Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston

I think both women in those pics got issues. 10% body fat on a woman isn't healthy, but neither is 35%.They both have body image disorders they are struggling with.

:snoop: @ people obsessed with who dies in a survival situation when we live in
'Merica

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think both women in those pics got issues. 10% body fat on a woman isn't healthy, but neither is 35%.They both have body image disorders they are struggling with.

:snoop: @ people obsessed with who dies in a survival situation when we live in
'Merica

Yeah I hate how people act like it has to be one extreme or the other. THere is a very healthy medium. If you got a gut you should not be proud of that shyt. It's not that hard to dedicate even just an hour a couple times a week to workout or hit the gym or do whatever else.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QbNRs.jpg

:heh:

They are actually giving that overweight chick props? :dead::skip:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Spliff how is the recovery coming

First couple days post surgery was awful. It was to the point where I was sure I'd kill this 60 count bottle of percs in 10 days, but by day 4 I was straight. I'm restricted to this sling til the 26th, doin these pendulum exercises throughout the day.

My arm looks like I never touched a weight before and I have no strength in my shoulder at the moment. shyts humbling :wow: but expected. Won't be resistance training for at least 2 months, have to get my range of motion back first. Even then it'll be baby steps.

At the two week followup I asked what was the full depth of the injury (cuz MRIs only show so much). Doc tells me I had anterior, superior and posterior tears along with overall joint laxity :damn: They put in anchors and tightened the anterior portion of the joint.

It already feels better compared to before, though. I can't wait to get back on the grind :ohlawd:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
First couple days post surgery was awful. It was to the point where I was sure I'd kill this 60 count bottle of percs in 10 days, but by day 4 I was straight. I'm restricted to this sling til the 26th, doin these pendulum exercises throughout the day.

My arm looks like I never touched a weight before and I have no strength in my shoulder at the moment. shyts humbling :wow: but expected. Won't be resistance training for at least 2 months, have to get my range of motion back first. Even then it'll be baby steps.

At the two week followup I asked what was the full depth of the injury (cuz MRIs only show so much). Doc tells me I had anterior, superior and posterior tears along with overall joint laxity :damn: They put in anchors and tightened the anterior portion of the joint.

It already feels better compared to before, though. I can't wait to get back on the grind :ohlawd:
:damn: :to:

How did you know you had to get shyt done? Did something tear or was it a nagging pain :merchant:

Is this shyt something brays can avoid having to go through or is it just a luck of the draw type situation????

I feel for you mayne.

semtex

:)
Daps

:why: how did this happen?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
:damn: :to:

How did you know you had to get shyt done? Did something tear or was it a nagging pain :merchant:

Is this shyt something brays can avoid having to go through or is it just a luck of the draw type situation????

I feel for you mayne.

:salute:

How did I know? My shoulder would start hurting with me just standing still or if I slept on it wrong. It would constantly pop and click with basic movements sometimes causing pain. Not some pinching pain, but deep aching pain. Only got worse as I got stronger. Therapy did nothing. This has been a long time coming though. It's an old sports injury. The opportunity to get it fixed just presented itself.

You most likely can help avoid this by not having excessive range of motion with the big boy weights and making sure to keep tension on the muscle. Respect the time it takes to recovery, don't run a retarded routine, and don't lift through injuries (I'm preaching to the choir here).

I didn't attribute the tears to weight lifting since I can pinpoint the two past events that blew up my shoulder. The laxity is what had me :huhldup: since that can be from lifting but doc said that can also be due to genetics or the fact my shyts been fukked up for a couple years. Regardless, I'll probably be throwing some exercises in the bushes. Dips definitely. I won't be bringing my elbows much past my torso during chest exercises either.

:why: how did this happen?

Knowing what I know now, I definitely subluxed my shoulder twice playing ball. Once in HS, once in college. The college one hurt like a bytch and kept me sidelined for a minute. I knew nothing of anatomy and whatnot back then so i just rubbed dirt on it and played through.

A few years and a couple college course later ..... :snoop::why::to:

A nikka needs more details...I might need surgery eventually. :smh:

Get that MRI.

sknk80

Rookie
Daps
I know its 99% in my head, but the first week in the gym after taking a break from creatine has me feeling :dead: