Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
There aint NOTHING like that post workout high

200.gif

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I kind of pre exhaust/warm up my legs before I do my Front Squats. So I start off with 4 x 15 Leg Extensions, 4 x 15 hip Abductors/adductors and than I get to the squats.

to the brehs that front squat:

is it the first excercise you do in a workout?

do your legs fatigue first, or your upper body?

if legs, did your upper body ever fatigue first?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still feeling like shyt, but was at least able and do something today.:hamster:

Yo, why do gyms still play loud ass music at this point? Ninety percent of people wear head phones at this point anyway. :francis:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Would anyone be able to help me with resources to creating a meal plan? My biggest hurdle is that I'm through out most of the day during weekdays, but I pack a lunch instead of eating out.

After using information that I've been able to find by searching through this thread I know what my macro nutrients should look like aswell as my calorie intake. After tracking what I normally eat in a day, I always eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch :mjcry:, I found out that Im eating more sugar than I thought and missing out on my macro nutrients and I'm at a calorie deficit. That would explain why I haven't been reaching the strength goals like I've wanted despite putting work in at the gym, why my body fat% hasn't gone down much, why I feel light headed after working out, and why I always feel tired.

I just need someplace that has the nutrient facts and meal ideas for throughout the week so thatti can make my own plan so that im eating cleaner and not overworking while undereating.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Would anyone be able to help me with resources to creating a meal plan? My biggest hurdle is that I'm through out most of the day during weekdays, but I pack a lunch instead of eating out.

After using information that I've been able to find by searching through this thread I know what my macro nutrients should look like aswell as my calorie intake. After tracking what I normally eat in a day, I always eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch :mjcry:, I found out that Im eating more sugar than I thought and missing out on my macro nutrients and I'm at a calorie deficit. That would explain why I haven't been reaching the strength goals like I've wanted despite putting work in at the gym, why my body fat% hasn't gone down much, why I feel light headed after working out, and why I always feel tired.

I just need someplace that has the nutrient facts and meal ideas for throughout the week so thatti can make my own plan so that im eating cleaner and not overworking while undereating.

how much is your calorie deficit if you had to estimate?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I'm 6'4 218 pounds, weight from yesterday, currently with about 17% body fat, i have some abdominal definition and my arms are vascular. At the beginning of the year I was 223 pounds. I've been lifting for for 3 years now after taking a year break. When I first started again I was 213 lbs in 2016. After that I ate a lot and didnt care about my diet and lifted a lot and was at, 243-245 at the beginning of 2017. I was able to drop the weight by switching to water, not eating fast food, and eating less fried food at home.

I used myplate to track the calories and they said I eat about 2800 calories

On an average weekday i eat:

Breakfast
4 eggs
4 Sausage links
Toast with jelly
8 Oz Fruit Medley Splash

Lunch:
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
Applesauce
Pepperoni slices
String cheese
(I eat like a 5th grader:mjcry:
)

Dinner:
Typical dinner is 8-12oz meat
1 potato
Raw vegetables either broccoli or celery and carrots

Snack:
Protein shake with 2 scoops of whey
Creatine
2 tablespoons butter

Other than breakfast the only thing that I drink is water. For lunch I'm at school, there from 9-7 most days. I live off campus and I just found out last week there was a microwave in a lab room that I can use.

Actually after typing all of this I realized that this could be the problem since I started the new semester January 9th.

As for a typical week of physical activity I workout 4 times a week for about 2 hrs. MWF I bench and do either squats or deadlifts. Mondays I do chest/back and alternate each week by focusing more on either or. Tuesdays I do legs, Wednesdays I do arms, and Fridays I do upper body power lifting stuff with some auxiliary lifts. I did do HIIT for 20 minutes on Thursdays but I haven't had any energy to do that since the middle of January. I would also like to do another leg day on Sunday but again I just don't have the energy. After lifting I would run on the treadmill for 10 minutes but lately I just feel too lightheaded and leave.

A typical M is
Eliptical for 10 minutes (primarily to eake up)
Warm up shoulders with resistance cables
Bench 5/3/1 with warm ups before target weight and then deload for reps
Deadlift 8/6/4 although the last few times I've been doing 3 sets of 12
Incline bench 8/6/4
Decline bench 8/6/4
Tricep pull down 3x12
Lat pull down 3X12
Resistance machine flys 3x12
Incline hammer machine 8/6/4
Another chest hammer machine 8/8/4
Backrows 3x12

I do a few more lifts as well. Everything that I do is to failure or I can't get 1 more rep. In terms of strength I was able to get 1rep of 290 for bench last Wednesday and bench 245 10 times when I deload. Last month I was able to deadlift 400lbs for the 1st time, but I haven't tried to go that heavy again. The last time i deadlifted I was able to do 315 12 times for my last set.

As far as meals go I don't care if they are big or small but since I have to eat at campus there is only so much I can take.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Duke Dixon

I think your count might be off and/or your not doing enough cardio...

The cardio is definitely an issue...20 minutes not gonna get it done

I dunno if your counting the jelly/butter into your calories, but they add up...

Your prolly eating at maintenance or even at a slight bulk...

If you gonna eat all that, your cardio gotta get way more intense..

Find an outdoor trail/track and start running...get an app to track your runs...

If you eat even 2000 calories, the weight will fly off quicker depending on how long and intense of a run you do...

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Duke Dixon

I forgot to say...personally since I started cutting, I only do the big 3 lifts, pull ups and db presses/snatches..

Most of my energy goes to cardio...

I'm at 165 from 202 since November..im cutting aggressively tho..

If you keep 2000 calories as your max and put the effort more into cardio, you'll easily have at least a pound come off a week...

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like quarter squatting has really become the new norm. I see so many people not squatting all the way down, just bending their knees a few times thinking they're doing something.

I had like three people look at me yesterday like :wtf: when I actually hit depth (not even ATG, just below parallel). And I wasn't even going heavy either. :why:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel like quarter squatting has really become the new norm. I see so many people not squatting all the way down, just bending their knees a few times thinking they're doing something.

I had like three people look at me yesterday like :wtf: when I actually hit depth (not even ATG, just below parallel). And I wasn't even going heavy either. :why:

I seen dudes who know their way around the gym do it..nothing wrong with 135lbs and building up from there..but it's the ego at play