Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I Dont Really Watch T.V. Like That. The Only Thing I Watch Really Is Spo, Cartoons, Games Of Thrones, And Spartacus When That shyt Was On. When The Cartoon static Shock Was On I Supported It. When The Wire Was On I Supported It. If There Was A Black Games Of Thrones Like Show Or Black Spartacus Type Of Show I Would Support It. Problem Is I Have Nerd Interest And Black Media Dont Support It. I Dont Watch Ratchet shyt So Shows Like Love And Hip Hop And House Wife Of God Knows What Will Never Get My Support. When UPN Used To Have All Those Black Shows Back In The Day I Use To Support Them But Now Its CW And Plays White Birl Teen Drama Bullshyt I Dont Watch It No More. Back In The Days We Had Actual Quality Shows Like Fresh Prince Or Martin Or My Wife And Kids Or The Bernie Mac Show But Now What Do We Really Have Breh?
Good point my dude. We do need better shows on T.V. but I just don't know if they'd get the support these days to have longevity. It takes more than the black community supporting them for it to be a success. I think My Wife and Kids was a great sitcom and got cancelled to soon. It is funnier than most sitcoms out now and back then. Damon Wayans came correct.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Top 10 best selling novels in African American Literature.

519Q5M52T4L._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

1. The perfect Marriage
41l%2BulgnLiL._SL160_SL150_.jpg

2. The Good Lord Bird

51VV7FDwvJL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

3. Side Chic 4 (Forever Ratchet) :dead:

51TO%2BNoK-pL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

4. Loyalty & Respect 4(Really, they got 3 other books like this?)

51iciTCcKGL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

5. The Real Block Wives Of Atlanta

51Gk62rndXL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

6. Their Eyes Were Watching God

51ygfSgw7tL._SL160_SL150_.jpg

7. The Family Business 2 (Series)

51vRHG%2BLkhL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

8. Black girls and Bad boys: Changing his tune.

51mqMV7XKWL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

9. Burned by Passion (BWWM Interracial Romance)

51952JcJZNL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_SL150_.jpg

10. Loyalty & Respect 1 ~ An Urban Novella

It's all trashy nikka sh*t. Like I said, we ain't at that level yet where we can venture out into some deep thought provoking culturally rich sh*t. Black literature is very niche :flabbynsick:. Our media in general is not doing a good job at stimulating our brains, just what's in our pants.
:dead: 6th grade reading level ass nikkas

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Taraji Henson and Tyresse characters were way too stereotypical... Hate any form of black entertainment that portrays black men as lazy and don't like to work, use women, etc.

and it airs on BET pretty much every day since it dropped

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I'm still incredibly surprised at the not thinking black people don't really think and write as good as whites sentiment from your posts. Those books
aren't really indicative of anything. They're the like the black equivalent of 50 shades of Grey. That book sells too so that must mean that all white literature is like that and that whites aren't at that level yet.
Good looks on this post.I see what the brother was trying to say, but he was a bit of the mark. There are a multitude of black authors out there putting out good. Just like food, music and cinema, you gotta go and find the quality product.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I see a 200 page thread about Big Brother when that show is full of cacs and like 1 black person. We support white movies, music and tv shows but the love isn't mutual. I can guarantee that if Big Brother had an all black cast with one white person, the thread would be almost a ghost town. Someone find me a majority white messageboard where there is a 20 page thread about love and hip hop or the family hustle. Why do we try so hard to accept white culture when it isn't reciprocated? Just an honest question, no diss to anyone.

I try to support as many QUALITY black movies or sources of entertainment as possible. I made it a point to make Fruitvale Station the first movie I saw after I got back from Afghanistan instead of The Wolverine or Pacific Rim (which I was looking forward too) and took my wife to see it. Also I pretty much say fukk all forms of reality television, the only season of Big Brother I ever watched was the first season and I've NEVER seen an episode of c00ns & Hip Hop or that real househoes garbage.

Also you can't really equate everything you see here on an Internet forum to the real world. A lot of posters on here are trolls or not in actuality who they portray themselves to be. I've suspected for quite some time now that most posters in this site are CACS thing to live out some sort of black fantasy life....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Wire is universally loved by whites

Because it lays toward black stereotypes of being killers and drug dealers. White people ain't got no problem watching movies that only add to black stereotypes or listen to music that does. However, you won't see them fund movies that break the mold. Any movie that puts black people in a positive light ain't getting funded. And if it does ain't no cacs gon watch it. Movies like Redtails as George Lucas explained.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see a 200 page thread about Big Brother when that show is full of cacs and like 1 black person. We support white movies, music and tv shows but the love isn't mutual. I can guarantee that if Big Brother had an all black cast with one white person, the thread would be almost a ghost town. Someone find me a majority white messageboard where there is a 20 page thread about love and hip hop or the family hustle. Why do we try so hard to accept white culture when it isn't reciprocated? Just an honest question, no diss to anyone.
Low self esteem. They want to be part of the popular crowd.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
I dont support black or white shows. I support good shows. If its good and entertaining I'll watch it regardless of race. Also you're wrong by suggesting white people don't support black entertainment. Go to any major black musician's gig and tell me which race is out there. Who do you think made lebron and jordan rich?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it lays toward black stereotypes of being killers and drug dealers. White people ain't got no problem watching movies that only add to black stereotypes or listen to music that does. However, you won't see them fund movies that break the mold. Any movie that puts black people in a positive light ain't getting funded. And if it does ain't no cacs gon watch it. Movies like Redtails as George Lucas explained.
The Wire also had black people as trying to stop the problems in Baltimore, people that got out the game and was trying to do better for themselves and the community.

Also had white people as crime bosses, corrupt cops and politicians.

And didn't Redtails have a pilot going after a white woman?

Family Man

Banned
Daps
You can look to this thread for a good illustration of when some black people will constantly lose. You nikkas self esteem is truly fukked. Are nikkas really trying to say that black folks aren't smart enough to create intelligent entertainment? I hope you stupid muthaphuckas don't procreate.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Nothing pissing me off on this forum more than nikkas who try to inform you on stuff you already know. :snoop:

Nothing you've said changes the fact that most black shows are garbage.

Nah nikka you don't know anything at all. You're the kind of the nikka who needs to keep quiet and eat your food at the table while grown folks are talking because you are out here talking breezy about things you clearly know nothing at all but pretend you do.

You see I actually know black writers personally who don't fit this B.S you are saying so I'm hoping you better back up your dumb claims.

Right so you made a claim that black people are not MAKING good shows. You claimed 95% of black made shows and things we put out are garbage. 95% is a big ass number. Can you answer these question ole Mr big numbers.

.1. How many black graduates do you know who studied film studies, production, literature and creative writing this year ?

2. Now seen as you are the spokesperson for all that black people are making shows and film how many of them were garbage ? You watch ALL black made shows right and see ALL black film talent so people tell me more ? How did you find time to watch what EVERY black person had made this year alone ? Or do you just watch the few on on your TV and start shyt talking online.

You claim you ain't watched youtube series at all so how can your big mouth talk about shyt you've never even watched ? How is that possible?

But really though let's talk about this '95% of black made shows are garbage' and how you managed to watch ALL black made shows.

Let's sit and talk about how your dumb ass did that Einstein.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this thread just seems like biitching because a show u love got canceled and you wanna scream racism