Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I’m just trying be realistic for the average person.

Your perspective is from an advanced standpoint and I hear you on folks that be in and out for the most part are :flabbynsick: with nothing to show for it.

To those individuals they’re not pushing themselves hard enough, or at least to maximum contractile. But maximum contractile doesn’t necessarily mean more spend more time in the gym.

I guess for me, I feel my energy ween after an hour.

So it’s like instead doing a subpar lift or risk overtraining, I just use it a bench mark to leave when I feel that shift in energy.

And for the most part I’ve been hacking my recovery time.

By doing a couple less sets, I heal a lot faster with no soarness, so that’s indicative of overtraining in my regimen.

Once again, I’m just thinking of solutions for the average joe who isn’t motivated but wants to get in shape.

Most people who post here are iron warriors, that go 4-7 times a week, without any excuses or doubts.

It’s because I can always tell when noobs are going drop off. They’re usually in the gym, every time I’m there, which makes me piece together that they’re working out everyday.

That’s the quickest way to burn out imo because they’re not being realistic.

Only an advanced lifted should aim for 5-7 times a week. Everyone else should aim for 2-4 until until they see the gym as a lifestyle and not a task.
I get this. My gym has a lot of casual lifters that spend a lot of time training with not measurable changes to strength or physique, from the outside anyway. It’s mind blowing but I need to stop noticing.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I get this. My gym has a lot of casual lifters that spend a lot of time training with not measurable changes to strength or physique, from the outside anyway. It’s mind blowing but I need to stop noticing.
I stop looking around. It’ll piss me off if I see too many people with bad form or struggling to bench 135lbs.

I’ll glance and notice some noobs, who I know will burn out.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I stop looking around. It’ll piss me off if I see too many people with bad form or struggling to bench 135lbs.

I’ll glance and notice some noobs, who I know will burn out.
It’s more when they are in the damn way doing DB shrugs right in front of the rack or walking around with their sleeves rolled up but arms are shyt.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Old dude was doing bicep curls with hella momentum while wearing gardening gloves today :mjlol:

Fun day today. Weather is trash but got there but it wasn’t crowded. Had time to kill so lot of lunges and core before a few sets of squats.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
So you want an outcome that requires some effort but can't utilize that desire as motivation to achieve said effort? Bet.

You're no different than the fat motherfukkers that can't put down the fork and pick up the iron, but complain they can't lose weight. :unimpressed:

@trap101 Come peep this scrawny, unwashed heathen not worthy of entering the Temple of Iron. Don't ever be like him.
screenshot-2022-06-20-083709-r

:mjlol: lol I use to be obsessed with the weight room years ago...every time I am in LA Fitness now I end up hooping. I will get there but to get where I was strength wise and build wise will take some work.

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
WTF is it with white people and doing leg day on socks.

Every man/female was on socks doing squats or deadlifts.

Had bytches walking on their socks threw the gym :francis: :skip:
I wear socks to squat but I’m not walking all over the gym in em. Feels better than squatting in running shoes & my feet hurt in cans/converse. I put back on my shoes to go grab paper towel to wipe down the rack when I’m done.

Bout to hit the gym :banderas:

I missed the conversation but I enjoy two hour workouts personally. Preworkout firing on all cylinders>>>

:banderas:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
WTF is it with white people and doing leg day on socks.

Every man/female was on socks doing squats or deadlifts.

Had bytches walking on their socks threw the gym :francis: :skip:

Had to bush a shorty because she walked into the bathroom in socks to go get something. :scust:

These muhfukkas too cheap to buy deadlift slippers and squat shoes? :gucci:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Young white chick told me she was watching me and likes how I deadlift. I wasn’t checking for her but said hell, I’ll watch her work. Chick’s back was rounded af while she pulled that weight up. Then she comes over and says how did I do. I asked why she rounds her back and she says it’s because that’s what works for her :yeshrug:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Young white chick told me she was watching me and likes how I deadlift. I wasn’t checking for her but said hell, I’ll watch her work. Chick’s back was rounded af while she pulled that weight up. Then she comes over and says how did I do. I asked why she rounds her back and she says it’s because that’s what works for her :yeshrug:
Future Snap City Resident