Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
There was a dude at the gym today, looked to be about 6'2- 6'3, point is he was taller then everyone on the court.

we are about to play 2 on 2, and seeing how he is taller then everyone I ask you just wanna post up?

Dude says to me " If I can, I really don't know how to" I had to refrain from giving him a dirty look, because I haven't balled in a while, and I was going to be trash.

I'm shorter then 6'2 and I post people up if the match up calls for it!

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I guess the difference is in your approach. A lot of people just want a protocol to follow. It is a lot to try and parse out and understand. I just wrote a program for one of my wife's friends that really broke everything down.

But for me, and a lot of brehs here, a lot of the fun comes from figuring shyt out on my own. I had a lot of missteps on my way up, but I'm here now and I know what I'm doing. I find a lot of satisfaction in that. But for someone who just wants to get results ASAP- which is fair and possible- I can see how all the fitness social media shyt can be frustrating. You are 100% right, a lot of people selling coaching and plans have no business telling anyone how to do anything

Yeah man...

shyt is so methodical until all the pieces come together and you find your "groove"...

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Oly complexes moving along nicely

1 high hang power clean
+
1 hang power clean
+
1 power clean
+
2 front squats

225# moving extra smooth and controlled. I’m finally feeling comfortable w these lifts to the point where I can tell when they’re correct and when I’m making mistakes I can pinpoint what’s going wrong. Some of the hardest shyt I’ve done fitness wise but so rewarding when it clicks.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Dips are the truth :wow:

When you slightly lean foward and fully activate your pecs :whew:

GOAT and heavily underrated exercise.
I threw flat bench out the window.... chest is quite buxom.... shoulders are relieved. Everthing isn't for everybody. I was stuck at 235x5 for like 3 years :francis:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I just had my first experience with Planet Fitness. So my boy asked me to workout with him today just on some random shyt. I went ahead and did so just cause it made sure I went somewhere to workout. But he has a membership at Planet Fitness so I just decided to give it a try.

Got damn I was :scust: the whole time there. The dumbbells went only up to 75. :scust: No free weight bench press. :scust: No free weight squat racks. :scust: No bar or even a spot to do deadlifts. :scust: And I swear I have never seen so many weight machines and treadmills in one place in my life. :scust: If you only want to do some cardio, I guess it’s cool. For anybody that wants to do any serious lifting, :camby: .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
^^^ yea from what I've heard is planet fitness targets people who don't actually want to get fit or who are just "moving" to maintain. They're anti bodybuilder - thus the low weights - and fukking serve unlimited pizza once a month :dead:

Edit: from t-nation :russ:

1. Planet Fitness is a big, purple-colored adult daycare marketed to people afraid to go to an actual gym.

Rice'N Beckford

**King of ADOS**
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Cut ~10lbs since jam. 2nd. Now at 213lbs.

I was so hungry lastnight. Wanted to hit mcdonalds and grab a fry and burger but didnt :whoa:

I literally have been stalling at 218lbs for about a week. Woke up this morning and pissed out 5lbs :russ:. I was waiting for my body to finally fet rid of the excess water Ive been carrying.

Cutting at 2400cals/240pro/250 carbs/60g fats:shaq:

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
I have a question, would you guys recommend this workout plan for me?

Mainly I want to gain muscle and shed some of that belly fat(skinny fat).

Monday, Wednesday, Friday I plan on doing compound exercises with HIIT cardio.

Tuesday & Thursday I plan on doing isolation exercises.

:yeshrug:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I have a question, would you guys recommend this workout plan for me?

Mainly I want to gain muscle and shed some of that belly fat(skinny fat).

Monday, Wednesday, Friday I plan on doing compound exercises with HIIT cardio.

Tuesday & Thursday I plan on doing isolation exercises.

:yeshrug:
Detail it more. This is a pretty broad description.

HIIT three times a week seems not sustainable combined with the other plans and a little counter intuitive to your stated goals.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
I just had my first experience with Planet Fitness. So my boy asked me to workout with him today just on some random shyt. I went ahead and did so just cause it made sure I went somewhere to workout. But he has a membership at Planet Fitness so I just decided to give it a try.

Got damn I was :scust: the whole time there. The dumbbells went only up to 75. :scust: No free weight bench press. :scust: No free weight squat racks. :scust: No bar or even a spot to do deadlifts. :scust: And I swear I have never seen so many weight machines and treadmills in one place in my life. :scust: If you only want to do some cardio, I guess it’s cool. For anybody that wants to do any serious lifting, :camby: .
^^^ yea from what I've heard is planet fitness targets people who don't actually want to get fit or who are just "moving" to maintain. They're anti bodybuilder - thus the low weights - and fukking serve unlimited pizza once a month :dead:

Edit: from t-nation :russ:

:why:*cancels PF membership* :scusthov: