moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps
My wife brother moved to Hawaii he lived there eight years after going their on vacation he is a glass glazer working in construction he just moved backed to the to the 48 states because he is making more money...he is in the trade union he loved it out there.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I lived In Hawaii for 4 years and the hate is all true. They hate white people and especially hate the Japanese.

I really can't blame them considering the natives are very poor and stay in the poor areas while white people and asians own most of their shyt.

White people tested nukes on islands, they taught us that in school. A lot of justified hostility among the natives.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
All true matson has the island by the balls same with the electric company until solar finally came but even still they hold a monopoly

The rail system was the biggest fail and waste of money and the should've thought about the infrastructure earlier when they saw the rise in population
Also regarding the homeless...

A lot of them ain't really homeless :mjgrin: like they'll even keep it 100 with you, if you could be homeless anywhere in the country - why not be homeless in hawaii?

I used to just meet a lot of homeless ppl. From chilling out on northshore, to hooping in town, etc. There's the people who ARE fukked up, mental illness out here is fukking wild and depressing. There's the Micronesians who were plainly fukked by America in all ways. There's the former military which is just sad to see as well. There's good old fashioned homeless that you'd see everywhere.

And then you got the people who live in tents with fukking cell phones and generators and take their kids to school on the way to work and live just fine for the most part :gucci: I gave this one lady 5 dollars - the next week I saw her at the post office, shipping something nice to fukking Nevada. People that just live on the beach because fukk it why not. Then they get sick and go to the ER and cram up the public healthcare systems like jackasses.

But yeah, the Solar company is a fukking hustle :whoo: on of my friends from school had a hookup out there. Dude worked maybe 4 hours a day but was pulling stupid checks.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I feel like I know Hawaii decently well - I've been there twice and some of my closest friends in college were from there. I did a paper on the cultural views of race in Hawaii for graduate school too. There is definitely racism there - some anti-White racism, some anti-Black racism, some tensions between Japanese and Chinese and Filipino people, etc. And some of the Hawaiian-ancestry people bitter at anyone. My Japanese friend said her mother once told her she'd disown her if she dated a half-Black guy (she did anyway :jawalrus:).

But that being said, Hawaii is straight the least racist place I've ever been. More racial acceptance and harmony than anywhere on the West Coast, probably anywhere in the USA, and I'd say the best and most acceptable place to be mixed-race in the entire world.

White people just get in their feelings about it because there's nowhere else in the USA that they actually want to be where they don't feel like they in control. They get shocked as hell to see what it feels like to experience what every non-White person experiences everywhere else in this great nation.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
they dont like blacks or japenese there either. lets cool it on the hawaiian praise
It really ain't even that general.

They don't like pompous military pricks (and if you're black and in Hawaii, odds are you're military so you have that stereotype to dodge more than any of the pure racial BS they see on TV). They don't like certain japanese investors - its disingenuous to say that they don't like all japanese because there's the families that were directly put in camps by the US military during WWII and they're seen as solid contributors to the community now.

Even when it comes to white people, they ain't even busting ass on-sight like that. Its really about as neutral as you can get in America.... which is just madness for white americans.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It really ain't even that general.

They don't like pompous military pricks (and if you're black and in Hawaii, odds are you're military so you have that stereotype to dodge more than any of the pure racial BS they see on TV). They don't like certain japanese investors - its disingenuous to say that they don't like all japanese because there's the families that were directly put in camps by the US military during WWII and they're seen as solid contributors to the community now.

Even when it comes to white people, they ain't even busting ass on-sight like that. Its really about as neutral as you can get in America.... which is just madness for white americans.
fair enough

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Hawaiians also dont like black people

That's crazy how black people have significantly different experiences there. Tariq Nasheed has been going there since the Macklesson days and said a big reason was the lack of direct racism. He said he felt free and wrote his books there. Maybe different islands have different attitudes?