Random Gym Observations....List the Good, The Bad & The Ugly

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:lolbron:
Pet Peeves:

-Dudes who slam down dumbbells.

I'm far from strong, but I do 95's for reps for DB Bench, and I can set them down on the ground without making the entire gym vibrate. There's no need for you to throw down a 60 after DB rows or some 30's after seated Curls and make the ground tremble. Shyt infuriates the hell out of me.

-the narcissitic fukks who stare at themselves in the mirror in between sets. I like to glance in the mirror every now and then, especially when you got that pump goin, but when you're staring at yourself non-stop, and lifting up your shirt, feelin on your chest etc... you're doin too much faq.

-Invisible Lat Syndrome

-People who don't re-rack their weights or wipe down machines.

I try to go to the gym when it's empty because I feel like throwing DB's at people's heads when I see any of the above.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Sick of seeing grown ass men jumping around like Mario, callin it Cardio.....

Also FFS one more time, please. You are wearing a BELT on curl day to protect your SPINE from what? The gravity of the Earth? :mindblown:

Brehs notice the internet is like The Matrix for some lifters...these people can add 50Lbs to their bench when they enter....the internet :pachaha:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Word, or dieting. Makes me wonder what people were thinking when the saw me push the same weight for months :pachaha:

He is a trainer so you know that mindset. Of course what you and @Spliff move weight wise is different from the guy doing bicep curls with 20s for 4 straight months.

In some ways I see his point but like I said as I learn more I realize you can't judge a persons work out based on a snap shot of a few sets you see one a given day. Until you both said something I didn't even think about people working out to maintain.

I'm saying I'm:

I'm at a perfect equilibrium.

But then again it's little more complex than that. The only way to truly judge a person is on a case by analysis. Some people are really enthusiastic about working out and and staying fit, but have certain limitations, due to prior injuries or chronic pain. Someone who you're randomly judging maybe going through more pain than @ocmfII . Not saying there aren't the typical noob, numbskulls and people ridiculous form out there, who come month in and month out, who deserve the ( :what: ) look for the majority of their lifts, but I try to keep an open mind.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm saying I'm:

But then again it's little more complex than that. The only way to truly judge a person is on a case by analysis. Some people are really enthusiastic about working out and and staying fit, but have certain limitations, due to prior injuries or chronic pain. Someone who you're randomly judging maybe going through more pain than @ocmfII . Not saying there aren't the typical noob, numbskulls and people ridiculous form out there, who come month in and month out, who deserve the ( :what: ) look for the majority of their lifts, but I try to keep an open mind.

@ocmfII Can out lift me with a janky shoulder :sadcam:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
@ocmfII Can out lift me with a janky shoulder :sadcam:
idk breh, shyt feels wack as fukk. i have to go for another MRI which i'm dreading like crazy. the pain keeps getting worse even without lifting. i did a quick 4 mile run last night on the treadmill and it's actually sore just from the motion of my arm moving back and forth. the doctor swears it's not serious enough for surgery but i'd almost rather have it done now instead of trying this rehab and finding out 3 months later i need it.

tumblr_lpj5847Z3L1qhccbb.gif

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
yall got that guy who hogs up all the 45 plates for his bench squat and your around the section of the gym looking for some and you see his ass with like 4 45
s on each side and his form is utter shyt, I'll get so mad too, this dude has like 600lbs worth of weight on the squat rack just to move like 2 inches, then racks it up, then hes looking for more.......... sorry, that gets me heated

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are some beautiful women at my gym.

I don't really start conversations there. Maybe 1 or 2 words if it's someone I recognize.
I will say that some people can do impressive things at my gym. Men and women pushing up impressive weight or doing impressive routines.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
The ex-football player nikkas coming in the gym and jumping right into the bench press and do 315+ for struggle reps and try to act like it's a big deal. :wow:

The bytches with the revealing clothes doing crossfit exercises, headstand push-up, etc. This one chick has been showing her ass for like 4 months and I finally gave her eye contact. She came over and started a convo with me. :ehh:

The scrubs staring at me when I'm doing 50% of my max weight and focusing on FORM and contraction. They usually get next to me and mimic my exercise with the weight I'm doing or a little more. Makes them feel good to out-do a dude bigger than them. I play along and ask for a spot. :troll: Then I bump the weight up and watch them go :sadcam:.

The super brolic dudes...they are the only ones I trust when going all out on bench and squat. Thank God for them....my security blanket. :whew:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The ex-football player nikkas coming in the gym and jumping right into the bench press and do 315+ for struggle reps and try to act like it's a big deal. :wow:

The bytches with the revealing clothes doing crossfit exercises, headstand push-up, etc. This one chick has been showing her ass for like 4 months and I finally gave her eye contact. She came over and started a convo with me. :ehh:

The scrubs staring at me when I'm doing 50% of my max weight and focusing on FORM and contraction. They usually get next to me and mimic my exercise with the weight I'm doing or a little more. Makes them feel good to out-do a dude bigger than them. I play along and ask for a spot. :troll: Then I bump the weight up and watch them go :sadcam:.

The super brolic dudes...they are the only ones I trust when going all out on bench and squat. Thank God for them....my security blanket. :whew:
LOL @ the football players

There are these two guys at my gym...skinny ...probably basketball players. I think they're Puerto Rican.
There's only 1 squat rack at this gym and these dipshyts dominate it. For like a half hour at least.
And the thing is, they throw on like two 45s on each side...maybe a bit more...do like 1/4th the motion of the squat, and think they're getting big.

The shyt that pissed me off was that I was at the gym one Friday a few months back...and I was gonna do squats that day but decided to skip it because I didn't want to wait and I had plans. Whatever.
Then I show up on Monday...these two motherfukkers are back at the squat rack again.

:mindblown:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I'm saying I'm:

Damn this song I love it. Forgot about it. :salute:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Oh probably a major pet peeve is just the females trying to gain attention with their clothing choices. Ridiculous and distracting.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
LOL @ the football players

There are these two guys at my gym...skinny ...probably basketball players. I think they're Puerto Rican.
There's only 1 squat rack at this gym and these dipshyts dominate it. For like a half hour at least.
And the thing is, they throw on like two 45s on each side...maybe a bit more...do like 1/4th the motion of the squat, and think they're getting big.

The shyt that pissed me off was that I was at the gym one Friday a few months back...and I was gonna do squats that day but decided to skip it because I didn't want to wait and I had plans. Whatever.
Then I show up on Monday...these two motherfukkers are back at the squat rack again.

:mindblown:
:patrice: right right....

But I wonder how people feel they see me workout...

Because I dominate the squat rack, use lots of weight, but I go ATG with my squats....

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Because I dominate the squat rack, use lots of weight, but I go ATG with my squats....
I'm not really as mad at them for using the rack. It's a gym. Sometimes you gotta wait for people. I'm good with that.

What bothers me is that I've been seeing these guys at the gym since May and they're still bony as hell AND always on the squat rack.
Cmon man.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

All they should do is salute that

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Saw a guy doing weight dips on the assisted dip machine (can't think of what else to call it) today :lupe:

Also saw a guy doing squats and if he got 3 inches of depth on that lift he got 30 :lupe:

Last edited: