Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Good TV is good TV regardless of what colour of skin is making it, shyt like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Homeland etc is good TV, shyt like the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Top Boy, The Wire, Luther, My wife and kids etc is good TV.

Jazzy doesn't have time for boring ass trash Tyler Perry type productions or shyt like The Real Housewives of Atlanta or Basketball players wives , that's what we call crap TV and that's all nikkas like Tyler Perry produce instead of doing something that's unique, interesting and most importantly entertaining, when nikkas start making shyt that either rivals Breaking Bad, Homeland, Soprano's, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, etc or entertains me i'll watch it, but I wont watch blatant and uninspired trash.

Daps
You can look to this thread for a good illustration of when some black people will constantly lose. You nikkas self esteem is truly fukked. Are nikkas really trying to say that black folks aren't smart enough to create intelligent entertainment? I hope you stupid muthaphuckas don't procreate.

I never read threads like this :snoop: what a mistake. Never again...never again.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
bruh you kinda killed your own point.

at the end of the day entertainment is a BUSINESS. governed by supply and demand. Black white asian or whatever if someone sees an opportunity to make money, they'll snatch a series/writer etc. that's kinda the beauty of capitalism.

look at the bolded. they aren't picked up because they don't have the support. Do most (if any) of those series average a few million views per episode? I don't even know what series you're referring to and I'd bet money they don't come close.

But regardless if a white or black person greenlit it, black folks still tune in every week for that love & hiphop and ratchetball wives bullshyt. and they got the tyler perry -esque black family sitcoms for the older black folks. a black game of thrones doesn't have a market (yet). It would be a risk for any network exec even BET. Much riskier than a ratchet reality show. We discuss game of thrones as black folk on this site, but how many real life neighborhood nikkas you know watching that? we would rather watch reruns of Martin.

No offence breh but you point is actually incorrect.

Maybe a week ago you could have said all of that. THE BIGGEST black supported, funded and created Youtube Series Awkward Black Girl JUST got picked up by HBO.

So yes they do have support that otherwise a network like HBO wouldn't have picked them up. Let's hope this is a point in the right direction and other networks start following suit.

Unwritten Rules is another black made and black supported Youtube series which is in talks with networks. Before the internet and social media no-one wanted to hear these people or give them a chance but finally networks are listening to them and giving them a chance.

Now your point about what the average black viewer actually likes to watch ,that wasn't what I was talking about. I was responding to the point of the 'black people don't make good shyt'. The black writers are making good shyt.

Why black people like 'ratchet' things is a completely different topic maybe we will make another thread for that.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Shows aren't usually catered to minorities.

But I think Blacks and other minorities need to COME TOGETHER, in America. If you complaining about the lack of Black programming or support for Black programming, I'm sure Arabs and Asians can do the same.

Maybe the answer is we all kick in together, support each other, and secure more financing to tell our stories to one another.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I'm still incredibly surprised at the not thinking black people don't really think and write as good as whites sentiment from your posts. Those books
aren't really indicative of anything. They're the like the black equivalent of 50 shades of Grey. That book sells too so that must mean that all white literature is like that and that whites aren't at that level yet.

50 Shades of Grey is full of BSDM and a whole bunch of other sexually deviant sh*t :huhldup: It's cool though because it's about a white girl and a rich white business tyc00n smh. There's no difference between that and the black urban books ole boy was trying to sh*t on.

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Shows aren't usually catered to minorities.

But I think Blacks and other minorities need to COME TOGETHER, in America. If you complaining about the lack of Black programming or support for Black programming, I'm sure Arabs and Asians can do the same.

Maybe the answer is we all kick in together, support each other, and secure more financing to tell our stories to one another.
Blacks don't need to come together with anybody else. Every other "minority" or immigrant group has a mother country or a mother culture to get their representation from. We need to come together and build our own community by ourselves. Everybody else has done it.
Black America is the 9th richest country in the world. A lot of our problems would be solved if nikkas just stop the fukking c00ning, get some self esteem, and stop trying to integrate and intermingle with everybody else.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Blacks don't need to come together with anybody else. Every other "minority" or immigrant group has a mother country or a mother culture to get their representation from. We need to come together and build our own community by ourselves. Everybody else has done it.
Black America is the 9th richest country in the world. A lot of our problems would be solved if nikkas just stop the fukking c00ning, get some self esteem, and stop trying to integrate and intermingle with everybody else.

In AMERICA, no they are not represented equally. And if your going to use that logic, We have Africa.

We aren't talking worldwide we are talking about THIS country. And Other Minorities should come together, combine and work towards influencing television we ALL can enjoy.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
White people don't watch shyt that has to do with black people. They aren't interested if it's not about them.

Yep. America isn't a homogeneous country. Whites are the majority but, the country is a melting pot. The film industry doesn't reflect that. Whites are always the hero. I'm not even focusing entirely on us here but, all the other races. How come Asians, Indians, Arabs, Hispanics or Blacks can't be the hero in a film? Why does it always have to be a white person like they're the only ones in America? When's the last time you saw an Asian lead in a movie....who's not doing Kung Fu?

White people have alot of nerve. They expect everyone to watch their movies but, turn their noses up when the hero is someone who doesn't look like them.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

Are all those the same show? because....

And not to say those joints aren't "good" they still aren't the variety that many people are clamoring for. Which is not the creators of these shows fault, I would imagine the budget for a web show's change dramatically depending on the genre, and limits yourself to what you can do.

Just because the show is black doesn't mean I HAVE to watch it anymore than I HAVE to watch Basketball Hussies or R&B bytches.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
In AMERICA, no they are not represented equally. And if your going to use that logic, We have Africa.

We aren't talking worldwide we are talking about THIS country. And Other Minorities should come together, combine and work towards influencing television we ALL can enjoy.
I feel you breh. Why do you think blacks in America need to come together with other minority groups? We have the capacity and the resources to solve our problems on our own. We just lack the self-esteem to do it.