Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

BlackWidow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Hidden Places
which finger?

what you can do depends alot on that

dips, ab work

It's my middle finger. But I've been pushing through the pain!

---- Also, which is better: Rest 2 days out of week, or Work out everyday for 3 weeks, then rest one whole week

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm down from 265 (which is the most I've ever weighed) to 230, thinking I might bulk up to as much as 245 over the next year (I'm 6'6).

Real deal, some of y'all cats in this forum keep me on my grind, I've completely gotten back to my old physique (even improved it) in the past seven months.

I salute you cats. :salute:

chipmarket

Presidential
Supporter
Daps
2 pounds away from my goal of 200 lbs (@ 6'2"). Started at 175 in January.

Also 45 lbs away from 315 deadlift, hope to get there by dec 31 i dont think i will though.

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
bros, is it possible to get a fever after an intense workout? happened to me 2 weeks ago when i hit my PR on squats, crazy muscle aches, chills and fever

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
bros, is it possible to get a fever after an intense workout? happened to me 2 weeks ago when i hit my PR on squats, crazy muscle aches, chills and fever

It's not unheard of.

Supplementing 5g glutamine has helped many, assuming your diet isn't trash. Vitamin C is another option. Both cheap.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My diet is phenomenal... but at least once a week I give in to the sweet seduction of a Makers on the rocks. It's the one vice I can't entirely cut out. Is this shyt going to hold me back from being in the best shape I can be? How big a deal is 1 night of 1-3 drinks week? Or when I'm out with friends instead of in with a woman, 3-5 drinks? fukk, I can't resist the Brown Goddess.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
My diet is phenomenal... but at least once a week I give in to the sweet seduction of a Makers on the rocks. It's the one vice I can't entirely cut out. Is this shyt going to hold me back from being in the best shape I can be? How big a deal is 1 night of 1-3 drinks week? Or when I'm out with friends instead of in with a woman, 3-5 drinks? fukk, I can't resist the Brown Goddess.
fukk no.....

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
fukk no I don't need to cut it out? Or fukk no I shouldn't be doing it?
fukk no you don't need to cut it out... ideally you'd be drinking wine instead of whiskey... but wine every time out is for pussies....

Every international trip... we get a nice big bottle of Jameson. Its a Looney household staple

As long as you're not getting blackout drunk you should be fine.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
fukk no you don't need to cut it out... ideally you'd be drinking wine instead of whiskey... but wine every time out is for pussies....

Every international trip... we get a nice big bottle of Jameson. Its a Looney household staple

As long as you're not getting blackout drunk you should be fine.

:lawd:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

if its like once or twice a week it aint gonna hurt you bruh

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Bodybuilding myth debunked: Growth-promoting hormones don't stimulate strength
New research from scientists at McMaster University reveals exercise-related testosterone and growth hormone do not play an influential role in building muscle after weightlifting, despite conventional wisdom suggesting otherwise.

The findings indicate that bodybuilders who look to manipulate those hormones through exercise routines are wasting their time.

in two separate studies, published in the Journal of Applied Physiology and the European Journal of Applied Physiology, researchers found anabolic hormones -- long thought to be essential for building a muscular frame -- do not influence muscle protein synthesis, the process that leads to bigger muscles.
:ohhh:

also
Athletes on performance enhancers more likely to abuse alcohol, other drugs, study suggests
The study, of 234 male athletes at one university, found that those who used performance enhancers -- ranging from steroids to stimulants to weight-loss supplements -- were more likely to admit to heavy drinking and using drugs like marijuana and cocaine.

Moreover, they also had elevated rates of alcohol- and drug-related problems, such as missing classes, failing tests or getting into fights

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The men experienced gains in muscle mass that ranged from virtually nothing to more than 12 pounds, yet their levels of testosterone and growth hormone after exercise showed no relationship to muscle growth or strength gain.
Surprisingly, the researchers noted that cortisol -- considered to have the opposite effect of anabolic hormones because it reduces protein synthesis and breaks down tissue -- was related to the gain in muscle mass.

:whoo: this is the one that caught my attention