Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Damn... thinking about some big changes

First one is ditching barbell squat... with the baby I just can't get reliable sleep and have that focus. And I'm squatting heavier than ever. I made a shyt load of gains last year, and I bought a shytload of pants. :lolbron: At this point I'm ready to just maintain my legs pretty much. Built a leg press attachment for my rack at home, and my work gym has a really nice squat machine. If that shyt is good enough for William Bonac it's probably good enough for me :lolbron:

Second one is going from a 5 day upper/lower split to a 6 day push/pull split :lupe: I could get a lot more volume with much shorter workouts. Interval timer is saying ~20 minutes, down from 30 :gladbron: And now that my push compounds don't require 110% of my focus like squats and bench did, I can mix and match more flexibly. I still want to test my work every now and then so I will probably hop under the bar a few times a year.

Just trying to adjust for the long haul... avoided major injury and I wanna keep it that way. Looking to broaden my exercise spectrum too... told wifey I wanna go with her to yoga this spring :lupe: Anyway gonna finish this cycle on my old routine and do the following block, which will be the first before my cut, with that new routine. Should be interesting

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Went from a head cold type flu with the lingering effects still and my allergies kicked in at the same time, so Im feeling it real bad, this virus kicked in Saturday

I took Monday off from the gym, woke up yesterday feeling like shyt and grabbed my gym bag.

See I don't believe in a muthafukkin bad work out, it's all In your head, when you step in the gym you give it your all, I walked in all fukked up and told myself I'm doing machines for Chest, make it an easy day since I'm sick. I got on the chest machine after the first set, I was like fukk this shyt, back to regular schedule program and went to my regular chest workout.

I kicked ass in the gym, I didn't let my sickness be a crutch to being lazy or an excuse, it was one of my best workouts yet, drenching in sweat, pushed myself and blasted my Pecs, still going up in weight every week

Got home drank alot of Tea with Ginger, Turmeric, Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar, Green Tea, took cough syrup, aspirin, benadryl to fight this bug

Woke up still sick and my Pecs is sore, a great workout yesterday, today is biceps and triceps

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda threw out the stronglifts template and focused on (standing press and) deads mainly yesterday. Still got work to do on that, since I got worse progressively on each set.

Damn... thinking about some big changes

First one is ditching barbell squat... with the baby I just can't get reliable sleep and have that focus. And I'm squatting heavier than ever. I made a shyt load of gains last year, and I bought a shytload of pants. :lolbron: At this point I'm ready to just maintain my legs pretty much. Built a leg press attachment for my rack at home, and my work gym has a really nice squat machine. If that shyt is good enough for William Bonac it's probably good enough for me :lolbron:

Second one is going from a 5 day upper/lower split to a 6 day push/pull split :lupe: I could get a lot more volume with much shorter workouts. Interval timer is saying ~20 minutes, down from 30 :gladbron: And now that my push compounds don't require 110% of my focus like squats and bench did, I can mix and match more flexibly. I still want to test my work every now and then so I will probably hop under the bar a few times a year.

Just trying to adjust for the long haul... avoided major injury and I wanna keep it that way. Looking to broaden my exercise spectrum too... told wifey I wanna go with her to yoga this spring :lupe: Anyway gonna finish this cycle on my old routine and do the following block, which will be the first before my cut, with that new routine. Should be interesting

Any brand(s) suggestions on this breh? I'm going to throw out all my chinos again due to these damn quads.:francis::mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
single leg bench lunges are fukking kicking my ass...i hate when i run up on an exercise that doesn't back down after a few weeks of doing it. ass and hams burning by rep 5 :sadcam:

starting to crawl toward my pullup goal, right now just working on hanging from the bars basically doing hanging crunches to get core strength up while supporting my bodyweight