Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Pain

And

Growth

Like @The ADD said, Pain and Growth!

This is a hamstring Raise Machine, this shyt never will get easy because you use your natural body weight then you add dumbbells

This shyt hurts and one of the greatest machine invented, this shyt blast your hamstrings, make it stronger

In Power Lifting after leg day when it's all Squatting, The only leg machine we had at our PL Gym was that machine. That's all you need to have a Big squat. The shyt is painful

Looks like it can do wonders. I do want to do more hammy work .

Sidenote look at this dude haircut :russ:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Still sore from Wednesday's squats and death marches, plus going bowling last night didn't help. :francis: Now after breakfast I gotta head back out there again for some benching and shoulder work. Maybe throw some ab work in since I doubt I'll have the strength or time to do cardio.

Gotta improve my nutrition cuz it's been bad lately. It's like a Mr Jekyll and Dr Hyde thing I got going on. What's good is eating boneless ribs and mixed veggies around 5pm. What's bad is eating French fries and these cinnamon toast crunch bites found at Wal-Mart on an impulse buy, at two in the morning. Luckily the box finished last night. :francis:

That does lead me to thinking about a conversation me and my boy had last night. He was talking about trying intermittent fasting. He's up to 183 but doesn't hit up the gym, just push ups and I guess random bike rides and jogging. Don't know how much he expects to lose but he was talking about going down to 155, we'll see. He was mentioning his eating and drinking. Of course he's been drinking beer lately so obviously that kills you there. I was telling him that it doesn't matter when you eat but rather how much you eat. Calories count the same at any time of day. What are you guys thoughts on this?

He gotta destroy and rebuild his mindset...

Get measuring cups etc..

If he is a binge eater/drinker, its very important he does this:francis:

Its about discipline..If he not doing enough cardio, he has lil margin for error

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
eug2zn.jpg
[/IMG]
eug2zn.jpg[
eug2zn.jpg

If you don't know what this is :ufdup:

If you don't see this at the place you workout there's a great chance you workout at a fitness club, not a Gym

Go to any power lifting gym and ask them what is the best equipment in here, The majority will point at this machine

Your Squat sucks, get your ass on this, you want big squats get your ass on this, your squats stalled, get your ass on this.

If it gets easy grab a dumbbell and start banging out reps
Its just a body weight hamstring curl machine

You wanna build a strong posterior chain, you gotta deadlift. Deficits, sumo, stiff leg. Also throw some loaded hip thrusts in. You will spring up like a jack in the box out of the hole.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Its just a body weight hamstring curl machine

You wanna build a strong posterior chain, you gotta deadlift. Deficits, sumo, stiff leg. Also throw some loaded hip thrusts in. You will spring up like a jack in the box out of the hole.
Bruh I know everything you talking about, and you are speaking some truth
I'm a Power Lifter, Trained out of one of the strongest power lifting gym in the South Bay and Bay Area. My gym have produced more elite (12), pro (5), and WR (2) powerlifters than any gym in the South Bay or Peninsula. Deficits, Chain's, Bands we do them all
21a04ts.jpg

That's over 550 pounds right there.

That Ham Curl machine is the best ever for squats, and to strengthen your hamstrings. The Pro's and Elite Lifters vouch for that

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
11ll7ys.jpg

A year ago or so, I was walking out my Gym, Gold's Gym in San Jose around closing time, and The GOAT Phil Heath was walking in.

I was like :ooh:, told him I was a big fan of his and followed him when he first got his pro card, shook his hand, took a flick and we spoke for a few.

At Gold's I seen Bray Watt, Big E, Randy Orton, Albert Del Rio, Cung Lee, MMA fighters, Bodybuilders ect.

I love Hardcore Gyms, they have real equipment, heavy ass weights and everybody bust ass, not on that fitness gym look at me shyt. At my Gym there's power lifters, strong man, Bodybuilders, power builders, Olympic Weight Lifters, Power Builders, Prison Workout dudes, Physique Competitor's, even the women get down and dudes that just bust ass

When somebody banging heavy and busting ass, all we do is give the person a nod and keep it moving.

Phil even gave me props for my size :banderas:

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
2cz4k0z.jpg

Who said Power Lifters are Fat, those days are over with, we got lifters Like Dan Green (I met him at his Power Lifting Gym in Sunnyvale, Ca) Eric Lilliebridge that's changing the game.

And I'm not even flexing hard, those traps would of been out.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
18.2 / 18.2A in the books

8:57 and 237# respectively

The cleans went surprisingly well from how cooked my legs were from the squats in the first part. I power cleaned my first 3 attempts pretty easily (187, 207 and 227). Then 237 absolutely buried me into a squat. I think my ass may have actually bounced off the floor lol. Was able to stabilize it in the hole and stand up though. Took one more attempt at 247 w 10 secs left but it bounced off my shoulders. I would actually consider re testing this one tomorrow or Monday. Some of these wods def need to be ran through once for strategic planning IMHO. I think I could approach it smarter second go around. Pace the burpees better etc. Feeling good overall and def much better performance than 18.1.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
How does one go about calculating nutrition facts about frozen chicken quarters? Got a whole box of frozen chicken quarters but they aren't marked with nutritional info.

Is there a set amount of protein per g a whole quarter is?

lespaulultra3

All Star
Daps
Gym has no dip/pullup belts :snoop:

Did my googles for DIY options. Went to Home Depot. Less than $15 for 6ft heavy duty chain and two hooks.

Comfy and sturdy as fukk. Highly customization, too. :ehh:

These online options are way overpriced. :heh:

Do you have a pic or a link? I'm looking to make one.