Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2000 calories at his height at 6ft 4 is ridiculous. im 5ft 11 at 200lbs currently cutting and eating 2400 calories a day and I’m still losing weight.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
@Duke Dixon

I think your count might be off and/or your not doing enough cardio...

The cardio is definitely an issue...20 minutes not gonna get it done

Thats true, I do need to do more cardio but the heavy lifting should be a cardio vasiculor workout. I have a Fitbit and when I tracked my HR I was in my target heart range during the lifting. I need to track a week again to see what my output is like now.

If you eat even 2000 calories, the weight will fly off quicker depending on how long and intense of a run you do...
2000 calories at his height at 6ft 4 is ridiculous. im 5ft 11 at 200lbs currently cutting and eating 2400 calories a day and I’m still losing weight.

Yea I don't its possible for me to eat 2000 calories and be healthy.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Thats true, I do need to do more cardio but the heavy lifting should be a cardio vasiculor workout. I have a Fitbit and when I tracked my HR I was in my target heart range during the lifting. I need to track a week again to see what my output is like now.

Yea I don't its possible for me to eat 2000 calories and be healthy.

The body can adjust to alot of things...

I been perfectly fine on 1400-1800 calories..sometimes less if I crash after work:yeshrug:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quarter squatting really annoys me because I've had to check my ego at the door and reevaluate my form over the years to get it right (and there's still room for improvement). So quarter squatting is a complete disrespect for the weight.

Worse is when I see personal trainers teaching quarter squats to their clients :snoop:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Quarter squatting really annoys me because I've had to check my ego at the door and reevaluate my form over the years to get it right (and there's still room for improvement). So quarter squatting is a complete disrespect for the weight.

Worse is when I see personal trainers teaching quarter squats to their clients :snoop:

All this ego lifting shyt is what people say who scared to get under the bar with respectable weight and squat with depth.

And they same people that like to always talk about their Leg Press number

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Okay I will be back in the gym tomorrow, I took a few days off and partied for my birthday, partied Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
I had to get it out my system. Today is loading the body with vitamins and supplements, to prime the body

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I’ve put my Push, Pull, Legs routine to rest for a bit so that I can try out a Full Body routine.

But today I decided that 1 workout this week I will perform 100 x reps of every exercise as I do (as many sets as it takes to get over 100 reps).

1000m row on C2 rower
Warmup 30 x pullups

Barbell incline bench 11 sets (110reps). 135lb-185lb
Leg Press 7 sets (105reps) 270lbs-315lb
Facepull 7 sets (110reps) 120lbs
Leg extension 5 sets (105reps) 85lb-100lb
Tricep pushdown 5 sets (110reps) 60lb
Seated Calf raises 5 sets (125reps) 135lbs

20 x dips (which was to failure)
1000m row on C2 rower

I had a nasty pump especially in my calves and chest. I decided to give this a go today rather than my normal routine just to change the pace up.

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I feel like quarter squatting has really become the new norm. I see so many people not squatting all the way down, just bending their knees a few times thinking they're doing something.

I had like three people look at me yesterday like :wtf: when I actually hit depth (not even ATG, just below parallel). And I wasn't even going heavy either. :why:

I seen dudes who know their way around the gym do it..nothing wrong with 135lbs and building up from there..but it's the ego at play

I used to be that guy at the gym squating big numbers just above parallel. Recently switched it up to a high bar about 3 weeks ago and been working on hip flexability and that glute hamstring activation caught a nikka all the way off guard. I'm only getting 235 for 5 now but its definitely a better workout.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took everything in the medicine cabinet for this cold, going to just try to get in (a less intense) session in.:francis:

Going to at least warm-up to get some squat sets in the work on my technique so more. Overhead press might be the same. Deads could be interesting w/o the squat/press volume.:mjgrin:

Weather is stupid nice today, so I know its going to be crowed like crazy. :francis:

Last edited: