Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
There's talk of a 24 hour fitness coming to my work town. High key though my job has an empty facility that would make for a great gym. If I had the foresight I would have coordinated getting my gym's old equipment and putting it in that room. But it's a lot to try to manage.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
@brownsugah saw your post in the other thread - why don't you try working out in the morning? it sucks waking up early, but it's honestly what helps me not be in the same boat as you with the being too tired after work to want to workout.

or at minimum get your diet on track, you're not gaining the weight because you're not working out, you're gaining it because you're eating more than you should for your activity level. so at minimum start a diet - if you're eating out at lunch more or snacking more at your new job, stop!

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I fukked my elbow up, don't know how.

I can't do 10 pushups as a result .

I guess it's all legs, core, and back for the next month or so.

My golf resurgence is derailed now

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@brownsugah saw your post in the other thread - why don't you try working out in the morning? it sucks waking up early, but it's honestly what helps me not be in the same boat as you with the being too tired after work to want to workout.

or at minimum get your diet on track, you're not gaining the weight because you're not working out, you're gaining it because you're eating more than you should for your activity level. so at minimum start a diet - if you're eating out at lunch more or snacking more at your new job, stop!
I am too lazy to wake up early since I have to be in work at 7:30. But I might need to make it a habit. Do you work out at home in the mornings or do you make a quick trip to the gym? What exercises do you do during your workouts and how long?

I won’t lie, I love to eat and every time I attempt a diet.. I have a tough time following through on them. But overall I need more self discipline and willpower. My job loves to feed us and is always serving food no matter what... so it’s very tempting for me. I was recommended the paleo diet by my nutritionist and I do plan on reading up on that more to see what it’s about.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I am too lazy to wake up early since I have to be in work at 7:30. But I might need to make it a habit. Do you work out at home in the mornings or do you make a quick trip to the gym? What exercises do you do during your workouts and how long?

I won’t lie, I love to eat and every time I attempt a diet.. I have a tough time following through on them. But overall I need more self discipline and willpower. My job loves to feed us and is always serving food no matter what... so it’s very tempting for me. I was recommended the paleo diet by my nutritionist and I do plan on reading up on that more to see what it’s about.
:francis: - you called out the issues, so it's either do or don't

i go to the gym, but i don't get to work until 9/9:30 lol. 7:30 is super early to be at work tho, so AM workouts might be a lot to ask, but maybe if you do a video program at home it'll be easier. but that makes me think you're probably off by 4/4:30 in which case you gotta push past the "too tired" excuse.

also, based on the bolded stuff, you'd be better just counting calories or doing something like weight watchers, i don't think you'd stick to a paleo diet (no grains, dairy, sugar, beans, [white] potatoes).

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

You haven't reached the I feel like shyt point yet..:mjgrin:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Yes I have.. that’s how I feel now. Lol. But I’m not stressing over it. I just have to do better.

Your supposed to stress tho...

I can feel the nonchalant attitude thru the text...:russ:

The fukk it I'm gonna pig out today attitude that turns into the I feel fat feeling the next day is gonna keep you going in the circle of unproductivity..

I'm gonna throw this out there...

Your gonna have alot of mishaps when it comes to finding your groove..

Nothing happens overnight..

But when you start doing a lil something, it then turns into more because you wanna do whatever it takes to change..

Get you some headphones and the workout moves quickly...

Just start doing shyt around the gym until you find a routine

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Your supposed to stress tho...

I can feel the nonchalant attitude thru the text...:russ:

The fukk it I'm gonna pig out today attitude that turns into the I feel fat feeling the next day is gonna keep you going in the circle of unproductivity..

I'm gonna throw this out there...

Your gonna have alot of mishaps when it comes to finding your groove..

Nothing happens overnight..

But when you start doing a lil something, it then turns into more because you wanna do whatever it takes to change..

Get you some headphones and the workout moves quickly...

Just start doing shyt around the gym until you find a routine
I’m not totally obese... but I am like 30-40 pounds over weight. I actually just got from the gym an hour ago.. so I’m trying get things going again. If I’m coming off “nonchalant” then that’s not what it really is. I care a lot about my health, but I’m not going to fall into a deeper depression because I’ve been there recently and done that. I’m not going to continue to feel sorry for myself, I just need to do what it takes to get back down to where I was some years ago.

I do appreciate y’alls advice though.. I’ll get my groove back soon. I’ll even try to update you all on my progress as well. ;)

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I’m not totally obese... but I am like 30-40 pounds over weight. I actually just got from the gym an hour ago.. so I’m trying get things going again. If I’m coming off “nonchalant” then that’s not what it really is. I care a lot about my health, but I’m not going to fall into a deeper depression because I’ve been there recently and done that. I’m not going to continue to feel sorry for myself, I just need to do what it takes to get back down to where I was some years ago.

I do appreciate y’alls advice though.. I’ll get my groove back soon. I’ll even try to update you all on my progress as well. ;)
ummm just stay consistent and drink lots of water for now...