Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Sometimes you have to splurge to get back on track, it's not the end of the world. Just be more disciplined next time, have one piece of cake and call it a wrap.
Yeah I wasn't expecting to have cake at work. I ate at my friends house but it was like two hours apart between the two slices and I burned some of the first piece while my niece was showing me what she was learning in her mma class. If I didn't work evenings, I would've signed up too.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
They say that cutting your calories is necessary to lose weight. But I don't think that cutting 500 calories and having half your calories come from junk is what they mean. :francis:

Eating an apple: healthy.

Eating junk: unhealthy.

Had two pieces of cake at my nieces house last night when I went over after work for her birthday. At work today they were celebrating the March birthdays and passed out cake. And here I was asking to take the pieces of the ones who didn't want. My supervisor told me no. She must've been looking out for me. Then I went to my friends desk and she has a candy dish. Went to grab a few and she said hold up I got you. Gave me the rest of the bag of the small reeses and kit kats, like the Halloween size. Had like fifteen in them and tell me how I ate the whole damn bag before lunch. Didn't bring lunch today so I was like let me hit up chipotle. Decided to get a bowl instead of a burrito cuz I was feeling fat and read it's healthier that way. Just got some rice with half chicken and half carnitas. Then later my supervisor is leaving and offers me a cupcake. So atleast half of my calories were straight sugar. Not to mention the fact that I skipped the gym this morning cuz I stayed late at my friends house last night talking and wanted to catch up on some rest this morning before work. I was at work just moving my legs around and doing calf raises trying to burn off some of those calories. Looking like I was gonna have a damn seizure at my desk. :francis:

Got to fight those sugar demons

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
@mannyrs13 you gotta come up with a daily meal plan breh. You don't have the discipline to freestyle. Not knocking you cause I don't either... so for me when it's game time I lock everything down. I do arrange my calories in a way that lets me have like 3-4 candy bars a week to stay sane but that's about it. Everything else is according to protocol

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Personally I feel like all that sugary shyt is dead. If you want something sweet just eat some fruit and call it a day. Not only is it addicting its not even remotely healthy for you. You cant be surprised that you are relapsing into eating a whole bunch of junk when said junk is addicting :yeshrug:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
@mannyrs13 you gotta come up with a daily meal plan breh. You don't have the discipline to freestyle. Not knocking you cause I don't either... so for me when it's game time I lock everything down. I do arrange my calories in a way that lets me have like 3-4 candy bars a week to stay sane but that's about it. Everything else is according to protocol

Yeah I feel you. I don't eat much during the rest of the day and only eat 2 meals with light snacking the rest of the time. It's just the random junk here and there. I hadn't ate candy in like a week. As far as cake, I had a piece on Saturday at a friend's house but my last piece before that was at work last month, so it's a rare thing now.

It's just tougher now cuz I have a desk job so I'm harder on myself when I eat junk since I sit all day. But I do burn it off eventually. Rest of my diet is rather ok. I do eat vegetables, take an apple a day, and light portions like only one piece of chicken. Cut off the rice too. Ate some recently a few times the past few days but before that it was a once in a blue moon occurrence. Most of the weight I retain is water weight tho since I tend to eat things like bread for breakfast when I don't make an omelette, or when I would grab a few crackers at the house when I'm randomly heating up my food. Some of that sodium that gets you bloated. I just gotta sweat more of that water off.

Besides I would say that nutrition isn't my biggest problem, sleep is.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah I feel you. I don't eat much during the rest of the day and only eat 2 meals with light snacking the rest of the time. It's just the random junk here and there. I hadn't ate candy in like a week. As far as cake, I had a piece on Saturday at a friend's house but my last piece before that was at work last month, so it's a rare thing now.

It's just tougher now cuz I have a desk job so I'm harder on myself when I eat junk since I sit all day. But I do burn it off eventually. Rest of my diet is rather ok. I do eat vegetables, take an apple a day, and light portions like only one piece of chicken. Cut off the rice too. Ate some recently a few times the past few days but before that it was a once in a blue moon occurrence. Most of the weight I retain is water weight tho since I tend to eat things like bread for breakfast when I don't make an omelette, or when I would grab a few crackers at the house when I'm randomly heating up my food. Some of that sodium that gets you bloated. I just gotta sweat more of that water off.

I don’t think you really have a consistent plan. You seem to eat randomly and I’m betting those cravings are more when you haven’t eaten enough, whether you know it or not. @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! is on to something. I think you need a much more solid plan.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’m starting a home gym lil by lil

I copped two 20 pound dumb bells, a pair of 16 ounce boxing gloves, a sparring kit, and a flex punching bag.

Used all the stuff once. My right bicep sore like a bytch. :mjcry:

What workouts y’all recommend with the equipment I have? Help a young nikka out.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I work a desk job too. Actually one of my biggest diet struggles is here... there's a lady who keeps a bowl stocked with some of my favorite candy and she is at a major "intersection" in the office :mjcry:

But when it's crunch time I account for that. That candy is pretty much my only vice, and I think I can change my route to avoid her completely. Sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself to set yourself up for success. If you can't chill with the snacks and they are interfering with your goal, find a way to cut them out as much as possible :manny: Like I said when it's crunch time I lock in. So aside from that candy and refeed days I have pretty much 95% adherence. But I have meal plans that I follow and don't even have to think about.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’m starting a home gym lil by lil

I copped two 20 pound dumb bells, a pair of 16 ounce boxing gloves, a sparring kit, and a flex punching bag.

Used all the stuff once. My right bicep sore like a bytch. :mjcry:

What workouts y’all recommend with the equipment I have? Help a young nikka out.
I would look into a chin up + dip station if you have room and $ for one. I'd also look at adjustable dumbbells instead of the fixed 20s. Probably wouldn't hurt to get some squat stands and a barbell either so you can do legs. But thats a lot and I don't know what your goals are

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
The Dumbells get you strong as fukk you will get there, My homie is a Big ass dude, bench over 500 pounds. And I asked him how he got so damn strong, he said by doing heavy dumbbell presses, I was like :ohhh:

DB's get you strong because of the isolation, you work more muscles with DB bench, than barbell bench press

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I work a desk job too. Actually one of my biggest diet struggles is here... there's a lady who keeps a bowl stocked with some of my favorite candy and she is at a major "intersection" in the office :mjcry:

But when it's crunch time I account for that. That candy is pretty much my only vice, and I think I can change my route to avoid her completely. Sometimes you just have to be honest with yourself to set yourself up for success. If you can't chill with the snacks and they are interfering with your goal, find a way to cut them out as much as possible :manny: Like I said when it's crunch time I lock in. So aside from that candy and refeed days I have pretty much 95% adherence. But I have meal plans that I follow and don't even have to think about.
Yeah I definitely avoid the candy as much as necessary. Even before when I was in retail and had access to it. Shoot even now cuz the building has a cafeteria with candy and vending machines. I guess when you want to get cut or abs, eating junk messes with you more. It's like you know you can do it but aren't there yet. I just gotta maintain my urges for sweets that do happen and fill myself with other stuff. I took a pic of my progress this morning and I'll take another one as I go along with my bench press challenge to track my progress. See if I get more cut. Other than random sweets, my diet isn't too bad. Not exactly meal plan ready since I don't cook. But I do eat healthy, like right now I'm eating a piece of chicken, oven baked of course, and a fist full of mixed veggies plus an apple later. Gotta eat healthy to balance the junk.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah I definitely avoid the candy as much as necessary. Even before when I was in retail and had access to it. Shoot even now cuz the building has a cafeteria with candy and vending machines. I guess when you want to get cut or abs, eating junk messes with you more. It's like you know you can do it but aren't there yet. I just gotta maintain my urges for sweets that do happen and fill myself with other stuff. I took a pic of my progress this morning and I'll take another one as I go along with my bench press challenge to track my progress. See if I get more cut. Other than random sweets, my diet isn't too bad. Not exactly meal plan ready since I don't cook. But I do eat healthy, like right now I'm eating a piece of chicken, oven baked of course, and a fist full of mixed veggies plus an apple later. Gotta eat healthy to balance the junk.
Yeah but thats hella strict. What is your fat intake like? I think your definitions of healthy vs. unhealthy might be hurting you.

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Yeah but that hella strict. What is your fat intake like? I think your definitions of healthy vs. unhealthy might be hurting you.

I have no idea. I do eat foods that have fat like bread and eggs and fries. I wouldn't say my diet is hella strict. I don't consume much liquid calories other than coffee in the morning and don't consume much alcohol. I just don't eat a lot. I doubt I reach 2000 calories most days but then again I don't count them.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I have no idea. I do eat foods that have fat like bread and eggs and fries. I wouldn't say my diet is hella strict. I don't consume much liquid calories other than coffee in the morning and don't consume much alcohol. I just don't eat a lot. I doubt I reach 2000 calories most days but then again I don't count them.
That might be the issue. Less thank 2K a day.........