Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
people at work stay :drool: and :feedme: @ my lunches (which are pretty basic)...i'm like, well if you'd ever cook, you too could have a fresh, balanced meal for lunch :aicmon:

@Duke Dixon

I forgot to say...personally since I started cutting, I only do the big 3 lifts, pull ups and db presses/snatches..

Most of my energy goes to cardio...

I'm at 165 from 202 since November..im cutting aggressively tho..

If you keep 2000 calories as your max and put the effort more into cardio, you'll easily have at least a pound come off a week...
damn, what are you doing? (aside from hella cardio that i see you post)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Thats true, I do need to do more cardio but the heavy lifting should be a cardio vasiculor workout. I have a Fitbit and when I tracked my HR I was in my target heart range during the lifting. I need to track a week again to see what my output is like now.

Yea I don't its possible for me to eat 2000 calories and be healthy.
FB HR is notoriously off, if you want to use HR in your training/calculations, get a real HRM with a chest strap (polar would be my suggestion). also, HR gets high during weight lifting but the work/effort required by your body is different than it is for cardio. using HR/calories burned during heavy lifts is inaccurate, only way to get a more accurate reading during lifting is circuits - low weight, high reps, very short rest - if any at all, preferably some cardio or plyo in between (step ups, box jumps, jump squats, jump twists, burpees, sprints, etc)

The body can adjust to alot of things...

I been perfectly fine on 1400-1800 calories..sometimes less if I crash after work:yeshrug:
no wonder you dropped so fast, i'm a chick and 1400 is extreme for me - @ 1500 i was losing 3lbs a week in the beginning.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
FB HR is notoriously off, if you want to use HR in your training/calculations, get a real HRM with a chest strap (polar would be my suggestion). also, HR gets high during weight lifting but the work/effort required by your body is different than it is for cardio. using HR/calories burned during heavy lifts is inaccurate, only way to get a more accurate reading during lifting is circuits - low weight, high reps, very short rest - if any at all, preferably some cardio or plyo in between (step ups, box jumps, jump squats, jump twists, burpees, sprints, etc)

no wonder you dropped so fast, i'm a chick and 1400 is extreme for me - @ 1500 i was losing 3lbs a week in the beginning.

This 6 pack coming by any means necessary:mjcry:.....

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
@dora_da_destroyer where you get your recipes for savory oats from? Just bout these plain oats trying to see what you're talking about
I just go off the top of my dome - depends on what I'm in the mood for or what ingredients I have. But you can just google savory oats and see which pictures look good to you and try those recipes.

My personal go to is sautee some onion, add them to the dry oats, cook in chicken broth, then top with green onion, a litttle cheese, medium egg, and ground turkey sausage.

I also like sautéed mushrooms and kale on top with some parm and an egg

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Aren’t you my age? Don’t say “almost in my 30’s” :tfarmer:
30's are beautiful :ufdup:

now to them nikkas in they 40's
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:obama:

For me personally a food deficit is not enough. Even at a strict 1900kcal/day I need like 3 hours/2500kcal of cardio a week to get the weight off. A set of magnetic rollers + a cheap bike don't cost much and will get the job done.

----------------------------

Came in to say the "online coaching" craze is an epidemic. Cynical cash grab. I'd say it's almost worse than the gym trainers as I think you pay more for less 1 on 1 time. shyt's crazy

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Powerlifter Brandon Lilly just sent me his strength program for free. Good looking Brandon. I'm deciding what strength program I'm going to start Brandon Lilly, Strong Lifts 5x5, Or 5x3x1

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone wear Bluetooth headphones at the gym? My Sony MDRXB950BT broke on me and these ear buds arentarcutting it.