Essential Quick Lil Gems on Dealing with Women

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Man I’m trying to get one more chance to talk to this chick at my gym. Long story short I was doing seated rows and she was next to me on the side of her own machine doing the same thing. She comes over to my area to workout next to me even though her area was empty and started talking to me. I froze up lowkey :snoop:

I’ll skip what happen the second time but I got to start a proper conversation when I see her today (hopefully).
If you’re afraid of simply talking to her, i hate to break it to you but youre probably not ready or built to be fornicating with women . Because it shows that you must lack confidence and general conversation skills in the first place. She will run you over lol. Gotta start somewhere though, just go up to her and say hello, talk to her the same way you would anyone and ask for her number afterwards, suggesting yall grab a smoothie after the gym or a drink sometime

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Going to look for engagement rings soon. My shorty said she want's Emerald Cut Diamond. (Little does she know it'll be half moissanite) but I digress. She asked me how much I'm going to spend and I said about $3.5k and she saying $4.5 I settled on $4k. Then she ask me how much should the wedding band be? I said Idc how much it cost, I just want a rolex.

I'm ready to have this wedding at freaking Far Rockaway beach at this point.
Lmao rolex style ring or watch?

Good luck breh!

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN

This kind of directly ties to the post you quoted. As women rise in life, they get pickier about who the want to relate with.

It’s all related.
The only problem is they get too picky and end up with nothing in the end.
Relate to that on a few levels.

People communicate through their perception of actions, and not necessarily what is explicitly being said. People often kind of lead with their egos. I

There's no doubt that it's not as easy to actually like someone, sleep with them, spend time together and then NOT go as far as formalized relationship. a lot is just social pressure and reward. Someone will mostly be rewarded for being in a relationship. A woman will mostly be looked as lesser for what I described above. "situationship" or what about just two people who fukking like each other lol

As someone who extends a lot of invites, it takes confidence to do that, and it's always an ego hit on SOME level when you are rejected. But, the key is to not look at it as a rejection of yourself. Not everyone can do that. I feel you, sometimes it's not the person, it's the invite. I'm like that doesn't sound fun to me. Down to hang but not rock climb or whatever. but, when you do that, she feels you are breaking an unspoken agreement, that you owe me.

what roles do (boyfriend/girlfriend) is establish formalities and a framework for how to deal with situations, when you blur the lines, it's harder. it requires really good communication and expectation setting. mutual consideration, respect, here's one I learned: unconditional positive regard. which is basically always viewing the person in the most positive way, even if they let you down. Doesn't mean no boundaries, it's just a framework to view people. Mostly what you experience is people are highly conditional, and have poor conflict resolution skills.
How can one handle a relationship where that is an issue or do you just bush women in those kind of situations? Particularly the poor conflict resolution skills.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

How can one handle a relationship where that is an issue or do you just bush women in those kind of situations? Particularly the poor conflict resolution skills.

There's a lot that goes into conflict resolution style...there's family background, personality, learned behavior. Once you are in your late 20's and 30's, you have to work pretty hard to reverse any really unhealthy traits, and a lot of people don't like doing the work.

For a lot of people it's defensiveness. If they perceive what you say as criticism or worse, an attack, they counter attack. Like this is familiar to everyone: some shyt like that

Hey, when you say things like that, it bothers me

well you say things that bother me all the time. and I never complain! (
see how they move right past their issue and reverse it)

it's really hard to reverse that kind of reaction. Takes therapy for some. Lot of self reflection. For me, there's a bad temper. Beneath all the charm, and graciousness, I go really dark really quick. Violence is usually on the table for me. Like I was the kid who would backhand slap someone in 7th grace math class, for running their mouth, and just watch them fold up. I learned that I could do that. I can be extremely dismissive and condescending. Still takes work to NOT do that.

You have to be open to reasonable criticism. When you are talking to people you care about, but even in business. Everyday shyt. If I had to give like real advice, talk about the issue, and what it's making you both feel. Talk about the exact thing. Not a whole indictment of someone's past or 100 other incidents. Keep it focused. Remember that it's not an attack, and it's not a fight or a battle, you have to win. You just want to resolve it peacefully, like a negotiation, but both parties have to come to the table. You can read a lot of shyt on this subject and it will help. Deescalation instead of escalation.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Poor conflict resolution skills is a non negotiable for me. If a woman is not peaceful or cooperative she’s strictly for fukkin or I’m not bothering with her altogether

You can always tell the first time you have a misunderstanding or miscommunication

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
To me the key factors that dictate one’s conflict resolution style can be scene in the ocean personality framework

Openness to experience
Contentiousness
Agreeableness
Neuroticism

If somebody high in the first three traits and low in the last they’re likely to be good at conflict resolution//avoidance

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Something that isn’t talked about enough is how lazy black women are

They will do everything in the book except simply go to the gym and find every excuse not to. It’s so unattractive

Black men need to stop sanctioning women who are overweight and calling them thick
Remind me of going to a day party and all the sisters were chubby

Smh