Essential Quick gems for dealing with men thread :lolbron:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Don't take relationship advice from men, especially men who are not married.

My friend from back home had a horrendous breakup. She was basically listening to all of our guy friends about how to maintain her relationship which she'd been in since we graduated from college. They of course advised her to cater to him and essentially wait on him hand and foot. They basically told her to audition for the role of wife and he'd eventually propose. Well she did this for 3 years or so off and on and ended up heartbroken because he got another woman pregnant and left her.

Anyway I just got the news that she got engaged tonight to another great guy she'd started dating after finally getting over her bf out of college. But I just remember how long it took her to get over being devastated like that and how that bad advice essentially set her up for it.
Yup. There was a guy giving the cater to him completely advice earlier in the thread who had run through several girlfriends who did that for him. :dead: These dudes just want maids, cooks, and mommies to run through. @mcdivit85 @Juicy

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Yup. There was a guy giving the cater to him completely advice earlier in the thread who had run through several girlfriends who did that for him. :dead: These dudes just want maids, cooks, and mommies to run through. @mcdivit85 @Juicy

So bitter and so alone. :mjcry:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't all the catering that caused him to devalue her? Maybe it was something else? Like maybe she was crazy? Maybe she was pressuring marriage on him too early? Or maybe she was lying to her friend about all this "catering" she was doing and she was actually basic?

What's wrong with a woman treating her man well? :jbhmm:

Peace

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Don't take relationship advice from men, especially men who are not married.

My friend from back home had a horrendous breakup. She was basically listening to all of our guy friends about how to maintain her relationship which she'd been in since we graduated from college. They of course advised her to cater to him and essentially wait on him hand and foot. They basically told her to audition for the role of wife and he'd eventually propose. Well she did this for 3 years or so off and on and ended up heartbroken because he got another woman pregnant and left her.

Anyway I just got the news that she got engaged tonight to another great guy she'd started dating after finally getting over her bf out of college. But I just remember how long it took her to get over being devastated like that and how that bad advice essentially set her up for it.

What's wrong with catering to a man? Maybe if she hadn't done those things then they wouldn't have had a relationship at all :leon:

Peace

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So bitter and so alone. :mjcry:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't all the catering that caused him to devalue her? Maybe it was something else? Like maybe she was crazy? Maybe she was pressuring marriage on him too early? Or maybe she was lying to her friend about all this "catering" she was doing and she was actually basic?

What's wrong with a woman treating her man well? :jbhmm:

Peace
You wish I was bitter and alone don't you darling. Bitter would be cleaning up someone else's trashy home and cooking for them then getting dumped. :dead:

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
You wish I was bitter and alone don't you darling. Bitter would be cleaning up someone else's trashy home and cooking for them then getting dumped. :dead:

What kind of treatment should a man expect from a woman in a girlfriend/boyfriend construct? What is expected from both sides?

Since my experience seems so detestable to you :jbhmm:

Peace

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What kind of treatment should a man expect from a woman in a girlfriend/boyfriend construct? What is expected from both sides?

Since my experience seems so detestable to you :jbhmm:

Peace
He shouldn't expect a maid, cook, mommy, and prostitute service that's for certain. Men shouldn't worry though unfortunately there's always some girl desperate enough for male affection that she will allow herself to be used in that way. :manny:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You really shouldn't cater to anyone besides God and your children.

Catering to a woman or man every needs will more than likely lead to more headache than happy times. After a point that starts to be expected and ignored instead of being pleasant and cherished. It will make a person bitter.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps

Your not catering to your children by not catering to your man, in turn that man should be respectful and look after his family.

Kids watch and learn. Imagine having two parents just out for themselves.

Which begs the question, why create them in the first place if their going to be selfish human beings?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Your not catering to your children by not catering to your man, in turn that man should be respectful and look after his family.

Which begs the question, why create them in the first place if their going to be selfish human beings?
:mindblown: You all come up with never ending bullshyt to keep that live in maid fantasy going.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Pretty much whenever men give women advice, they do not actually consider the woman in question. They give advice purely from the standpoint of a man and how they would want to be treated, even if giving that treatment wantonly leaves the woman ripe for being used. They don't really care, its about coaching women's minds to please them, men. Men who are married and who have made a commitment are much more likely to know what it takes from both sides, although they can be like this too.

What's wrong with catering to a man? Maybe if she hadn't done those things then they wouldn't have had a relationship at all :leon:

Peace

Nothing wrong with it. If you're married. Or if you are getting equal parts of what you give. If you believe she was fine catering to her boyfriend, what do you think she should have expected in return? And I'm not talking platitudes like "respect" and "love" which she obviously gave him in addition to those other things like cooking and cleaning up after him. I mean real tangible things, what should a woman who caters to her man expect to get in return?

I mean she was telling me she was doing all that and still for the most part paying her own bills and covering her own way. She was actually embarrassed by her past actions, especially now that she's engaged and didn't do a tenth of that.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He shouldn't expect a maid, cook, mommy, and prostitute service that's for certain. Men shouldn't worry though unfortunately there's always some girl desperate enough for male affection that she will allow herself to be used in that way. :manny:

Saying a man shouldnt expect a woman to cook and clean and be nurturing is like saying you shouldnt expect a man to protect, be strong and support his family.

I dont understand why people make cooking and cleaning out to be some lowly thing. Its not Janitorial work, its for the family. Just like a man cutting the grass, taking out trash and getting rid of pest isn't a trashman, pest control or lawn service.

I dont think two people in a relationship should fin for themselves, I think they should support each other. I've just come to the realization that no one should try and really cater to anothe human being. Look out for them, respect them and do nice things sure. But catering to there every needs...nahhhh that's a recipe for disaster everytime.

If two people love and respect each other, catering to there needs shouldn't be necessary.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere

Catering to a woman or man every needs will more than likely lead to more headache than happy times. After a point that starts to be expected and ignored instead of being pleasant and cherished. It will make a person bitter.
You just have to make sure you don't lose yourself in the relationship. You can't make another person your whole life or else they'll take your for granted. You still have to take care of yourself and have a backbone.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Saying a man shouldnt expect a woman to cook and clean and be nurturing is like saying you shouldnt expect a man to protect, be strong and support his family.

I dont understand why people make cooking and cleaning out to be some lowly thing. Its not Janitorial work, its for the family. Just like a man cutting the grass, taking out trash and getting rid of pest isn't a trashman, pest control or lawn service.

I dont think two people in a relationship should fin for themselves, I think they should support each other. I've just come to the realization that no one should try and really cater to anothe human being. Look out for them, respect them and do nice things sure. But catering to there every needs...nahhhh that's a recipe for disaster everytime.

If two people love and respect each other, catering to there needs shouldn't be necessary.

Except mowing the lawn is a biweekly activity at most, and taking out the trash happens one or twice a week at most, and getting rid of bugs is a monthly thing while cooking and cleaning is something that you do EVERY day. Most of you aren't supporting or protecting anyone, so you can can that bull.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
A man should cater to his wife and a wife should cater to her husband and if you are a Christian, you both serve/obey God.

The definition of cater is provide what is wanted, needed or required. That could mean many different things to different people in their relationship.

I feel providing and raising children is different from catering to them :yeshrug: but maybe not too different :patrice: