Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
BF-a0FRCQAEFvG7.jpg:large

I saw that, I just started following that nikka on Facebook. Looking for daily motivation. :blessed:

Daps
So, I have a fitness bet with one of my girlfriends, basically by the end of the year who is in the best shape relative to our starting points. We started January 28th, and now that's it's almost 2 months since we started, I feel like she's not really into it anymore. We have an email thread that we're using to track our progress and I'm the only one who is really contributing to it. She's only lost 3lbs since we started:mindblown: Mind you, she is VERY overweight and I know for a fact that any minor change will reap huge benefits for her because she has lost serious weight in the past.. A few days ago I suggested that we take pictures of what we eat and text it to eachother for accountability, and now it's like she's not eating being that she's only texted me like 4 times since Thursday...meanwhile I text her like every 2 or 3 hours:wtf: She literally was like "I wanted a snack, but didn't get it because I knew I'd have to show you." I was like "Umm I mean you can still eat, just pick a healthy alternative:snoop:"

I am really trying to be supportive, but I think I'm actually getting on her nerves at this point. I kind of feel like giving up but I know that karma will come around like it always does.:snoop: She has a trainer that she sees once per week, but she is wasting her money on that because he is not giving her guidance on her diet, which is what is fukking her up. I'm not sure if I should actually express my frustrations to her, or just continue to push her in the right direction hoping she gets the hint.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
think im gonna go the healthy route for the next two months of my clean bulk and cut out fast food. now besides the obvious health improvements, in terms of gaining weight, does it matter if i eat healthy or shytty as long as the macros are the same?

for example if im eating 2300 cals of grilled chicken/turkey/veggies, etc or 2300 cals of fast food/sweets, etc, and all the macros being the same in both, will i see better gains on the healthy side? or does it not matter?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Been going to the gym for mostly cardio. Been going mainly every other day yet sometimes I go everyday.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
So, I have a fitness bet with one of my girlfriends, basically by the end of the year who is in the best shape relative to our starting points. We started January 28th, and now that's it's almost 2 months since we started, I feel like she's not really into it anymore. We have an email thread that we're using to track our progress and I'm the only one who is really contributing to it. She's only lost 3lbs since we started:mindblown: Mind you, she is VERY overweight and I know for a fact that any minor change will reap huge benefits for her because she has lost serious weight in the past.. A few days ago I suggested that we take pictures of what we eat and text it to eachother for accountability, and now it's like she's not eating being that she's only texted me like 4 times since Thursday...meanwhile I text her like every 2 or 3 hours:wtf: She literally was like "I wanted a snack, but didn't get it because I knew I'd have to show you." I was like "Umm I mean you can still eat, just pick a healthy alternative:snoop:"

I am really trying to be supportive, but I think I'm actually getting on her nerves at this point. I kind of feel like giving up but I know that karma will come around like it always does.:snoop: She has a trainer that she sees once per week, but she is wasting her money on that because he is not giving her guidance on her diet, which is what is fukking her up. I'm not sure if I should actually express my frustrations to her, or just continue to push her in the right direction hoping she gets the hint.

:manny:can't help those that don't want to help themselves

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
If I didn't have the right music I doubt I'd be In the gym as much as I am.

I was gonna join around January but I didn't want to be around the new year resolution idiots who come for a few weeks and then disappear.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I don't have my own Instagram account but I have my wife's account set up in phone because that's how we share a lot of pics of my daughter. I just had to ask her how to add ct and explain who he is. I just made her watch the entire "I command you to grow!" video. The look of confusion on her face right now is priceless.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:manny:can't help those that don't want to help themselves

Is there ever a way to bring this up with a man without him getting defensive? Or is it emasculating him if I do?

Just had argument with dude because I asked him why he wants to avoid lifting every time I bring it up (this has gone on for a year). I tried to offer my memberships and cook extra for him, but he'd rather sit in front of the tv/comp all day. He has no excuses either, he used to lift heavy in college and is unemployed right now, so he has the time and prior lifting experience.

I think it has been more than a year and a half since he has touched any equipment. He has good genes so he looks fitter than he is, but his body isn't an issue - it's his habits (of inactivity, not caring) that bother me.