Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Equinox is straight fraud. $135.00 is just for show.

My gym (Gold's Gym) is $35 and with my corporate rebate I get it for $15. It's a 2 min walk from work and a new Gold's gym is being built 10 mins from my house.

:ehh:

It's straight efficient.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Equinox is straight fraud. $135.00 is just for show.

My gym (Gold's Gym) is $35 and with my corporate rebate I get it for $15. It's a 2 min walk from work and a new Gold's gym is being built 10 mins from my house.

It's straight efficient.
Ehh, it's debatable. Yea weights are weights a treadmill is a treadmill, but with equinox you're paying for a higher level of service, better kept facilities and equipment, the classes tend to have better instructors than average chain gyms, they also tend to have more variety in classes and better amenities, and truthfully a more selective clientele. :mjpls: So yea, you're paying for a lot of shyt that may have nothing to do with your workout, but people trick off $150 on eating out at lunch or grabbing coffee daily, and other bullshyt each month, can't be mad that some people prefer to spend that on a nice gym. :manny:

That's like trying to convince someone to stay at motel 6 vs. the westin simply because they both give you a bed and shower...that's all you need. Nah

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ehh, it's debatable. Yea weights are weights a treadmill is a treadmill, but with equinox you're paying for a higher level of service, better kept facilities and equipment, the classes tend to have better instructors than average chain gyms, they also tend to have more variety in classes and better amenities, and truthfully a more selective clientele. :mjpls: So yea, you're paying for a lot of shyt that may have nothing to do with your workout, but people trick off $150 on eating out at lunch or grabbing coffee daily, and other bullshyt each month, can't be mad that some people prefer to spend that on a nice gym. :manny:

That's like trying to convince someone to stay at motel 6 vs. the westin simply because they both give you a bed and shower...that's all you need. Nah

I get where you're coming from. I've toured an Equinox in Bethesda (DC Area) and I was impressed. If you like a gym for the "extras" (classes, spa, towels, clientele) then I can see how it makes sense. The clientele one is probably the biggest part.
But if you're like me, who just wants a good work out, then doesn't really make sense.

I do feel you on the spending $135 on BS every month. If you're a fitness person then that's just what you choose to spend your money on.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Damn I been coming across Equinox a lot in the last few days :mjlol:

1. Hollywood Unlocked talking about the shyt (LA brehs yall be eating good with all the celebs out there working out)
2. Looking up PT jobs and Equinox looking like the place to be.
3. My LA homie about to sign up and workout there

I actually was thinking about visiting the Bethesda location :ehh: but I'm a simple dude, I don't get off from the luxury service, I like my gyms dirty and hardcore. Especially since I work out at 5am. I'm there to handle business and get out.

But I'd definitely work at Equinox.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I get where you're coming from. I've toured an Equinox in Bethesda (DC Area) and I was impressed. If you like a gym for the "extras" (classes, spa, towels, clientele) then I can see how it makes sense. The clientele one is probably the biggest part.
But if you're like me, who just wants a good work out, then doesn't really make sense.

I do feel you on the spending $135 on BS every month. If you're a fitness person then that's just what you choose to spend your money on.

Yep

For example I work out early AM. A good locker room, towels etc are worth the extra spend.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Yep

For example I work out early AM. A good locker room, towels etc are worth the extra spend.

This.

That's the one thing missing from my Gold's gym. The locker room and showers are quite small.

The locker room also isn't well designed so the heat from the sauna near by mixed with the sweat from people's workout plus the bathroom makes for a very unpleasant visit.

One of the reasons I couldn't really get into the pre-work gym thing.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Louisiana Family Fitness

Gym has pools, basketball courts, tennis courts, tanning machines, racketball room, cycling classes, saunas for men and women, a fukking babbysitting area. Cardio rooms, weightlifting rooms, bar and grill area, locker rooms, lil events if you want, to compete with other peoples lifts, qualified massage therapist, all i can think of right now. All that for 34 bucks a month, and its 17 out of each pay check, not the upfront 34, not that it matters, but if youre hurting cash wise it helps i guess.

Edit: You have to pay extra for the babysitting/messages; but eh..whatever

Last edited: