Rachel Nichols removed from NBA Finals sidelines, replaced by Malika Andrews

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yea Nichols got that “I ain’t goin NOWHERE” triumphant white lady look on her face.

She sounded enthusiastic as hell during that intro.

Honestly, I don't see how they can do a story on those Silver play-in comments when he essentially ripped shyt about ESPN and Taylor during that same conference interview as well.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised that Wilbon hasn't tried to get Maria and Rachel in the same room yet
Wilbon: Maria, I would really like to get you and Rachel in a room, I think it would be great for you two to just hash it out, I'd mediate.:jbhmm:

Maria::usure:

Wilbon::francis:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'm surprised that Wilbon hasn't tried to get Maria and Rachel in the same room yet

Wilbon: Maria, I would really like to get you and Rachel in a room, I think it would be great for you two to just hash it out, I'd mediate.:jbhmm:

Maria::usure:

Wilbon::francis:

I think it was @Ethnic Vagina Finder who mentioned this and he wasn't entirely wrong about it eventhough people got mad about this point. Some higher up at ESPN should have forced both talents into a room together and hashed that shyt out. There's no way they should have let the "let's keep them separate" excuse work when they're essentially covering the same sport. That's why it looks bad on ESPN and Pitaro as they let that shyt go on unresolved for year without coming to some sort of actual solution to the problem and instead let it fester until the entire story leaked out.

I'm wondering now did Silver have any word about the situation and what transpired. He sounded like he had no clue yesterday with his comments, but that could totally be PR talk to cover his own ass of not stepping in to resolve the problem earlier when he found out.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Maria doesn't owe her any time and I'm sure Wilbon understands that.

Nahhhh that's not how it works in the corporate world or even a job in general. You can't two employees working that closely together under the same sport beefing with each other like that.

One should have been moved from NBA coverage.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Some of the reactions to Chris' post game interview with Malika is exactly why Silver gotta be fuming over this drama dropping right before the Finals.

Now we got people trynna create a firestorm for a non-issue.

Chris even smirked. :gucci::dead:

Part of it is on him though as he's allowed ESPN to talk shyt about the product for years without stepping in. There's no way that Goodell would go for the shyt that ESPN does with the NBA when it comes to the NFL.

We legit saw them screw over ESPN for years when it came to MNF games all because of the comments of one employee and that was in spite of them paying more for the rights than anyone else.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Some of the reactions to Chris' post game interview with Malika is exactly why Silver gotta be fuming over this drama dropping right before the Finals.

Now we got people trynna create a firestorm for a non-issue.

Chris even smirked. :gucci::dead:
I guarantee most of the people trying to start some stuff don't even watch sports.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

Go to 1:08

People making a big deal out of nothing. Star player trying not to bring attention to an injury, he even smirked at the end.

if people are really getting mad about that...then folks really are sensitive and have no ability to pick up sarcasm whatsoever

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was @Ethnic Vagina Finder who mentioned this and he wasn't entirely wrong about it eventhough people got mad about this point. Some higher up at ESPN should have forced both talents into a room together and hashed that shyt out. There's no way they should have let the "let's keep them separate" excuse work when they're essentially covering the same sport. That's why it looks bad on ESPN and Pitaro as they let that shyt go on unresolved for year without coming to some sort of actual solution to the problem and instead let it fester until the entire story leaked out.

I'm wondering now did Silver have any word about the situation and what transpired. He sounded like he had no clue yesterday with his comments, but that could totally be PR talk to cover his own ass of not stepping in to resolve the problem earlier when he found out.

Quote the man who's been wrong about everything:mjlol:

You don't want tension remove the individual who created it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Quote the man who's been wrong about everything:mjlol:

You don't want tension remove the individual who created it.

Nichols was not going to get fired nor get removed from NBA coverage and you'd be lying if you thought otherwise. Removing Taylor from NBA coverage would have been viewed as a demotion and pissed people off even more. Therefore, the head people in charge should have tried engaging in conflict resolution instead of following the mantra of "lets keep them separated" which was obviously not going to work.

Even now, Nichols and Taylor are not going to be able to exist under the ESPN NBA umbrella, so one has to go and it's likely not going to be Nichols. Hell, even Silver basically took up for Nichols and blamed ESPN for not actually solving the situation, so that tells you that she isn't going anywhere.

So either Taylor has to leave (ESPN) or she's not gonna have to be the one to leave NBA coverage, which will make matters even worse than they are now.

btd623

All Star
Daps
Nichols was not going to get fired nor get removed from NBA coverage and you'd be lying if you thought otherwise. Removing Taylor from NBA coverage would have been viewed as a demotion and pissed people off even more. Therefore, the head people in charge should have tried engaging in conflict resolution instead of following the mantra of "lets keep them separated" which was obviously not going to work.

Even now, Nichols and Taylor are not going to be able to exist under the ESPN NBA umbrella, so one has to go and it's likely not going to be Nichols. Hell, even Silver basically took up for Nichols and blamed ESPN for not actually solving the situation, so that tells you that she isn't going anywhere.

So either Taylor has to leave (ESPN) or she's not gonna have to be the one to leave NBA coverage, which will make matters even worse than they are now.

Adam Silver is a jew, Rachel NIchols is a jew...of course he would take up for her.