Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Oh, and all you gym cheapskates

Stop saying $40-50 is expensive :ufdup: it ain't $10-20 cheap but it's not $135 expensive

\shyt i pay for 2 memberships...my regular gym is 65 a month; the boxing gym i go to every now and then to keep my hands sharp is an 800 dollar punchcard membership

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Im building up my double overhand deads now. Used my lower back issue as an opportunity to switch to double overhand since I had to lower the weight anyway
I did the same but I’ve been using Versa Grips for a while. Tried to pull a warm up sets and it plain hurt. I’ll be doing that going forward to get my Grip right.

I did pull a few mixed Grip and could do more weight so I don’t feel as bad.

semtex

:)
Daps
Thinking of scrapping my hypertrophy Days and just focusing on cardio and strength. That was the original plan anyway. The hypertrophy days are taking a lot out of me

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
What would be the outline?

Thinking of scrapping my hypertrophy Days and just focusing on cardio and strength. That was the original plan anyway. The hypertrophy days are taking a lot out of me

If I'm looking to drop weight but keep a good frame so I'm not "skinnyfat" when the lbs come off, should I look to lift "heavy" with maily compund exercises?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
If I'm looking to drop weight but keep a good frame so I'm not "skinnyfat" when the lbs come off, should I look to lift "heavy" with maily compund exercises?
Generally speaking yes but if you don’t already have muscle mass then it’s another matter. Not saying you don’t.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Whatever you did in the gym to get where you're at, keep doing it. Body comp changes are going to come in the kitchen and through whatever cardio you choose, not how you lift. Only changes to how you lift should be to account for changes in recovery. Last year I dropped about 15-20... only change to my routine was dropping heavy compounds. With the deficit trying to squat/deadlift heavy was too taxing. I actually made gains on all my other lifts over that cut and came back skrawng as hell on my heavy compounds when I started up again :yeshrug:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Whatever you did in the gym to get where you're at, keep doing it. Body comp changes are going to come in the kitchen and through whatever cardio you choose, not how you lift. Only changes to how you lift should be to account for changes in recovery. Last year I dropped about 15-20... only change to my routine was dropping heavy compounds. With the deficit trying to squat/deadlift heavy was too taxing. I actually made gains on all my other lifts over that cut and came back skrawng as hell on my heavy compounds when I started up again :yeshrug:

Thanks for the advice.

This is the thing for me as well. Deadlifts and Squats on a calorie deficit leave me yawning at work the next day. I still plan on doing them as they help keep an "athletic frame" even while dropping pounds.

I already have a pretty "strong frame" and good build. Also, I put on muscle quite quickly, so what I need to do is cut down a lot of my top layer/visible fat.

I'll still keep lifting heavy, putting work in the kitchen and playing soccer. I'll reevaluate in the next 20 lbs.