym is smart, I won’t be surprised when someone gets hands put on them.

That #POWDA! had you on :demonic: time.

You prolly listened to drill music in the car on the way over too. :mjpls:

But naw fr, I straight close the door in people's faces when I scan in. I don't hold it open for folks when nobody's at the desk.
full

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That #POWDA! had you on :demonic: time.

You prolly listened to drill music in the car on the way over too. :mjpls:

But naw fr, I straight close the door in people's faces when I scan in. I don't hold it open for folks when nobody's at the desk.
full
As you should, it’s what this couple should’ve done but they have it twisted.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

My gym recently sent out an email saying if you do let extra ppl in and can prove it they are automatically charging you an extra 20..they are very adamant about that shyt