bbking.jpg

Parkin, Arkansas

Headcase

The Angry Young Man
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I posted this in the thread in the Booth as well:

Went to see B.B. King in 2006 in Fayetteville NC with my dad and my brother. We were in the third row. It was an absolutely life changing experience. Dude's been one of my heroes ever since. I still have the tour poster on my wall.

R.I.P. to the King of the Blues.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're confusing two different things, yes Luda was born in Chicago just like Kanye was born in Atlanta. But that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about the history of Mississippi and the fact that no one outside of David Banner really claims Mississippi and how it contributes to what Mississippi has been reduced to from a public perception standpoint. Memphis is the largest importer of entertainers from Mississippi (B.B. King, Elvis Presley, Sam Cooke, Bo Diddley, Willie Mitchell). More specifically ALL of the main blues pioneers that got their start in Memphis where from Mississippi which is important to know when it comes to tracking the early origins of blues music.

But you said no one is really from Memphis. When people like Isaac Hayes, Bobby Blue Bland, Rufus Thomas, and Booker T. & the M.G.'s actually grew up in Memphis.