Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah do it, better safe than sorry, id also be focused on stretching more.

Consider this, the range of motion for deadlifting is similar to a squat. So practice doing air squats to make sure your form is correct. Bad form is usually a precursor to injury.
I would even say doing some squats prior to dead lifting wouldn't be bad. A nice manageable weight for 5-8 reps, with a deep depth. It gets the range of motion warm and helps fire the CNS

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Right now I'm more on the low rep, high weight side. 6 reps of 285 for 4 sets.

I may drop it down to 250 and work on my strenghth and form a tad more (though people have said it's good).

Good looks on the exercise advice. Might shoot for Good Mornings and hyperextensions to tighten th back muscles.
my trainer has been having me do DL's on cables lately and i can say that it definitely helps focus on form and i feel my ass and hams on fire (as they should be) without the dull lower back pain that usually would creep in by the end of the week. the only thing about DL's with the cables is making sure your hips/pelvis continue to drive the movement and not let your arms start pulling/doing the work - but again, that's why this method has really checked my form.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
my trainer has been having me do DL's on cables lately and i can say that it definitely helps focus on form and i feel my ass and hams on fire (as they should be) without the dull lower back pain that usually would creep in by the end of the week. the only thing about DL's with the cables is making sure your hips/pelvis continue to drive the movement and not let your arms start pulling/doing the work - but again, that's why this method has really checked my form.

DLs with bands?

Please post some info, I've never head about this.

The bolded is what happens to me as well. I may really really just check my form out.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I do 308lbs for 5x5 and that mobility/stretching aspect is really not to be underestimated. I do mobility/stretching every day and its great for your performance in the gym. On the other hand I immediately notice when I skip it for a while. Just experienced this last week, had been skacking on it for a couple weeks and my lower back was on some :flabbynsick: shyt after my workout. Been totally back on my stretching/mobility routine the last few days and its back to normal/non flabby :pachaha:
So do mobility/stretching breh if you aint already doing it, regularly :ufdup:

What are some good stretches for the full body? I may incorporate stretches to my leg and ab day routine.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I have a inflamed bicep tendon that came from my daughter sleeping on my shoulder throughout the night, late November. (All I knew at the time is that it was uncomfortable in certain directions)

I never let it heal properly and still did pushups, planks nshyt while hoping the pain went away. Finally got it checked and they said physically therapy or stay off of it.

It's killed my whole vibe. I don't even like doing carido cause I can't lift. I was 212 and getting it. Ain't no telling what we're looking at now

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i def feel my cardio improving from this new workout plan...esp after what i put away this past weekend..my running is slowly getting back to the levels of when i was also doing boxing training..next week it will be time to up the cardio some more...might be time to break in the speed jump rope once again (if i dont tweak my knees again)