Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I have a question, would you guys recommend this workout plan for me?

Mainly I want to gain muscle and shed some of that belly fat(skinny fat).

Monday, Wednesday, Friday I plan on doing compound exercises with HIIT cardio.

Tuesday & Thursday I plan on doing isolation exercises.

:yeshrug:

Your gonna burn out:francis:

And I believe your gonna have to probably either cut 1st or bulk..

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Your gonna burn out:francis:

And I believe your gonna have to probably either cut 1st or bulk..

I depends on how intense his HIIT cardio is. He could be fine after a while. First couple weeks will be rough though.

I usually do 20 mins of moderate HIIT cycling M-W, with heavy compound exercises following it (Chest, Back, Legs). Th I play soccer. F I combine Back and Chest, but mainly body weight exercises in addition to abs. Saturday more soccer and then rest Sunday.

I haven't burned out, and I'm also looking to lose weight so I'm intense in the gym but I'm more intense in the kitchen.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I depends on how intense his HIIT cardio is. He could be fine after a while. First couple weeks will be rough though.

I usually do 20 mins of moderate HIIT cycling M-W, with heavy compound exercises following it (Chest, Back, Legs). Th I play soccer. F I combine Back and Chest, but mainly body weight exercises in addition to abs. Saturday more soccer and then rest Sunday.

I haven't burned out, and I'm also looking to lose weight so I'm intense in the gym but I'm more intense in the kitchen.

Do you work?:pachaha:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

The “issue” is that terms are all gray area now. “Heavy”, HIIT, moderate, etc.

Nobody is wrong at the end of the day but what those and other terms mean to me can wildly differ to someone else.

You bring up a good point in that if the nutrition isn’t working towards fueling whatever you are doing...........:francis:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I think I'll switch to a pescatarian diet for a while. I remember I went vegetarian in college for the Lent and it did wonders for me. I don't really eat a lot of meat to begin with, really only chicken and the occasional burger, but I do want to try a more fish-based diet for a while.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think I'll switch to a pescatarian diet for a while. I remember I went vegetarian in college for the Lent and it did wonders for me. I don't really eat a lot of meat to begin with, really only chicken and the occasional burger, but I do want to try a more fish-based diet for a while.

You will def feel different...i can't really describe it, but I feel somewhat lighter..

And I don't have the urge CURRRENTLY to eat beef/chicken...

I never thought I'd say that.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
Detail it more. This is a pretty broad description.

HIIT three times a week seems not sustainable combined with the other plans and a little counter intuitive to your stated goals.
I don’t plan on doing no more than 15-20 mins of cardio plus I might just do cardio on Wednesday as compound exercises help burn fat and I tend to sweat heavily on squatting and dlifting :whew:

As far as burning out, maybe the first week. I really hate cardio and might actually drop it. My main concern is that pretty much I won’t be giving my muscles any rest until Saturday and Sunday and I just want to know if that will play a negative role on muscle growth.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I don’t plan on doing no more than 15-20 mins of cardio plus I might just do cardio on Wednesday as compound exercises help burn fat and I tend to sweat heavily on squatting and dlifting :whew:

As far as burning out, maybe the first week. I really hate cardio and might actually drop it. My main concern is that pretty much I won’t be giving my muscles any rest until Saturday and Sunday and I just want to know if that will play a negative role on muscle growth.

Muscle growth depends on a lot of factors. Are you new to lifting?

TGainz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Is it just my area or is the gym always crowded on sundays lol....still got it in though