Quick question, why are black folks so interested in white entertainment when the love isn't mutual

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I'm still incredibly surprised at the not thinking black people don't really think and write as good as whites sentiment from your posts. Those books
aren't really indicative of anything. They're the like the black equivalent of 50 shades of Grey. That book sells too so that must mean that all white literature is like that and that whites aren't at that level yet.
There's enough white people writing other shyt that it doesn't matter that you have a few 50 shades of grey, for every 50 shades of grey you got Harry potters, Dune, Game of Thrones, hunger games, the list goes on, show me the ignored black equivalents of these kind of books? You won't find them, because most black writers write black shyt in an"urban" context. We don't have that. For the most part, you may have a matrix here or there, but for the most part black writers write what they know and what they know is hood shyt, butlers, slavery, oppression and whores.

Show me these black books people are sleeping on.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
This is some shyt a white person would say. Guess I'm playing the "race card" huh breh. Everything is all peachy cream for black folks
you want ppl to feel how you feel
p86akQE.png

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I'm a darkskin nikka to my last breath, breh. Don't pull that shyt with me. Get off your black power high-horse breh.

Post me 5 intellectual black shows. :mjpls:

You ain't black mafukka. I can say I'm a millionaire on here and fukked Nicki Minaj, that don't mean people will believe it. fukk outta here cac

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
You ain't black mafukka. I can say I'm a millionaire on here and fukked Nicki Minaj, that don't mean people will believe it. fukk outta here cac

:dead:

Breh, I'm black and don't agree with you.. get over it. We represent less than 13% of this country, you need to come to that realization.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
:dead:

Breh, I'm black and don't agree with you.. get over it. We represent less than 13% of this country, you need to come to that realization.
Breh, my daddy is Michael Jordan. I have millions in my bank account and I fukked Beyonce. You gotta believe me because I said it on the coli and coli nikkas don't lie.

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
How many people are up on the hundred thousand kingdoms? by N.K. Jemisin, a black female fantasy author. We need more books like this.

6437061.jpg
''

She created a unique fully fleshed out world full of rich lore, culture and mythology, that takes a certain level of imagination and knowledge of worldly topics that's lacking in a lot of black lit.

hundred_thousand_kingdoms.jpg

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
There's enough white people writing other shyt that it doesn't matter that you have a few 50 shades of grey, for every 50 shades of grey you got Harry potters, Dune, Game of Thrones, hunger games, the list goes on, show me the ignored black equivalents of these kind of books? You won't find them, because most black writers write black shyt in an"urban" context. We don't have that. For the most part, you may have a matrix here or there, but for the most part black writers write what they know and what they know is hood shyt, butlers, slavery, oppression and whores.

Show me these black books people are sleeping on.

51nCukwF47L._SY346_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_.jpg

What if your mom was abducted? What if the people who held her hostage wanted to erase her mind? Seventeen year old XJ Patterson is genetically enhanced. So is her revolutionary mother, Dorothy. CAGE, the Coalition to Assimilate Genetically Enhanced Persons, abducts Dorothy because she crossed the wrong person.

51yWPLYLqlL._SY346_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_.jpg

Saunders' novel fuses the narrative style of fantasy fiction with a pre-colonial, alternate Africa.

4179vBSNhZL._SY346_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_.jpg

Young Nathan Walker performs feats with his mind that normal humans can't fathom, feats that drain his mind and body. His ability is instrumental in keeping his father, an early twentieth century civil rights activist, from harm. Tragedy strikes when Nathan's fear of his own power causes him to turn away from it. In the wake of that tragedy, Nathan focuses his vast and frightening capabilities on revenge. He will not stop until vengeance is his, even if he must sacrifice himself to obtain it.

And you just showed the flaw in your thinking and that self-hate is peaking out. You assume that that's all black people go around thinking about constantly. Or that most black people grew up in an urban context to even think that way. On some hood and baby mama shyt. You're also assuming that blacks are inferior to the great white man cause you haven't sought out and personally read some of the great shyt they have to say and you flat out said it that "we aren't on their level yet". What kind of bullshyt is that? How do you know that some of the writers behind some of the greatest works of what you would consider white entertainment weren't black?

"Oh look, we only write about having a side chick, the white man is looking at us and shaking his head"

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
How many people are up on the hundred thousand kingdoms? by N.K. Jemisin, a black female fantasy author We need more books like this.

6437061.jpg
''

She created a unique world full of rich lore and mythology , that takes a certain level of imagination and knowledge of history that's lacking in a lot of black lit.

images

What the ignorant ass thread starter fails to realize is that 95% of black entertainment(books, movies, tv shows, etc) is the exact opposite of this. We rarely think outside of the box. Instead of game of thrones, we make "I think my man is cheating". Instead of House of Cards, we have stupid reality shows about rachetness..like love and hip hip and basketball wives. How can you get mad at people for not wanting to watch that bullshyt? SMH @ every black tv show coming on VH1, MTV or BET. :snoop:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

What if your mom was abducted? What if the people who held her hostage wanted to erase her mind? Seventeen year old XJ Patterson is genetically enhanced. So is her revolutionary mother, Dorothy. CAGE, the Coalition to Assimilate Genetically Enhanced Persons, abducts Dorothy because she crossed the wrong person.

Saunders' novel fuses the narrative style of fantasy fiction with a pre-colonial, alternate Africa.

Young Nathan Walker performs feats with his mind that normal humans can't fathom, feats that drain his mind and body. His ability is instrumental in keeping his father, an early twentieth century civil rights activist, from harm. Tragedy strikes when Nathan's fear of his own power causes him to turn away from it. In the wake of that tragedy, Nathan focuses his vast and frightening capabilities on revenge. He will not stop until vengeance is his, even if he must sacrifice himself to obtain it.

And you just showed the flaw in your thinking and that self-hate is peaking out. You assume that that's all black people go around thinking about constantly. Or that most black people grew up in an urban context to even think that way. On some hood and baby mama shyt. You're also assuming that blacks are inferior to the great white man cause you haven't sought out and personally read some of the great shyt they have to say and you flat out said it that "we aren't on their level yet". What kind of bullshyt is that? How do you know that some of the writers behind some of the greatest works of what you would consider white entertainment weren't black?

"Oh look, we only write about having a side chick, the white man is looking at us and shaking his head"

I didn't say black people are inferior, I just said black writing wasn't at that level collectively speaking and you know what? I'm right, books like those are by far the minority.
People try to do this thing where they make lb for lb comparisons but it just doesn't work. I didn't deny the existence of black sci-fi and fantasy books, I just said they're few and far between. People go into afrocentric mode, but they ignore what the facts are.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
What the ignorant ass thread starter fails to realize is that 95% of black entertainment(books, movies, tv shows, etc) is the exact opposite of this. We rarely think outside of the box. Instead of game of thrones, we make "I think my man is cheating". Instead of House of Cards, we have stupid reality shows about rachetness..like love and hip hip and basketball wives. How can you get mad at people for not wanting to watch that bullshyt? SMH @ every black tv show coming on VH1, MTV or BET. :snoop:

Breh. You are wrong 95% of black books aren't about baby mama's that's what Brofato was trying to illustrate.

In regards to everything else you wrote SMH are you honestly this slow ?

Seriously ?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Breh. You are wrong 95% of black books aren't about baby mama's that's what Brofato was trying to illustrate.

In regards to everything else you wrote SMH are you honestly this slow ?

Seriously ?

I said 95% of entertainment. The majority of the shyt we put out is garbage.