Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
wow, never in my life did i think $50/month for a gym was expensive. these independent bootcamp/small group training/specialized facilities all usually cost $99-200/month which i still feel is reasonable for the more structured programs and attention you receive

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
wow, never in my life did i think $50/month for a gym was expensive. these independent bootcamp/small group training/specialized facilities all usually cost $99-200/month which i still feel is reasonable for the more structured programs and attention you receive
:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: Bay Area inflation got you on one....

Even out of HS my first gym was 29.99 / month with a signup fee as well. :wtf:

I've paid at the highest 35 / month at LA fitness....
But then i cut that out, when I moved to an area where LA fitness sucked....

But the lowest I've paid is $10 / month for a very basic gym.....

I like the gym and all, but I'm all about putting the least amount of time, energy and resources(money) into looking good.

If I paid 135/month I'd have to work out at least 3 times a week to justify it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: Bay Area inflation got you on one....

Even out of HS my first gym was 29.99 / month with a signup fee as well. :wtf:

I've paid at the highest 35 / month at LA fitness....
But then i cut that out, when I moved to an area where LA fitness sucked....

But the lowest I've paid is $10 / month for a very basic gym.....

I like the gym and all, but I'm all about putting the least amount of time, energy and resources(money) into looking good.

If I paid 135/month I'd have to work out at least 3 times a week to justify it.
I'm at the gym 5-6 days a week in spring-early fall, and 6-7 in late fall-winter, so to me it's worth it.

And 24 hour fitness is such a middle of the road to craptastic gym, yet it cost $30-50/month for most people (usually for multiple location access), that's where my mark is set. Even in philly and DC i paid $35-40/month for my gyms. I don't see that as expensive, yea there is $10 planet fitness but they don't offer shyt but equipment, like i said to dude, if all you want is access to equipment, cool. I use equipment and go to classes, and if it were a cleaner gym, i'd like to use the sauna, showers, and pool...so yea, i'm looking for more than just weights and cardio machines.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

To the average person that's only been to big box gyms I see why they could think that. The place I go works on pretty much every level for me so I don't even think about the cost.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm at the gym 5-6 days a week in spring-early fall, and 6-7 in late fall-winter, so to me it's worth it.

And 24 hour fitness is such a middle of the road to craptastic gym, yet it cost $30-50/month for most people (usually for multiple location access), that's where my mark is set. Even in philly and DC i paid $35-40/month for my gyms. I don't see that as expensive, yea there is $10 planet fitness but they don't offer shyt but equipment, like i said to dude, if all you want is access to equipment, cool. I use equipment and go to classes, and if it were a cleaner gym, i'd like to use the sauna, showers, and pool...so yea, i'm looking for more than just weights and cardio machines.

I hear ya, i noticed a lot of privately owned gym don't have that 24 hour / la fitness fukkery.....

I wont even step into the locker room because it's unclean / theres usually some homoerotic shyt going on.

Surprisingly one of the cheapest gyms i attended, was the most upkept . Like their restrooms were legit clean and there were no creepy pedofile looking dudes lingering in the locker room.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I hope they offering free molly and handjobs for those prices. :picard:

For one, hell yeah.

I pay $25 to use the university rec center and $20 for a local chain.

The rec center is larger and has more amenities, but the chain is open 24 hours and I get access to any location (about 7 in the city, but I've only been to 3 so far).

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I hope they offering free molly and handjobs for those prices. :picard:

For one, hell yeah.

I pay $25 to use the university rec center and $20 for a local chain.

The rec center is larger and has more amenities, but the chain is open 24 hours and I get access to any location (about 7 in the city, but I've only been to 3 so far).
:gucci:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
There are a couple gyms in my area. One is high price. It has a swimming pool in addition to weights, cardio machines, fitness classes. I go to an inexpensive gym, but its clean. I just do weights and cardio so they have everything I need. I don't see the point in spending an additional $90 a month just to use a pool when I don't swim.

Side note, I was doing some rehab in the aerobics classroom area. Class was not in session. Anyway, there's a black dude and his white girlfriend. He was helping her stretch her hamstring, but in a kind of a pseudo-erotic way. Seemed like he was about to stretch out some other stuff too when they got home or something. :dame:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I miss my MD Anderson gym :mjcry:

Let me see what this equinox shyt hitting for. This shyt better

BRAND SPANKING NEW EQUIPMENT
HAVE THE BADDEST HOES
AND BE 24/7 SKIP:shannon:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just looked that shyt up..........:childplease: fukk a Equinox

I need to get me a bike for the crib for real. Last one came broke from Jcpenny bytch asses :pacspit: