Random Gym Observations....List the Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw a guy doing weight dips on the assisted dip machine (can't think of what else to call it) today :lupe:

Also saw a guy doing squats and if he got 3 inches of depth on that lift he got 30 :lupe:
LOL
I use the assisted dips machine. I'm not that strong yet.
But I go all the way down on my dips.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
LOL
I use the assisted dips machine. I'm not that strong yet.
But I go all the way down on my dips.

That was a new one, people use the machine all the time but I have never seen that :many:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was a new one, people use the machine all the time but I have never seen that :many:
Yeah most people just use the regular dips.
The assisted dips machine typically has bars for people to do assisted pull ups too.

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
The Good-
1. All the women in see through leggings and tube tops who smile and flirt when i check them out
2. Outlifting the steroid abusers with the inflatable muscles w/ no definition

The Bad-
1. The meatheads who hang out all day at the gym, only do 3 exercises in the time it takes me to complete a whole circuit
2. The a$$holes who try to monopolize 3 different machines at the same damn time - ex - dude is bench pressing, i go to do lat pulldowns. he comes up like
:leostare:I'm still using that machine
3. The whores in the see-through leggings and tube tops who look offended when you check them out
4. The borderline homosexuals who stare at you while you lift
5. The scrawny / flabbynsick dudes with the unprovoked advice like "You should try it like this" GTFO my face

The Ugly-
1. The only black girls at the gym are:flabbynsick:
2. Sometimes the body odor is strong as chemical weapons:scusthov:
3. Naked old white dudes tryna have a conversation with me in the locker room:huhldup:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Good-
1. All the women in see through leggings and tube tops who smile and flirt when i check them out
2. Outlifting the steroid abusers with the inflatable muscles w/ no definition

The Bad-
1. The meatheads who hang out all day at the gym, only do 3 exercises in the time it takes me to complete a whole circuit
2. The @ssholes who try to monopolize 3 different machines at the same damn time - ex - dude is bench pressing, i go to do lat pulldowns. he comes up like
:leostare:I'm still using that machine

3. The whores in the see-through leggings and tube tops who look offended when you check them out
4. The borderline homosexuals who stare at you while you lift
5. The scrawny / flabbynsick dudes with the unprovoked advice like "You should try it like this" GTFO my face

The Ugly-
1. The only black girls at the gym are:flabbynsick:
2. Sometimes the body odor is strong as chemical weapons:scusthov:
3. Naked old white dudes tryna have a conversation with me in the locker room:huhldup:

What the hell?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I accept that the locker room can be a bit smelly, even though the guys who run the gym are pretty good about having someone come in and clean and spray every half hour or so. Or even if you're smelly on the treadmill, sweating like Patrick Ewing in the 4th quarter.

But smelling while out in the gym by the machines, that's a bit much.

Oye

Random
Daps
Pet Peeves:

-Dudes who slam down dumbbells.

I'm far from strong, but I do 95's for reps for DB Bench, and I can set them down on the ground without making the entire gym vibrate. There's no need for you to throw down a 60 after DB rows or some 30's after seated Curls and make the ground tremble. Shyt infuriates the hell out of me.

The heaviest I use for chest are 155's and it's impossible not to slam them to the ground when I'm done. The last time I tried to set them down slowly I ended up with a deep bruise on my thigh and almost broke the bone.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The heaviest I use for chest are 155's and it's impossible not to slam them to the ground when I'm done. The last time I tried to set them down slowly I ended up with a deep bruise on my thigh and almost broke the bone.
155 pound dumbbells for bench press is heavy.
And probably most guys in the gym aren't even pushing up 95s.

I agree that slamming them on the ground is irritating.

Oye

Random
Daps
155 pound dumbbells for bench press is heavy.
And probably most guys in the gym aren't even pushing up 95s.

I agree that slamming them on the ground is irritating.

I can bring 90s-125s down with control but anything past that is too heavy and not worth the risk so I just drop them :yeshrug:

LastKING_BLU

last king killing ****
Daps
Reppin
westside
The ex-football player nikkas coming in the gym and jumping right into the bench press and do 315+ for struggle reps and try to act like it's a big deal. :wow:

The bytches with the revealing clothes doing crossfit exercises, headstand push-up, etc. This one chick has been showing her ass for like 4 months and I finally gave her eye contact. She came over and started a convo with me. :ehh:

The scrubs staring at me when I'm doing 50% of my max weight and focusing on FORM and contraction. They usually get next to me and mimic my exercise with the weight I'm doing or a little more. Makes them feel good to out-do a dude bigger than them. I play along and ask for a spot. :troll: Then I bump the weight up and watch them go :sadcam:.

The super brolic dudes...they are the only ones I trust when going all out on bench and squat. Thank God for them....my security blanket. :whew:

:whoa: why do you have to be dissin football players breh :patrice:

:troll: some are a$$holes

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I can bring 90s-125s down with control but anything past that is too heavy and not worth the risk so I just drop them :yeshrug:

More nikkas aren't even doing 80s. The largest at my current gym are 100s and I drop them bytches when I have no spotter..doing that 11th or 12th rep I gives no fukks. :yeshrug:

Oye

Random
Daps
More nikkas aren't even doing 80s. The largest at my current gym are 100s and I drop them bytches when I have no spotter..doing that 11th or 12th rep I gives no fukks. :yeshrug:

Mine has 200s not that I've ever seen anyone use them for anything other than rows and shrugs.

150s

IMAG0332_zpse3685faf.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the dumbbells at my gym go up to 90?
I'm not up to that yet. Not as strong as you guys. I hit about 9 solid reps of 70lbs last week.
But I've got narrow shoulders and long arms, and I have always struggled to develop a big chest. Plus I grew up playing baseball and it just wasn't a focus area for me.
Not to make excuses, just explaining.
:to:
Back in my teen years, the gym I went to was run by a local bodybuilder. That gym had them go up to like 150 or so.