Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
I feel you dog. :obama:

The day after a pull, push/pull, or full power event my lower back usually feels like ground beef and my whole body may or may not feel like I got hit by a (small) car. :noah:
That feeling> hitting a minor PR

Imma be up early tomorrow to scorch my upper body since my week looking pretty busy

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Good shout. I drink them very rarely.

Eh. A lot of stuff isn't necessarily that good or bad for you in 'moderation'. :ehh:

• Too much caffeine will affect your health and possibly kill you, like ole British buddy.
  • Too much sugar ain't good for you either.
  • I highly doubt most of the amino acids are being taken in doses high enough to kill you.

I'm sure too much #POWDA isn't ideal for health either. :yeshrug:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Eh. A lot of stuff isn't necessarily that good or bad for you in 'moderation'. :ehh:

• Too much caffeine will affect your health and possibly kill you, like ole British buddy.
  • Too much sugar ain't good for you either.
  • I highly doubt most of the amino acids are being taken in doses high enough to kill you.

I'm sure too much #POWDA isn't ideal for health either. :yeshrug:
I’m just not a fan of sugary drinks or heavy caffeine after 11AM.

I’m all for moderation but heavy sugar combined things too consistently is usually no bueno, carbs and caffeine (Those Starbucks Mocha Frappe lattes) being two. For the average American at least.

Last edited:

Son Goku

Daps
I’m just not a fan of sugary drinks or heavy caffeine after 11AM.

I’m all for moderation but heavy sugar combined things too consistently is usually no bueno, carbs, caffeine being two. For the average American at least.

Fair enough. :ehh:

I don't do energy drinks because I can get the same benefits from pure caffeine or some #Powda. Everybody at work that drinks them shyts and most are outta shape and have other vices compounding the 'problem'. :scusthov:

I can't worry about the average American when that seems to be a :flabbynsick:-er person every year that doesn't even exercise, or more importantly, lift. :hhh:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Fair enough. :ehh:

I don't do energy drinks because I can get the same benefits from pure caffeine or some #Powda. Everybody at work that drinks them shyts and most are outta shape and have other vices compounding the 'problem'. :scusthov:

I can't worry about the average American when that seems to be a :flabbynsick:-er person every year that doesn't even exercise, or more importantly, lift. :hhh:
Powda is the far better choice for me every morning. Probably cheaper too.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
No more looking at fitness threads if not made by the certified folks from this thread..............some of the shyt being asked and said............. :francis:
Easiest thing to remember is that a lot of what folks claim probably isn’t based in anything other anecdotes. They also don’t account for what they do doesn’t apply across the board. You can have a lot success doing something but that doesn’t mean it applies across the board. That’s how you end up with people asking for retractions when they are asked to clarify remarks that fly in the face of science.

Last edited:

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
elaborate more on this. :jbhmm:
I'm not a stickler for high bar vs low bar. Ass to grass vs parallel, I can even excuse slightly above parallel. But when you belt up, throw on knee wraps and film yaself knowlingly doing a 5 inch knee bend while arching your back like you're trying to be the 3rd city girl, it hurts the soul a little. What's sad is he's gonna be the guy spreading blasphemy against the GOAT whenever he catches a herniated disk.

Son Goku

Daps
No more looking at fitness threads if not made by the certified folks from this thread..............some of the shyt being asked and said............. :francis:
Easiest thing to remember is that a lot of what folks claim probably isn’t based in anything other anecdotes. They also don’t account for what they do doesn’t apply across the board. You can have a lot success doing something but that doesn’t mean it applies across the board. That’s how you end up with people asking for retractions when they are asked to clarify remarks that fly in the face of science.

Agreed on both fronts. I don’t even mind the anecdotes as long as they’re coming from legit gym gawds.

My self-rule, word to Guy Sensei: Never take training advice from someone less advanced than you are.
full

I don’t take dietary advice from fat folks. I don’t take lifting advice from folks weaker or scrawnier than myself. By that metric, 90+% of folks itl (and by extension the coli) aren’t ”qualified” to tell me nothing. :unimpressed:

You might be more knowledgeable than I am but that hasn’t translated into altering your reality.

YMMV. :yeshrug: