Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as we keep supporting the wrong type of shows ( basketball wives etc ) or these wack Tyler perry movies you won't see anything else from us. Anybody remember the Blade series I think use to come on fox? where was the backing on that?

Also, Its funny how some of yall like to throw the word "c00n" around because somebody disagree with you. So if I'm understanding this correctly we as black people should be close-minded. Don't some of yall idiots see you make us look stupid by throwing that word around. You are essentially saying we are all sleep. If you don't think like me, you're a c00n.

Also like obarth said, you guys can't make up your mind. One minute its white people are ruining our stuff by supporting it, next it's they aren't supporting us. Why are "white" people on yall mind so much? whose the real c00n

Real shyt, it's confirmation bias and turns a lot discussions on race into a hate minded circle jerk. I don't participate in these shytstorms often but I see any response regardless of how logical it is get dismissed as "shut the fukk up cac" for white users and "c00n/tom" for black ones

cmon guys

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
But regardless if a white or black person greenlit it, black folks still tune in every week for that love & hiphop and ratchetball wives bullshyt. and they got the tyler perry -esque black family sitcoms for the older black folks. a black game of thrones doesn't have a market (yet). It would be a risk for any network exec even BET. Much riskier than a ratchet reality show. We discuss game of thrones as black folk on this site, but how many real life neighborhood nikkas you know watching that? we would rather watch reruns of Martin.

Breh, everyone once in a while we do get something out of the norm( Blade Series, Spawn ...etc ) what happens? They don't get any support while the ratchet shows get tons of views. If you are a TV exec and you want to keep your job, you continue to give the people what they want.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
As long as we keep supporting the wrong type of shows ( basketball wives etc ) or these wack Tyler perry movies you won't see anything else from us. Anybody remember the Blade series I think use to come on fox? where was the backing on that?

Also, Its funny how some of yall like to throw the word "c00n" around because somebody disagree with you. So if I'm understanding this correctly we as black people should be close-minded. Don't some of yall idiots see you make us look stupid by throwing that word around. You are essentially saying we are all sleep. If you don't think like me, you're a c00n.

Also like obarth said, you guys can't make up your mind. One minute its white people are ruining our stuff by supporting it, next it's they aren't supporting us. Why are "white" people on yall mind so much? whose the real c00n
If you say shyt like "black people aren't better at putting together good shows and will never be better" Yes you are a fukking c00n. I will never call someone some shyt like that for simply disagreeing with me but if you say obvious tom shyt like that then it is what it is.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Is it true that sometimes folks get called c00n simply for disagreeing? Absolutely

Is it true that sometimes those people ARE really in fact c00ns? You damn skippy

But I wanna say this. There's a reason why some folks are called c00ns and it's not JUST because they disagreed.

Some of the things I read in here were very questionable and sad.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
You know I just thought of something, The movie "Alex Cross" with Tyler Perry being the star in the movie, How well did that movie do compared to his films? Did the same crowd that goes to see his movies go and support this one?

Last edited:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Is it true that sometimes folks get called c00n simply for disagreeing? Absolutely

Is it true that sometimes those people ARE really in fact c00ns? You damn skippy

But I wanna say this. There's a reason why some folks are called c00ns and it's not JUST because they disagreed.

Yeah and the same nikkas try to run and jump on the bankwagon of the people with great viewpoints and act like they are on the same team. Naw, Data Hawk made great points, some other dudes in here were on some straight jesse lee peterson shyt.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

I still stand by the fact that there's no quality black shows on TV today. I was a huge fan of predominantly black tv shows in the 90s, the first thing I'm going to do when I get my own place is hang a "Martin" poster on one of my walls, but I refuse to watch bad entertainment just cuz its produced by blacks. It seems like anyone who disagrees with T/S is being called a Tom or c00n in here

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
This is some real shyt and its actually beginning to bother me

for example I'm a huge comic fan I buy comics which are mainly Caucasian characters the few black/minority led books that come out eventually get cancelled every single time now look at the news that just came out yesterday

Black-Focused Mighty Avengers #1 Heavily Underordered By Comic Retailers? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

shyt like this eventually gets to someones head like I support your shyt why can't u support ours

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
White folks support Hip Hop, you think 75 million black folks bought 2pac albums? :mjpls:

Ever look in the crowd at a Hip Hop concert? :mjpls:

You think a million black people bought Fif and Weezy's album first week? :comeon:

A lot of black programing is trash, you really wanted cacs to support a movie like Baby Boy? :scusthov:

However I don't mind them supporting a show like "my wife and kids" [When they was still making new episodes for it]

Baby Boy is your go to bad black movie?

It's not like white people just ignore every form of black media and entertainment out there, obviously the success of Eddie Murphy, Chappelle's Show, Kevin Hart, even the tyler perry movies.. prove that white people watch black entertainment. It's just for the most part gotta be something we can relate to. Now me, I grew up around black people so I always enjoyed all types of black entertainment. But someone who grew up in the burbs who had one black kid in their whole school that probably looked and acted just like them aren't going to watch anything like Love and Hip Hop. There's certainly plenty of white people that do watch that show, I know a couple of em my self.. but they're aren't the type of person to post on a message board about the show either

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I still stand by the fact that there's no quality black shows on TV today. I was a huge fan of predominantly black tv shows in the 90s, the first thing I'm going to do when I get my own place is hang a "Martin" poster on one of my walls, but I refuse to watch bad entertainment just cuz its produced by blacks. It seems like anyone who disagrees with T/S is being called a Tom or c00n in here

Naw saying there aren't any good black shows wouldn't make anyone a c00n.

But saying shyt like we rarely think outside the box when it comes to shows/books or whatever is BULLshyt.

It's not that we rarely think outside the box, it's that we RARELY get funded for our outside the box creations.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Cause it's good :ld: some shyt like a black "Game of thrones" would get axed. Not because it ain't good, just they not gonna get the support.

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

for example I'm a huge comic fan I buy comics which are mainly Caucasian characters the few black/minority led books that come out eventually get cancelled every single time now look at the news that just came out yesterday

Black-Focused Mighty Avengers #1 Heavily Underordered By Comic Retailers? - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

shyt like this eventually gets to someones head like I support your shyt why can't u support ours

Yep. The whole nerd/geek culture is like that.... videogames, sci-fi, comics... they don't just ignore it, bro. They bytch passionately about it and then go out of their way to protest it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/16-best-racist-facebook-comments-about-black-s - Remember that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...efer-movies-cast-similar-race-says-study.html

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I Dont Really Watch T.V. Like That. The Only Thing I Watch Really Is Spo, Cartoons, Games Of Thrones, And Spartacus When That shyt Was On. When The Cartoon static Shock Was On I Supported It. When The Wire Was On I Supported It. If There Was A Black Games Of Thrones Like Show Or Black Spartacus Type Of Show I Would Support It. Problem Is I Have Nerd Interest And Black Media Dont Support It. I Dont Watch Ratchet shyt So Shows Like Love And Hip Hop And House Wife Of God Knows What Will Never Get My Support. When UPN Used To Have All Those Black Shows Back In The Day I Use To Support Them But Now Its CW And Plays White Birl Teen Drama Bullshyt I Dont Watch It No More. Back In The Days We Had Actual Quality Shows Like Fresh Prince Or Martin Or My Wife And Kids Or The Bernie Mac Show But Now What Do We Really Have Breh?