Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:to:

:whoa: im callin :duck: cuz when i squatted 5plates the bar was bending like crazy. she has 6 and its not doin nuthin.

but imagine her getting your head in a leg wrap :rip:

Last edited by a moderator:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was feeling good all day, thinking I had finally beat out the DOMS. Then I went to stand up at work after working the desk all day:merchant:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
ft1V0.png

:pachaha: that dedication

i need to find me a gym. gonna have to make sure my finances straight 1st

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Finally did leg workouts in two week...squats...shyt has been having me shook. :mjpls:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Did chest / shoulders / triceps again for GVT, didn't get a chance to go to the gym until Wednesday cause of the storm. I did

DB Incline 10x10

DB shoulder press 10 x 10

And weighted dips 6x8

First and foremost, I might have picked too high of a weight for DB incline, I was using 100lbers......by the 6th set I was contemplating the meaning of life and was close to dropping the weight down cause I wasn't sure I could finish. I wasn't able to get the full 10 out in the 9th and 10th set, had to settle for 9 and 7.

The DB shoulder press went even worse, by the 7th set I was already dropping down to 8, got back up to 9 for the 8th and finished off with 7 for the last two sets. My chest today is still on fire, feels like someone tried to rip my arms out by bending them backwards.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Did chest / shoulders / triceps again for GVT, didn't get a chance to go to the gym until Wednesday cause of the storm. I did

DB Incline 10x10

DB shoulder press 10 x 10

And weighted dips 6x8

First and foremost, I might have picked too high of a weight for DB incline, I was using 100lbers......by the 6th set I was contemplating the meaning of life and was close to dropping the weight down cause I wasn't sure I could finish. I wasn't able to get the full 10 out in the 9th and 10th set, had to settle for 9 and 7.

The DB shoulder press went even worse, by the 7th set I was already dropping down to 8, got back up to 9 for the 8th and finished off with 7 for the last two sets. My chest today is still on fire, feels like someone tried to rip my arms out by bending them backwards.

How much you doing for db shoulders? :mjpls: Try doing some overhead press next time for shoulders. :bryan:

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
deads still fukkin me up :why:

One of my twitter followers suggested trying hypers and rack pulls/partial deads for 8 weeks to strengthen the lower back before progressing to conventional dl's, so I guess we'll see how THAT goes.

:why::what::why::sadcam:

Nascimento

swohz
Daps
deads still fukkin me up :why:

One of my twitter followers suggested trying hypers and rack pulls/partial deads for 8 weeks to strengthen the lower back before progressing to conventional dl's, so I guess we'll see how THAT goes.

:why::what::why::sadcam:
If your form is straight, you just need to drop the weight (and ego) and start over. Hypers is a good suggestion for strengthening and letting your back recover from any pain, but that don't take no damn 8 weeks. Two to three at most.

Really tho, it's your abs' job to protect your lower back. When you're set to lift, you need to take a big breath and "push it down" to your stomach, bracing abs hard. Shoulder blades back and down, chest up, and do the lift. At the top, keep shoulders back and chest up, and lower the weight.

If you got form issues, inflexible hamstrings is usually the cause. Stretch them daily for a week or two, then scale it down when you're good.

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
If your form is straight, you just need to drop the weight (and ego) and start over. Hypers is a good suggestion for strengthening and letting your back recover from any pain, but that don't take no damn 8 weeks. Two to three at most.

Really tho, it's your abs' job to protect your lower back. When you're set to lift, you need to take a big breath and "push it down" to your stomach, bracing abs hard. Shoulder blades back and down, chest up, and do the lift. At the top, keep shoulders back and chest up, and lower the weight.

If you got form issues, inflexible hamstrings is usually the cause. Stretch them daily for a week or two, then scale it down when you're good.

You missed the part where I got hit by a car, and am/have been working through/around a spinal injury. I JUST started DL'ing again after the accident, and I'm having problems with pain after lifting an empty barbell, so it's def not an issue of too much weight, or ego lifting.
So yeah, I will take another 8 weeks doing other stuff before I try it again, because quite frankly I like walking a tiny bit more than I like lifting.

But thanks for the advice.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
White boy today was doing rack pulls with 3 plates on each side...nikka was grunting loud as fukk. He had all the string beans in the gym staring in awe. :heh: