Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I don't really give a fukk what white people support to be quite frank. I like reading, I like good films, I like good music, I like like good movies, etc. I don't care about the race of who makes it.

As for them embracing our culture, that's really showing the selective memories of some of y'all:mjpls: You nikkas complain about white people "running our trends into the ground" every fukking day. White people are the main consumers of most types of black music...y'all then proceed to blame white people for the decline of black music :dead: Kevin Hart is beloved when Soul Plane is the pinnacle of his career...Kevin Hart becomes embraced by white people and his star sky rockets: "fukk that overrated nikka:pacspit:" Make up your damn minds: do you care what those white devils think and want to be embraced by them or is it "fukk those wet dog smelling cacs:pacspit:"

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I said 95% of entertainment. The majority of the shyt we put out is garbage.

Man I can't even be bothered to break this down to you, you seem slow.

The big budget shows you see on TV are those picked up by the station. A white owned media with a white audience of course will put the majority of their money and big budget in white shows. This is common sense. You're asking why there isn't a black *insert show white show here* and the answer is only what is picked up gets shown on major channels.

Why do you think there is this new crop of black Youtube web series NOT about baby mama's?! All the black web series usually have a more stimulating content why is that? Arent they 'black made' ? They will rarely ever be picked up by major channels.

There are manyyyyy young black writers making shows, plays, series for us not about negative shyt and dumb hood rat content but their work doesn't get pass Youtube. The only shows which white people DO buy are the few which high light negative stereotypes. These shows are NOT a representation of what black people are really making.

So just because that's what you see doesn't mean black people aren't making more engaging shows. They are. Networks just aren't interested in them.

SMH

Last edited:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff: @ the back and forth in here.

I don't really watch shyt on TV except for NBA. Only care about my Knicks. :lawd:

And I watch my Dexter and Breaking Bad on Project TV. That's about it for me as far as TV goes. :yeshrug:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
I don't really give a fukk what white people support to be quite frank. I like reading, I like good films, I like good music, I like like good movies, etc. I don't care about the race of who makes it.

As for them embracing our culture, that's really showing the selective memories of some of y'all:mjpls: You nikkas complain about white people "running our trends into the ground" every fukking day. White people are the main consumers of most types of black music...y'all then proceed to blame white people for the decline of black music :dead: Kevin Hart is beloved when Soul Plane is the pinnacle of his career...Kevin Hart becomes embraced by white people and his star sky rockets: "fukk that overrated nikka:pacspit:" Make up your damn minds: do you care what those white devils think and want to be embraced by them or is it "fukk those wet dog smelling cacs:pacspit:"

'fukk these wet dog smelling Cac's':yeshrug:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

nikka didn't you just make a thread shytting on Good Times? BLACK PEOPLE often aren't even interested in black entertainment.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I see a 200 page thread about Big Brother when that show is full of cacs and like 1 black person. We support white movies, music and tv shows but the love isn't mutual. I can guarantee that if Big Brother had an all black cast with one white person, the thread would be almost a ghost town. Someone find me a majority white messageboard where there is a 20 page thread about love and hip hop or the family hustle. Why do we try so hard to accept white culture when it isn't reciprocated? Just an honest question, no diss to anyone.

Damn, my nikka had to throw big brother in it. For what its worth I stopped watching this season cause the housguests this year were on some other shyt (racist). But there's going to be much recourse awaiting them when they leave (they've all been fired from their jobs, dropped from agencies, lost real estate licenses, and hated by America by and large).

With that said, I dont fukk with alot of what's considered black entertainment and hope to goodness white ppl aint watching that shyt neither. Family Hustle is a dope show from the few episodes Ive seen Id watch. I watch the Game, but other than that what is there. I used to watch and support the hell out of Bernie Mac SHow, My Wife and Kids, Moesha, Girlfriends, One on One, steve harvey show, martin (pretty much all of that shyt that was on upn/wb that stopped during the mid-2000's)....Seriously where is any of this shyt now? Id agree with your thread more if those shows were still today and getting overlooked but that isnt the case

how about this

what are some black shows we should support?

This is what Im saying. I dont know what happened after the mid-2000's but since like '06/'07 (ending of wb/upn) there hasnt been much black tv for me to like

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw actually white people love black entertainment like 2pac and biggie 50 cent and ja rule and all the other shyt that go on in rap look at all these threads. If it wasnt for white people the coli would have like 10 members with 1 page of threads lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a darkskin nikka to my last breath, breh. Don't pull that shyt with me. Get off your black power high-horse breh.

Post me 5 intellectual black shows. :mjpls:

:what: now I know you white

the hell does being dark skin have to do with anything....you think that shyt gives you some extra powers nikka :stopitslime:

only a cac would make such a comment.......the realest nikkas ever were light skin.....Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, etc......while almost every big time c00n is dark skin......see Reverend Jesse Lee Peterson

Last edited:

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
my people love fresh prince, the cosby show, friday, my wife and kids :whew: