Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I work out 6 Days a Week, Today is the 6th day, and I used it as Strength Training

Today my workout out will be

Barbell Floor Bench Press 3X3
Pause Squats 5X5
Standing Overhead Barbell Press 5X5
Rack Pull 3X3
Close Grip Bench Press (Triceps) 5X5
EZ Bar Curls

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Had a crappy workout two days in a row.
Tuesday, I was really tired. Did low weight, high rep stuff.
Yesterday, worked on shoulders. Started out tired with low weights. Got up to 135 lbs standing military press for one rep for two sets.

Side note: gluts and hamstrings are tight affecting my lower back. I've been using a foam roller to try to release the tightness.

Second side note: Yesterday, there were four 'black man's Kryptonite'* working out in the free weight section of the gym. :whew:

* white woman with a big bubble butt

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
been outrunning colds and the flu like bolt, but yesterday a cold finally pulled a gatlin and caught me :mad: had to miss my workout today, i feel like shyt. really annoyed because tho my diet has been shyt, i've been in such a good place workout-wise. been killing everything, even with the weight increases, i've mentally and physically been in the zone. fukk :sadcam:

hopefully i'm feeling better tomorrow so i can get a little upper body done and some cardio

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
eug2zn.jpg
[/IMG]
eug2zn.jpg[
eug2zn.jpg

If you don't know what this is :ufdup:

If you don't see this at the place you workout there's a great chance you workout at a fitness club, not a Gym

Go to any power lifting gym and ask them what is the best equipment in here, The majority will point at this machine

Your Squat sucks, get your ass on this, you want big squats get your ass on this, your squats stalled, get your ass on this.

If it gets easy grab a dumbbell and start banging out reps

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
eug2zn.jpg
[/IMG]
eug2zn.jpg[
eug2zn.jpg

If you don't know what this is :ufdup:

If you don't see this at the place you workout there's a great chance you workout at a fitness club, not a Gym

Go to any power lifting gym and ask them what is the best equipment in here, The majority will point at this machine

Your Squat sucks, get your ass on this, you want big squats get your ass on this, your squats stalled, get your ass on this.

If it gets easy grab a dumbbell and start banging out reps

The hell is this?

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
The hell is this?

Like @The ADD said, Pain and Growth!

This is a hamstring Raise Machine, this shyt never will get easy because you use your natural body weight then you add dumbbells

This shyt hurts and one of the greatest machine invented, this shyt blast your hamstrings, make it stronger

In Power Lifting after leg day when it's all Squatting, The only leg machine we had at our PL Gym was that machine. That's all you need to have a Big squat. The shyt is painful

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Still sore from Wednesday's squats and death marches, plus going bowling last night didn't help. :francis: Now after breakfast I gotta head back out there again for some benching and shoulder work. Maybe throw some ab work in since I doubt I'll have the strength or time to do cardio.

Gotta improve my nutrition cuz it's been bad lately. It's like a Mr Jekyll and Dr Hyde thing I got going on. What's good is eating boneless ribs and mixed veggies around 5pm. What's bad is eating French fries and these cinnamon toast crunch bites found at Wal-Mart on an impulse buy, at two in the morning. Luckily the box finished last night. :francis:

That does lead me to thinking about a conversation me and my boy had last night. He was talking about trying intermittent fasting. He's up to 183 but doesn't hit up the gym, just push ups and I guess random bike rides and jogging. Don't know how much he expects to lose but he was talking about going down to 155, we'll see. He was mentioning his eating and drinking. Of course he's been drinking beer lately so obviously that kills you there. I was telling him that it doesn't matter when you eat but rather how much you eat. Calories count the same at any time of day. What are you guys thoughts on this?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Still sore from Wednesday's squats and death marches, plus going bowling last night didn't help. :francis: Now after breakfast I gotta head back out there again for some benching and shoulder work. Maybe throw some ab work in since I doubt I'll have the strength or time to do cardio.

Gotta improve my nutrition cuz it's been bad lately. It's like a Mr Jekyll and Dr Hyde thing I got going on. What's good is eating boneless ribs and mixed veggies around 5pm. What's bad is eating French fries and these cinnamon toast crunch bites found at Wal-Mart on an impulse buy, at two in the morning. Luckily the box finished last night. :francis:

That does lead me to thinking about a conversation me and my boy had last night. He was talking about trying intermittent fasting. He's up to 183 but doesn't hit up the gym, just push ups and I guess random bike rides and jogging. Don't know how much he expects to lose but he was talking about going down to 155, we'll see. He was mentioning his eating and drinking. Of course he's been drinking beer lately so obviously that kills you there. I was telling him that it doesn't matter when you eat but rather how much you eat. Calories count the same at any time of day. What are you guys thoughts on this?

It does matter depending on the goal:

If you are trying to add or maintain lean muscle.3-4 quality servings of protein is ideal.

In terms of losing weight it doesn't really matter.

There is a lot of oncoming research about the benefits of eating in a 12 hour window but that's on an overall health perspective.

IF is just a tool to skip a meal and limit calories. In terms of weight loss it's no more effective than eating the same amount of cals on a different schedule.