Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What are y'all doing for HIIT at the gym? I was going to these 30 minute HIIT spin classes twice a week but new stupid work schedule means I can't make the Thursday class. I used to use the recumbent bike for HIIT but since doing the classes on the spin bikes, the recumbent just doesn't compare. Only thing I can think of to do on my own is sprints - but I don't like sprinting on treadmills at my main gym. Can you do a HIIT workout on a rower?

Can't wait for this cold snap to break and it to be lighter in the morning, I'm ready to go back to hill sprints and stairs

How does one go about calculating nutrition facts about frozen chicken quarters? Got a whole box of frozen chicken quarters but they aren't marked with nutritional info.

Is there a set amount of protein per g a whole quarter is?
You can't just google this? And the amount of protein depends on the weight of the meat. Get a scale and weigh them to be most accurate, otherwise just google calories in a chicken thigh, calories in a chicken drumstick and add it together.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
what does this look like...do the squats after every work set? Every 3? How many?
X amount of time/distance on the rower, X amount of body weight squats, repeat as many rounds and you can handle. In theory the Squats are the active recovery with the rower being the high intensity phase. You can continue to build by adding pushups, sit-ups, lunges, etc.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
X amount of time/distance on the rower, X amount of body weight squats, repeat as many rounds and you can handle. In theory the Squats are the active recovery with the rower being the high intensity phase. You can continue to build by adding pushups, sit-ups, lunges, etc.
Repped :salute:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
What are y'all doing for HIIT at the gym? I was going to these 30 minute HIIT spin classes twice a week but new stupid work schedule means I can't make the Thursday class. I used to use the recumbent bike for HIIT but since doing the classes on the spin bikes, the recumbent just doesn't compare. Only thing I can think of to do on my own is sprints - but I don't like sprinting on treadmills at my main gym. Can you do a HIIT workout on a rower?

Can't wait for this cold snap to break and it to be lighter in the morning, I'm ready to go back to hill sprints and stairs

You can't just google this? And the amount of protein depends on the weight of the meat. Get a scale and weigh them to be most accurate, otherwise just google calories in a chicken thigh, calories in a chicken drumstick and add it together.

I did Google. But some are quite vague. Especially when I try to log it in mycaloriefitness pal

I would try to find skinless chicken quarters but it would give me "homemade thighs" but not quarters

Or it would give me chicken quarters but from a brand like trader joes.

There is so much out there but I have no clue which one is closest to it

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

This is my shyt....

Set 1
Push up 30x2
Kettlebell squat 20x2
Medicine ball slam 30x2
Jumping jacks 60x2

Set 2
Battle ropes 60secx2
Ball shoulder swap 15x2
Kettlebell squat 20x2
Battle rope 60secx2

Set 3
Push up 30x2
Kettlebell squat 20x2
Skipping 60x2
Jumping jacks 60x2

I go all out on each set; for 2mins and then start the next set. Repeat it twice.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Great Workout today, Went hard and pyramid up in Weights for Chest Day, My body is in anabolic mode, The Weights felt extra light today, I kept adding weight and still hit target 12 reps, my recovery time was sped up depend on What I'm doing it's either 60 or 120 seconds, it seem like forever for my rest periods so when my body was like okay I'm rested, I just started hitting, my clothes is fitting real loose but I step on the scale and gain 4 pounds, maybe it's from the beer I was drinking and I'm holding water or I put on some lean mass.

Upped my Cardio also.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I did Google. But some are quite vague. Especially when I try to log it in mycaloriefitness pal

I would try to find skinless chicken quarters but it would give me "homemade thighs" but not quarters

Or it would give me chicken quarters but from a brand like trader joes.

There is so much out there but I have no clue which one is closest to it
Just use the calories from raw full pieces of chicken...if you bread it, cook it in oil, add a sauce, etc. Add the calories separately.

The Nutritional Value of Chicken - The National Chicken Council

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Gym has no dip/pullup belts :snoop:

Did my googles for DIY options. Went to Home Depot. Less than $15 for 6ft heavy duty chain and two hooks.

Comfy and sturdy as fukk. Highly customization, too. :ehh:

These online options are way overpriced. :heh:
Also you get the benefit of walking in the gym with a big ass chain around your neck so people know shyt is real

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So my cousin wants to go to the gym with me. :snoop:

Someone whip up some quick ab, arms and leg workouts for an 18 year old girl. :snoop:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Do you have a pic or a link? I'm looking to make one.

Got the idea from

The PVC pipe and S-Hooks are unnecessary. You can still create the crotch triangle with just the chain and two clamps.

Use a pool noodle (or similar) if you need extra cushioning for heavier weights.

Also you get the benefit of walking in the gym with a big ass chain around your neck so people know shyt is real

Nothin like the sound of chains clangin :ahh:

Didn't even get to the register at Home Depot without comments. Breh goes:

"That must be one hell of a pit you got :whew:"

:mjlol: