Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
i started using creatine yesterday, had it before my workout today, i lifted 5-10 pounds heavier on all my lifts and 1 or 2 more reps on each as well :noah: could that have been creatine helping me or was i just trying harder lol

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
i started using creatine yesterday, had it before my workout today, i lifted 5-10 pounds heavier on all my lifts and 1 or 2 more reps on each as well :noah: could that have been creatine helping me or was i just trying harder lol

I think it takes creatine about a week to absorb, not too sure about it though.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
gonna have to cop a new barbell pad, might have left the other one in the gym.

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
I went from a 3 day split to PHAT. I upped my calories by about 200. Is it typical to up your calories when on PHAT or am I :flabbynsick:

My lifts are going up. My incline bench has always been week and I beasted on it. :jawalrus:

Daps
Brehs, is starting strength bad for cutting? I see the brehs praising it and I'm interested. Y'all think I should switch or stick to what I'm doing?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
No lifting routine is inherently bad for cutting, routines with burnouts while you're in a caloric deficit will be taxing tho

The reason pure strength routines are often recommended is because they usually spare muscle the best, but depending on where you are at fitness-wise any routine will work as long as you are in some sort of caloric deficit

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
It's amazing the role the mind plays in lifting. Tonight I went to grab the 75s for some seated db shoulder presses. The 75 spot was empty so I just grabbed the 70s. Knocked out 2 sets of 10 and getting ready to do the last set I noticed I had the 75s, somebody put me in the wrong spot. You would not believe how heavy them bytches felt all of sudden, lol. I only got 6 on the last set, but I know I was gonna do 10 before I saw what weight I actually had.