Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I haven't been lifting heavy lately, been doing a lot of pushups, pullups and weighted dips. I think I might transition from weight lifting to strictly body weight training, boxers and male gymnasts have the most functional strength and they don't touch weights.

how do you feel about dips vs benching :dwillhuh:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
how do you feel about dips vs benching :dwillhuh:

I feel my chest is developed enough that I don't really need to bench heavy anymore, pushups and weighted dips should be enough to keep it where it's at. Plus, I keep going back to athletes like boxers and gymnasts, they are in great shape without needing a barbell in their lives.

I think I can save money and time to be honest, my gym membership is a bytch.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I feel my chest is developed enough that I don't really need to bench heavy anymore, pushups and weighted dips should be enough to keep it where it's at. Plus, I keep going back to athletes like boxers and gymnasts, they are in great shape without needing a barbell in their lives.

I think I can save money and time to be honest, my gym membership is a bytch.

im tending to agree

but for me, my chest is developing much faster since implementing dips(and weighted) :noah:

my bench is going up but im starting to feel its unnecessary compared to having a strong dip

semtex

:)
Daps
im tending to agree

but for me, my chest is developing much faster since implementing dips(and weighted) :noah:

my bench is going up but im starting to feel its unnecessary compared to having a strong dip
all mike tyson did was dips and pushups for those muscle groups :yeshrug:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
im tending to agree

The Olympics really opened my eyes (no Ocean), tI started wondering why I'm benching when those gymnasts don't even touch weights yet they're brolic as shyt. I know they're shorter than me, but I see dudes come out of prison looking like monsters and they also have no weights, just dips, inverted rows, pushups, pullups and muscleups.

The only thing I'd use the gym for are squats, and I'm thinking of getting the IronMind hip belt and some 45s and just doing that instead.

semtex

:)
Daps
The Olympics really opened my eyes (no Ocean), tI started wondering why I'm benching when those gymnasts don't even touch weights yet they're brolic as shyt. I know they're shorter than me, but I see dudes come out of prison looking like monsters and they also have no weights, just dips, inverted rows, pushups, pullups and muscleups.

The only thing I'd use the gym for are squats, and I'm thinking of getting the IronMind hip belt and some 45s and just doing that instead.
for people with a more solid base a non-weighted routine is cool :obama: people can miss me with that muscle loss talk :rudy:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ

:leon:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I haven't been lifting heavy lately, been doing a lot of pushups, pullups and weighted dips. I think I might transition from weight lifting to strictly body weight training, boxers and male gymnasts have the most functional strength and they don't touch weights.

for real...as ive been doing this calisthenics workout from my personal trainer...i feel alot stronger without my usual aches and pains from yesteryears with the heavy lifting....prolly starting new years im doing to start a transition into more bodyweight/compound type of workout...seeing how far i can really take it

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

i use a cloth belt and already strap weight to myself :lolbron:

mad uncomfortable but its still working :bryan:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Trying to get extra lifting in, went with 5 x 5 a little modified today:

20 mins on stair climber
Deads 5 x 5
Overhead Press 5 x 5
Squats 5 x 5
Pull Ups 12, 10, 8
Plank: 1 min to a 15 second rest x 3
Bosu Burpees 20 x 3

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps

We got a heavy bag in my basement today, and my roomate took boxing for a bit, so he's teaching me basic stuff.

R.I.P My dainty assed wrists. I Kinda like that shyt......