Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Got my 10K race confirmation this morning

There is a Nabisco factory in my neighborhood so in the morning when I running the air smells like Nillla Wafers :noah:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Is there ever a way to bring this up with a man without him getting defensive? Or is it emasculating him if I do?

Just had argument with dude because I asked him why he wants to avoid lifting every time I bring it up (this has gone on for a year). I tried to offer my memberships and cook extra for him, but he'd rather sit in front of the tv/comp all day. He has no excuses either, he used to lift heavy in college and is unemployed right now, so he has the time and prior lifting experience.

I think it has been more than a year and a half since he has touched any equipment. He has good genes so he looks fitter than he is, but his body isn't an issue - it's his habits (of inactivity, not caring) that bother me.

I don't see any good way to make plea to a man especially if he isn't really obese and lifted before.

Same here.

For some reason I have stopped listening to music at the gym and while running :yeshrug:

I saw a dude listing to an iPad Friday while lifting weights :skip:

Daps
For some reason I have stopped listening to music at the gym and while running :yeshrug:

When I'm running outdoors, I can't listen to music. I don't really need to either because the change in scenery and the "white noise" of nature help me zone out effectively. On a treadmill however, it's just so BORING and I always have a compulsion to just get off and go home.:manny: With the music, I zone out in like a couple minutes and before I know it my workout is done. But it can't be any music though. I've been listening to the same 30something songs for over a year now.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
When I'm running outdoors, I can't listen to music. I don't really need to either because the change in scenery and the "white noise" of nature help me zone out effectively. On a treadmill however, it's just so BORING and I always have a compulsion to just get off and go home.:manny: With the music, I zone out in like a couple minutes and before I know it my workout is done. But it can't be any music though. I've been listening to the same 30something songs for over a year now.

I agree but I have given up on the treadmill, I can't run on that anymore. I would rather grab a jump rope and do 1000 jumps in some form.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
fukk powerlifting and anybody that loves it...:pacspit:

The power lifters at my gym piss me off. Bunch of 300 plus sloppy nikkas that think they're so cool cuz they can bench 450 and do 135, 100 times. Their bodies look like any other fat nikka tho.

They call themselves the "no spot boyz" and wear shirts that look like the coke boyz shirts.

Theyre the worst.

semtex

:)
Daps
I look :flabbynsick: lately though my weight training is more intense and my diet is better :what:

maybe i'm not sleeping enough. :aicmon: there is no reason i should look :flabbynsick:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I saw a dude listing to an iPad Friday while lifting weights :skip:

Same here, I haven't listened to music in the longest. The sound of nature is kind of soothing. I may start bringing music on gym days though. Lady Gaga's Poker Face was playing today and I think that was the straw.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I went to the gym earlier today, and that nikka CT had me hype. I was on the leg press machine, and right when I was feeling the burn, I busted through more reps. I seriously had this look as I was going through it:
0.jpg

This nikka CT is a revelation.... :blessed: Need to seriously put together some tracks of him to add to my gym playlist.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I went to the gym earlier today, and that nikka CT had me hype. I was on the leg press machine, and right when I was feeling the burn, I busted through more reps. I seriously had this look as I was going through it:
0.jpg

This nikka CT is a revelation.... :blessed: Need to seriously put together some tracks of him to add to my gym playlist.

I was talking to myself at 6:45AM running hills because of CT

It's still you mutha fuccin sprint :blessed:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was talking to myself at 6:45AM running hills because of CT

It's still you mutha fuccin sprint :blessed:
Soooonnn on Sunday I ran up a hill just saying to myself "Your body will never be stronger than your mind ...I command you to get your ass up this hill" I nearly passed out getting to the top but I made it. CT is ill.