Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
nikkas actin like we aint support The Wire, Dave Chappelle Show, Everybody Hates Chris, Martin and all that

selective ass memories

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
nikkas actin like we aint support The Wire, Dave Chappelle Show, Everybody Hates Chris, Martin and all that

selective ass memories
Question my nikka, why you so quick to not give a fukk about white privilege or racism? I know you may be winning in life and not experienced wht you think is racism but you stay tryna minimize it.

bright black

All Star
Daps
teena marie is the only white musician i listen to regularly...most of the books i own are written by black people...we are trained..programmed and conditioned to like certain things...essentially white is the only option you have when it is time to pick a movie or tv show...the game is rigged...white people do provide some great entertainment but that is the exception not the rule...

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I feel you breh. Why do you think blacks in America need to come together with other minority groups? We have the capacity and the resources to solve our problems on our own. We just lack the self-esteem to do it.

Bruh are you talking about television or something else lol.

I'm talking about the television and movie industry. And true we have resources to do it. However "I" believe the issue with a lot of things is this problem they/we have interacting/building with OTHER POC, to advance each others agenda. Now Worldwide this isn't an issue, because as you have stated, Asians have Asia, Mexicans have Mexico, Blacks have Africa ETC.. but IN AMERICA, its completely different, because we are ALL Minorities within America. You have Asians here that don't speak ANY Asian, Mexicans that don't speak Spanish etc..but we all speak English.

If a million man consisting of just Blacks is scary in America.

What would a Million POC rally be?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
If Hollywood does do a movie on other races, they ALWAYS have to tie it back to them by having a white hero. Keanu Reeves as the half White/half Asian savior. Why couldn't they just get a full Asian to play the part :stopitslime:

last_samurai_ver3.jpg

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
No offence breh but you point is actually incorrect.

Maybe a week ago you could have said all of that. THE BIGGEST black supported, funded and created Youtube Series Awkward Black Girl JUST got picked up by HBO.

So yes they do have support that otherwise a network like HBO wouldn't have picked them up. Let's hope this is a point in the right direction and other networks start following suit.

Unwritten Rules is another black made and black supported Youtube series which is in talks with networks. Before the internet and social media no-one wanted to hear these people or give them a chance but finally networks are listening to them and giving them a chance.

Now your point about what the average black viewer actually likes to watch ,that wasn't what I was talking about. I was responding to the point of the 'black people don't make good shyt'. The black writers are making good shyt.

Why black people like 'ratchet' things is a completely different topic maybe we will make another thread for that.

I just went and looked up the show. People really producing high quality TV shows on Youtube now? :ohhh:

That's wassup for real. I hope more black writers/producers/directors take that avenue, assuming they have the money to do that.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people aren't interested in black entertainment.

The Butler is #1 at the box office.

:dwillhuh:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just went and looked up the show. People really producing high quality TV shows on Youtube now? :ohhh:

You haven't heard of Video Game High School? That show has better production values than most TV shows.

Or is that "white entertainment," even though it was created by two Asians?

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power

That's wassup for real. I hope more black writers/producers/directors take that avenue, assuming they have the money to do that.

Yes breh, impressive ain't it. That show used to be low quality before but Black people donated, supported and promoted that girl BIG TIME. We did that breh and sponsored it for a few years and look at it now, a lot of our people have the talent to make shows like that, but it's just the lack of funding breh and the internet gave them a good platform.

Imagine if more talented black writers/producers/directors get that sort of funding to make shows of that quality, imagine the potential :ohhh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Shows aren't usually catered to minorities.

But I think Blacks and other minorities need to COME TOGETHER, in America. If you complaining about the lack of Black programming or support for Black programming, I'm sure Arabs and Asians can do the same.

Maybe the answer is we all kick in together, support each other, and secure more financing to tell our stories to one another.

Bullshyt, I don't believe in that type of stuff especially considering how anti-black these other "people of color" are. It's sickening. Then they wanna join in with whitey and appropriate our culture and spew some racist ass shyt. We lack funding, we don't lack the support. If you're not catering to the white man, there's a fat chance your shyt's gonna be put on. shyt's hard as hell if you're tryna tell your story especially if it's in cinema. You gotta pitch your shyt to studios that'll tell you to come back and make the focal point a white person. Unless we start making our own studios, distribution companies, etc. then nothing's gonna change. We need to hold positions of power so we can control our image in cinema, television, and other platforms of media and art.