Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I had a free trial for boxing lesson, I loved it. The price equals about 30 bucks session. I have two gym memberships because I travel alot,a I just can't convince myself to spend another 300 bucks for the lessons .

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Open season is here next week. As a first timer I’m excited, nervous, apprehensive and looking forward to really pushing myself all at the same damn. I used to disrespect the shyt out of crossfit but over the last year I’ve really come to appreciate the difference between the bullshyt and the actual sport and amazing talent of the athletes who dominate. For example- this week we retested open workout 14.5/16.5.

For time:
21-18-15-12-9-6-3
Thrusters (95#)
Bar facing burpees

Add in proper judging, ie- each squat of thruster must be to depth, each jump over bar must start on two feet and land on two feet, each burpee body must properly touch ground, etc. Things get a lot more sticky.

Anyway, I finish at 17:26, thinking I’m making decent progress for a beginner. Especially someone like myself who has the strength but lacks the endurance and cv capacity to manage wods like this. I think the best score posted at my gym was just over 10:00

So I go online last night watching videos of games athletes doing this workout and I see this:

Josh Bridges crushing this shyt in 7:15.

Just puts into perspective how fit these guys are. Blows my mind.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Open season is here next week. As a first timer I’m excited, nervous, apprehensive and looking forward to really pushing myself all at the same damn. I used to disrespect the shyt out of crossfit but over the last year I’ve really come to appreciate the difference between the bullshyt and the actual sport and amazing talent of the athletes who dominate. For example- this week we retested open workout 14.5/16.5.

For time:
21-18-15-12-9-6-3
Thrusters (95#)
Bar facing burpees

Add in proper judging, ie- each squat of thruster must be to depth, each jump over bar must start on two feet and land on two feet, each burpee body must properly touch ground, etc. Things get a lot more sticky.

Anyway, I finish at 17:26, thinking I’m making decent progress for a beginner. Especially someone like myself who has the strength but lacks the endurance and cv capacity to manage wods like this. I think the best score posted at my gym was just over 10:00

So I go online last night watching videos of games athletes doing this workout and I see this:

Josh Bridges crushing this shyt in 7:15.

Just puts into perspective how fit these guys are. Blows my mind.

U a mma fighter breh:dwillhuh:

You be going in for real:merchant:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
U a mma fighter breh:dwillhuh:

You be going in for real:merchant:

Lol nah that’s not me in video. That guys finished first place in the entire world at the workout. He’s a beast.

Im just inspired by how fit these guys are.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last night:whew:

Squats went well, really had to focus on keeping back tightness/abs, but I think I'ma lower the reps down now or maybe slow down my warm-up reps. My CNS felt fried after squats.

Bench was weird. Dunno if it was grip/hand positioning or lack of focus, but sets were all over. First set was:patrice: second:dahell: third:banderas::mjgrin:.

Rows were cool, finally feel like my lats are popping.:wow: Might start mixing it up with weighted dips and body-weight dips.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
so i switched my carbs from breakfast to dinner yesterday and chugged my pre-workout this morning vs sipping it over ~15 minutes - haven't beasted thru AM legs like that EVER!! i'm definitely switching carbs to dinner the night before my heavy lift mornings from now on. i'll leave them in the AM other days

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

Today is the Day that Seperate the Men from The Boys.

It's Leg Day :blessed:

I ate 1 cup of raw oats with 2 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter

Got my Strong Power Lifting Knees Sleeves Ready

Today Workout

Back Squats
Front Squats
Hack Squats
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Reverse Leg Curl
Calf Raises

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
so i switched my carbs from breakfast to dinner yesterday and chugged my pre-workout this morning vs sipping it over ~15 minutes - haven't beasted thru AM legs like that EVER!! i'm definitely switching carbs to dinner the night before my heavy lift mornings from now on. i'll leave them in the AM other days
Don’t you trained “fasted”?

Carbs at night and then that pre :blessed:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Don’t you trained “fasted”?

Carbs at night and then that pre :blessed:
yep, that's why i made the switch to carbs at night. was doing some reading last week about ways to perform better during AM lifts and that was a suggestion. been so laser focused on "only eat carbs after my workout/in the morning" that something that simple never occured to me :ohhh:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Today is the Day that Seperate the Men from The Boys.

It's Leg Day :blessed:

I ate 1 cup of raw oats with 2 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter

Got my Strong Power Lifting Knees Sleeves Ready

Today Workout

Back Squats
Front Squats
Hack Squats
Leg Extension
Leg Curl
Reverse Leg Curl
Calf Raises

:whoo:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn, wish I thought of that.

I went low carb all day yesterday and tried to hit legs this morning. shyt was :trash:.