Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Agreed on both fronts. I don’t even mind the anecdotes as long as they’re coming from legit gym gawds.

My self-rule, word to Guy Sensei: Never take training advice from someone less advanced than you are.
full

I don’t take dietary advice from fat folks. I don’t take lifting advice from folks weaker or scrawnier than myself. By that metric, 90+% of folks itl (and by extension the coli) aren’t ”qualified” to tell me nothing. :unimpressed:

You might be more knowledgeable than I am but that hasn’t translated into altering your reality.

YMMV. :yeshrug:
:russ: I be the same way.

Especially the cats that be like I used to do xyz when I was your age. And I’m like no didn’t.

We have a different mindset because I would never let myself go :hubie:.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Some old head bought 135,140, and 145lb DBs to the gym. The most I ever did was 100. I didn’t realize It’s a work out just to get set up. :sadcam: Hit 135x6,135x5,140x2 and I was gassed.
At least you got em up (pause)

I went to lay back for db press and the groove in the adjustable bench threw off my balance so I ended up dumping the 85s :scust:

I pretended I was slightly injured then a minute later hit em for a set of 3 in case someone saw me fail earlier

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
At least you got em up (pause)

I went to lay back for db press and the groove in the adjustable bench threw off my balance so I ended up dumping the 85s :scust:

I pretended I was slightly injured then a minute later hit em for a set of 3 in case someone saw me fail earlier
Getting the 1st rep up is the hardest part:dame:

Daps
What steps can a breh take to minimize the loss of strength when losing weight?

Mostly fluctuated between 195 lbs and 210 lbs but want to get back to my college freshman weight of 165 lbs.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I took two weeks off and i feel ( i am) smaller

U prolly are. :ufdup:

Two weeks is definitely enough time to not only detrain but for your muscles to start to atrophy. If you were eating less and/or getting less protein in, your muscles may have began to catabolize in order to hit your amino needs.

If you were on breatine (read: creatine) and stopped for the two weeks, that might be part of it too.

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
U prolly are. :ufdup:

Two weeks is definitely enough time to not only detrain but for your muscles to start to atrophy. If you were eating less and/or getting less protein in, your muscles may have began to catabolize in order to hit your amino needs.

If you were on breatine (read: creatine) and stopped for the two weeks, that might be part of it too.
:mjcry: Atleast i can see my abs. Im back on it this weekend though