Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I use to have professional bodybuilders tell me not to take it all the time and sometimes take a week or 2 off from it so the body doesn't rely too heavily on it.

What I think I'm gonna do is substitute it for black coffee on Fridays and on weeks where I want to sub it out completely. I've also what guys like Jeff Caveliere kinda go into the gray area when explaining it so just not sure.

Also, can women take creatine as preworkout?
Are those same bodybuilders on gear?

You want the body to rely on creatine. I think you are confusing it with preworkout which is not the same.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Na creatine.
The only reason I can even think a competing bodybuilder would cycle creatine is because they're water intake starts to become limited closer to competition. Jeff Cavalier has good advice sometimes, but the end he's a fitness YouTuber trying to sell a product. Creatine is a compound naturally produced by the body, and found meats, we just supplement it to get the full effect.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
There isn’t a reason to cycle off creatine
I heard it can be too much on the kidneys.

However I will say, that I had a chemist dissect my some of the supplements I was using at the time and said literally ingredient is problematic.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

However I will say, that I had a chemist dissect my some of the supplements I was using at the time and said literally ingredient is problematic.
Yes but does 5 grams per day lead to high levels……

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

I had routine labs come back high and the PA sent me to a nephrologist. It make sense since creatine breaks down into...wait for it...creatinine. :stopitslime:

Kidney doc said you look like you should be playing for the Pats. :mjtf: You're fine, you're just taking hella supplements and black and brolic. :yeshrug:

PA ignored an actual doctor's recommendations and said I was fukked up. :mjlol: Had to go back to the nephrologist and he got mad the PA was wasting everyone's time. :russ: