Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Cheeky

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Calgary
Started day 1 of Harley Pasternak's Body Reset program. It's 15 days split into 3 5-day phases. I saw him on Cityline and bought the kindle on a whim...*wonders what I got myself into*

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:leon:

551409_196117057179101_443460040_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Keep in mind that despite their looks, the Hodge twins are 38 years old. Doing DL's could possibly fukk some shyt up on their bodies. Im not against DL's or squats, but every one has a different body.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
my body is screaming at me :bryan: but i did the damn thing last night..dudes at the gym were teasing me..calling the calisthenics i was doing "zumba"..then they wonder why i have the functional strength i do for a man of my size when they see me bust out 1 armed chinups and shyt (i now can do them :obama:)

this 10 day reprieve im going to take from the gym will do me some good...went hard for 13 weeks (12 of those on IF) body needs some downtime :yes:

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Can one of you PHAT experts help me out..

What's the deal with these 6 sets of 3 on hypertrophy days?

3 reps with 70% of my squat max feels :shaq2:

How long should I be resting between sets? I can't/dont like to rest more than 1 min thanks to GVT and usually chill between 30-45 for the 6 sets but I still feel like I wasted a squatting day. Same goes for 6X3 pendlay rows feels like a waste.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I used to feel the same way but read up a little more on it and found you really need to pick a weight that you can rep fast. If you rep them out quickly and explosively it activates the small quick twitch muscle fibers. I also cut my rest time between sets down that way your panting when you get finished with all that

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Keep in mind that despite their looks, the Hodge twins are 38 years old. Doing DL's could possibly fukk some shyt up on their bodies. Im not against DL's or squats, but every one has a different body.

CT is older than that :manny:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMAO this woman just told me I shouldn't do deep squats because it's bad for my knees. Yeah well so is being fat. I'll take my chances with the squats.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from the gym.

All cardio day :upsetfavre:

Everything HILT :whew:

20 min run ( 1 min low 1 min high keep alternating till cool down)

abs (medicine ball, Pilates bar, all variations of leg raises )

Jump rope ( really good session longer than ever )

Steps (high knee's)

Man i was only in there for 45 mins but i felt like i been there all damm day.

I think it was the fact there was no chill i just banged everything out and rolled.

Got to the locker room like :sadbron: couldnt get up for 5 mins :steve:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GoldenGlove
Why go to the gym to just walk on a treadmill?

You notice how you only see fat people doing this right?

at 3 MPH.

:why: can't yall let folks live shyt isnt them being a little active better than sitting on the couch.

They may be starting at the bottom sheesh. Everyone cant go to the gym and buss out 5 miles.

I commend anyone going to the gym. Every ones progress is different let them figure it out alone the way.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GoldenGlove
Why go to the gym to just walk on a treadmill?

You notice how you only see fat people doing this right?

:why: can't yall let folks live shyt isnt them being a little active better than sitting on the couch.

They may be starting at the bottom sheesh. Everyone cant go to the gym and buss out 5 miles.

I commend anyone going to the gym. Every ones progress is different let them figure it out alone the way.
:beli:

They can walk around their house for all I care. Coming to the gym to walk on a treadmill while talking on the phone is cringe worthy to me.

Get yo ass up there and jog at least