Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
White folks support Hip Hop, you think 75 million black folks bought 2pac albums? :mjpls:

Ever look in the crowd at a Hip Hop concert? :mjpls:

You think a million black people bought Fif and Weezy's album first week? :comeon:

A lot of black programing is trash, you really wanted cacs to support a movie like Baby Boy? :scusthov:

However I don't mind them supporting a show like "my wife and kids" [When they was still making new episodes for it]

Why do you have to bring Baby Boy into this
:ufdup:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
well Blacks are far more used to white culture than white folks are used to our culture by far

Family Man

Banned
Daps
My father got a published book and he's just a regular dude. I just don't think our storytelling is quite at that level yet. A lot of black people really don't know their history, so they can't right some shyt like that. You can GRR Martin knows his shyt.
White people don't watch shyt that has to do with black people. They aren't interested if it's not about them.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
White people don't watch shyt that has to do with black people. They aren't interested if it's not about them.
Didn't want to even step foot in this thread again because of the vast number of Toms and c00ns but this is a great point my brother. And there have been some great points made in here from both angels. I think a reason why there aren't many black shows on besides a few, is not because they would suck. That is a terrible mentality to have and pisses me off to here people say shyt like that. The real reason is because white people don't support it and the execs know that. Everybody throws up the same 3 or 4 black sitcoms which had some longevity but do you nikkas realize that was over the last 20 years. It reminds me of the I can't be racist I have a black friend shyt people say.

Somebody brought up scandal, well it has like 1 black person on the entire show and she is subservient to a white man. Of course white people will support that. And you have a select few whites who enjoy rap and I will give you that. But there is a reason Eminem can put out a terrible album and sell 5 million records in 2013 and Nas or Jayz can put out a masterpiece and will barely go platinum

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Did a nikka really just bring up George RR Martin ole racist ass? That nikka's shyt isn't even creative. Every person of color on that show is some type of servant and slave, and one of the main story lines involves a hella white ass broad with entitlement issues wanting to take back the throne that her brother (who she wasn't even old enough to know) basically threw away because he was infatuated with another nikka's wife and kidnapped her. :usure:

In the season finale Daenerys started crowd surfing on a bunch of brown people and they called her "mother" on some Jesus white savior shyt.

There are black stories out there, the problem is, white run media won't fund you or you put you on unless you're bending over back wards for the man. :yeshrug:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
:what: now I know you white

the hell does being dark skin have to do with anything....you think that shyt gives you some extra powers nikka :stopitslime:

only a cac would make such a comment.......the realest nikkas ever were light skin.....Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, etc......while almost every big time c00n is dark skin......see Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson

:dead: @ me being a Cac because I'm proud of being darkskin nikka

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because i watch tv to be entertained
could give less of a fukk how many blacks on a show if its good...i'll watch
if its bad, no matter how many blacks on it...it wont be watched

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
I don't watch any of these current TV shows outside of Anime, Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show pro wrestling, MMA, Football, Basketball, Baseball etc. I've never watched an episode of Game of Thorns and I never will, I've never watched Big Bang Theory and I never will. I did watch The Game a few times and it was okay, I might watch it if i'm bored. I'll sit down and watch marathon of the Wire.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
As long as we keep supporting the wrong type of shows ( basketball wives etc ) or these wack Tyler perry movies you won't see anything else from us. Anybody remember the Blade series I think use to come on fox? where was the backing on that?

Also, Its funny how some of yall like to throw the word "c00n" around because somebody disagree with you. So if I'm understanding this correctly we as black people should be close-minded. Don't some of yall idiots see you make us look stupid by throwing that word around. You are essentially saying we are all sleep. If you don't think like me, you're a c00n.

Also like obarth said, you guys can't make up your mind. One minute its white people are ruining our stuff by supporting it, next it's they aren't supporting us. Why are "white" people on yall mind so much? whose the real c00n

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Did a nikka really just bring up George RR Martin ole racist ass? That nikka's shyt isn't even creative. Every person of color on that show is some type of servant and slave, and one of the main story lines involves a hella white ass broad with entitlement issues wanting to take back the throne that her brother (who she wasn't even old enough to know) basically threw away because he was infatuated with another nikka's wife and kidnapped her. :usure:

In the season finale Daenerys started crowd surfing on a bunch of brown people and they called her "mother" on some Jesus white savior shyt.

There are black stories out there, the problem is, white run media won't fund you or you put you on unless you're bending over back wards for the man. :yeshrug:

Just so we're clear, none of the slaves in that final were "black". But yeah, it seems like every person of color in GOT is a servant. Still some of the best shyt I've ever read. :yeshrug:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
As long as we keep supporting the wrong type of shows ( basketball wives etc ) or these wack Tyler perry movies you won't see anything else from us. Anybody remember the Blade series I think use to come on fox? where was the backing on that?

Also, Its funny how some of yall like to throw the word "c00n" around because somebody disagree with you. So if I'm understanding this correctly we as black people should be close-minded. Don't some of yall idiots see you make us look stupid by throwing that word around. You are essentially saying we are all sleep. If you don't think like me, you're a c00n.

Also like obarth said, you guys can't make up your mind. One minute its white people are ruining our stuff by supporting it, next it's they aren't supporting us. Why are "white" people on yall mind so much? whose the real c00n

Prepared to be called a Cac, breh.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I can't even be bothered to break this down to you, you seem slow.

The big budget shows you see on TV are those picked up by the station. A white owned media with a white audience of course will put the majority of their money and big budget in white shows. This is common sense. You're asking why there isn't a black *insert show white show here* and the answer is only what is picked up gets shown on major channels.

Why do you think there is this new crop of black Youtube web series NOT about baby mama's?! All the black web series usually have a more stimulating content why is that? Arent they 'black made' ? They will rarely ever be picked up by major channels.

There are manyyyyy young black writers making shows, plays, series for us not about negative shyt and dumb hood rat content but their work doesn't get pass Youtube. The only shows which white people DO buy are the few which high light negative stereotypes. These shows are NOT a representation of what black people are really making.

So just because that's what you see doesn't mean black people aren't making more engaging shows. They are. Networks just aren't interested in them.

SMH

bruh you kinda killed your own point.

at the end of the day entertainment is a BUSINESS. governed by supply and demand. Black white asian or whatever if someone sees an opportunity to make money, they'll snatch a series/writer etc. that's kinda the beauty of capitalism.

look at the bolded. they aren't picked up because they don't have the support. Do most (if any) of those series average a few million views per episode? I don't even know what series you're referring to and I'd bet money they don't come close.

But regardless if a white or black person greenlit it, black folks still tune in every week for that love & hiphop and ratchetball wives bullshyt. and they got the tyler perry -esque black family sitcoms for the older black folks. a black game of thrones doesn't have a market (yet). It would be a risk for any network exec even BET. Much riskier than a ratchet reality show. We discuss game of thrones as black folk on this site, but how many real life neighborhood nikkas you know watching that? we would rather watch reruns of Martin.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Just so we're clear, none of the slaves in that final were "black". But yeah, it seems like every person of color in GOT is a servant. Still some of the best shyt I've ever read. :yeshrug:

Right, it was shot in Morocco, so outside of two mixed folks they were mostly Moroccans. The fact that the people she was freeing from slavery were all brown speaks volumes.