Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

I stopped using wrist straps like those decades ago.
Although it helps you "grip" a barbell, it doesn't help you build your grip strength.
I read it in a magazine, the bodybuilding mags which usually are 90% supplement advertisements, but it was an article on a bodybuilder who stopped using wrist straps.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

So I wrap these around bar and hold the leather? Or I slide the leather up around my wrists/forearms to distribute the load?

Although it helps you "grip" a barbell, it doesn't help you build your grip strength.
I read it in a magazine, the bodybuilding mags which usually are 90% supplement advertisements, but it was an article on a bodybuilder who stopped using wrist straps.
I'm a female, I don't need a strong grip :skip: nor the big ass forearms that come from trying to strengthen your grip. I just wanna do my deadlifts :(

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
How does the transition from skinny to big start? Been working out for a long time but I’m only 164 now. Hoping once I get to 180 lbs. I’ll look like I work out.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
So I wrap these around bar and hold the leather? Or I slide the leather up around my wrists/forearms to distribute the load?

51U4iI9qthL.jpg

Loop it around your wrist and then loop the strap around the bar

Strap direction should be the opposite direction of your fingers so when it slips the two surfaces have friction. If you do it the wrong way the bar will just roll out.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
IDGAF about grip strength cuz, I just sumo'd 3x5x385 with straps today :biggapls:

I do want to build up my grip but if I have to choose between training grip and my hamstrings I'm training my hamstrings. I have stopped using straps for upper body stuff so that's an improvement.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You couldn't compete in powerlifting with straps, but for your own personal lifts they're perfectly fine.

Only thing is you might need to do some more direct forearm work because of it.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
How does the transition from skinny to big start? Been working out for a long time but I’m only 164 now. Hoping once I get to 180 lbs. I’ll look like I work out.
Calorie Surplus, up your intake of healthy fats, Good Carbs, Protein, veggies and fruit.

Eat like a horse, lots of oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, steak, fish, chicken, milk, Rice

Go heavy in the gym to pack on Mass, if you is a hard gainer, there's some really great Mass Gainer on the market without sugar and fat, one shake will get you around 500 cals in and you can add peanut butter for more cals

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
Calorie Surplus, up your intake of healthy fats, Good Carbs, Protein, veggies and fruit.

Eat like a horse, lots of oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, steak, fish, chicken, milk, Rice

Go heavy in the gym to pack on Mass, if you is a hard gainer, there's some really great Mass Gainer on the market without sugar and fat, one shake will get you around 500 cals in and you can add peanut butter for more cals

I eat what you described now and try to go 4-5 days BUT I’m gonna take your advice and up my portions. Adding peanut butter to my shakes was one of the smartest things I ever did.

Might lose some definition but I can always cut to get that back, right?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yes

Also make sure you are progressing. Keep your form in check at all times, but make sure that over time you are adding weight on everything. If you're not getting stronger you're not building muscle mass, so any weight gain there would just be fat.

I spun my wheels for a long time because I would just go to the gym and kind of go through the motions. Over the last year and a half or so I really put some thought into making gains. It's definitely paid off. I'm noticeably bigger. Clothes fit differently at the same weight. I weigh more but my waist is smaller etc. You have to be a little cerebral about it.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I eat what you described now and try to go 4-5 days BUT I’m gonna take your advice and up my portions. Adding peanut butter to my shakes was one of the smartest things I ever did.

Yes up your portions, and for your shakes add 2 scoops of protein, peanut butter, throw in raw oats (Oatmeal), banana, 2 raw eggs with creatine. Try having 3 a Day if your money permits it

Remember in building our bodies we don't give a fukk about the taste we eat for Gainz.

And Lift Heavy on the Main Lifts, to get big you going to have to Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press and Over Hand Barbell Press, those are the strength and mass builders that command your body to grow.

And when I say heavy it's the weight that you can lift 6 times for 4 sets with good form, when you hit that go up 2.5 or 5 pounds and stay there until you can do all 4 sets 6 times then go up again.

I had great results with this Mass Gainer
image_skuUNIV179_largeImage_X_450_white.jpg

Yes you can, when you get to your weight you want up your cardio, get back to your regular diet, and go for high reps In your workout, not only will you lose the weight but you will look bigger because the little fat you do have it will be melted off to show all those new gainz

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm exhausted this week. Like to the point I could really lay here and go to sleep, but I need to head to work :sadcam:

Think I might need to splurge on cals today and go to sleep dumb early, my body is not feeling the increased load this week at all.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Today is Chest Day

Barbell Bench Press 4x12

Dumbbell Bench Press 4x12 go up in weight every set

Machine Incline (Hammer Strength) 4x12

Machine Decline (Hammer Strength) 4x12

Incline Dumbbell Flyes 4x12

Pec Dec Fly 4x12 increase weight each set

Dips 3x12

Cross Body Cable 4x15-20 reps per set, flushing blood to the chest

Pre Workout Shake - Protein, Creatine, Carbo Plus, Noxygen for the NO

Supplements - Uni-Vite (Multi Vitamins) Fish Oil, Alpha 7 Lean (Fat Burner) Vitamin D, BCAA's

Anabolics - 11x, Androvar, Decabolin

Time to Bang Weights

I'm all about going heavy and volume

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Today is Chest Day

Barbell Bench Press 4x12

Dumbbell Bench Press 4x12 go up in weight every set

Machine Incline (Hammer Strength) 4x12

Machine Decline (Hammer Strength) 4x12

Incline Dumbbell Flyes 4x12

Pec Dec Fly 4x12 increase weight each set

Dips 3x12

Cross Body Cable 4x15-20 reps per set, flushing blood to the chest

Pre Workout Shake - Protein, Creatine, Carbo Plus, Noxygen for the NO

Supplements - Uni-Vite (Multi Vitamins) Fish Oil, Alpha 7 Lean (Fat Burner) Vitamin D, BCAA's

Anabolics - 11x, Androvar, Decabolin

Time to Bang Weights

I'm all about going heavy and volume
:damn: