Essential Quick gems for dealing with men thread :lolbron:

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Oh sex? Most of you aren't even making women cum! :deadmanny:

I wasn't referring to sex necessarily, but all the benefits that come with dealing with a thorough dude who appreciates all the work a young lady puts in to make his life easier. I believe in treating my lady well in exchange for her doing the same.

Maybe one day, sometime in the distant future, you'll understand how far some cooking, cleaning and oblation can get ya :jawalrus:

Peace

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Why is he calling after all these months?

I have said this on here and got attacked (:mjlol: dudes on here are so angry sometimes). I have never had someone I dated, or been in a relationship with not randomly contact me/check up on me. Even some I didn't get the chance to date because of schedules or...they proved crazy.

My bestie and I call them randoms.

For the ladies that's been in deep love with a guy and it doesnt work out do yall every really get over it completely?

Aka no love or feelings at all if you happen to bump into them or have to speak with them?

Yup. But I'm *Rick James voice* Cold Blooooded.

Dat hair. :wub:
Dat everything else. :wub:

Thank you :o:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes you do. And the best way to do it is to cut all ties. Completely. Eventually your feelings turn into meh or whatever. But by avoiding them, the quicker it happens to be honest.

I often wonder about this, I dont think I'll ever not care for one of my exe's. Would never get back with em nor have the desire too, heck I dont even want to talk with them. But I can't say part of me will ever not care for them. Maybe once I'm in a serious relationship again that'll change however.

I was mostly asking because I see and read about alot of women say they are over guys and then turn right back around and do the same thing over and over again, even though supposedly they are over the guy, but when questioning myself while there are no feelings at all there will always be love....I think :francis:

I guess if it was a nasty breakup it would be different.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I often wonder about this, I dont think I'll ever not care for one of my exe's. Would never get back with em nor have the desire too, heck I dont even want to talk with them. But I can't say part of me will ever not care for them. Maybe once I'm in a serious relationship again that'll change however.

I was mostly asking because I see and read about alot of women say they are over guys and then turn right back around and do the same thing over and over again, even though supposedly they are over the guy, but when questioning myself while there are no feelings at all there will always be love....I think :francis:

I can be cold like that. It's a horrible trait.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I can agree with you on this. There will always be a tiny little special place for him. :mjcry:

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
I'm clearly trolling. I've even given this exact same response before. :dead: I just don't want to dicuss what I want with you. :manny:

I don't know what trolling is, your either void or not. You don't know until its in front of you:manny:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
can the men NOT give us advice, you've never dated a man, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Catering to your boyfriend is stupid, that's begging to be used and discarded. I always see dudes on here talk about how great their ex that they cheated on and dumped was and how much she catered to them and was so selfless and loving, yet she's their ex. And they don't realize that they're just showing you that none of that shyt really matters. :heh: They always say you won't be able to keep a man, well neither could your ex :sas1: and she did everything right according to you.

Don't give boyfriends husband privileges. :ufdup:

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
can the men NOT give us advice, you've never dated a man, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Catering to your boyfriend is stupid, that's begging to be used and discarded. I always see dudes on here talk about how great their ex that they cheated on and dumped was and how much she catered to them and was so selfless and loving, yet she's their ex. And they don't realize that they're just showing you that none of that shyt really matters. :heh: They always say you won't be able to keep a man, well neither could your ex :sas1: and she did everything right according to you.

In a more recent thread in TLR, a poster states that his woman treats him like a king, but he has plans to leave her for better p*ssy.

The Coli posters complain that treating a woman well will lead to him to being used and abused, cheated on and left. As if the same can't happen to a woman who treats her man like a king. The hypocrisy that exists on this board...

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

It's nonsense. Treat someone how you'd like to be treated. When they say cater to your man, and rarely tell men the same, it's because they regard women as below men.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Don't take relationship advice from men, especially men who are not married.

My friend from back home had a horrendous breakup. She was basically listening to all of our guy friends about how to maintain her relationship which she'd been in since we graduated from college. They of course advised her to cater to him and essentially wait on him hand and foot. They basically told her to audition for the role of wife and he'd eventually propose. Well she did this for 3 years or so off and on and ended up heartbroken because he got another woman pregnant and left her.

Anyway I just got the news that she got engaged tonight to another great guy she'd started dating after finally getting over her bf out of college. But I just remember how long it took her to get over being devastated like that and how that bad advice essentially set her up for it.

People gotta start adding disclaimers to relationship advice

THIS RELATIONSHIP ADVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES OF BEING A FOOLPROOF METHOD OF ACTUALLY KEEPING YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER FAITHFUL AND/OR OTHERWISE FULLY ENGAGED IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP. BY ACCEPTING THIS ADVICE AND CARRYING IT OUT, YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD ME, SOME RANDOM DUDE WHO'S CURRENTLY SINGLE HIMSELF, LIABLE IN THE EVENT YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER IS UNFAITHFUL, OR OTHERWISE STEPS OUT ON THE RELATIONSHIP ON SOME fukkED UP TIP :troll::lolbron:

But all seriousness, "catering" to anyone is god-awful advice. Not if it means waiting on them hand and foot. Some people might appreciate that kind of thing and repay it in kind. Others will just take advantage and not give two shyts about what you've done for them when they decide they want to move on. And IMO, most people will fall into that latter category intentionally or unintentionally. I'd say the same thing I'd tell dudes who think they should be "nice guys" to get with or keep women around. If you're going to be "catering" to someone, it should be because you're a genuinely altruistic person and don't expect anything in return.

Then again, I don't give really give advice to anyone, male or female, about relationships anyway. Most people just want someone to vent to and I've been told I'm a good listener. So I usually just listen :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She should expect him to put in some work as well. Examples being taking out the trash, manual work around her place, washing her car, etc. I NEVER said that dudes should do things in return for their lady. I don't cosign taking everything and giving nothing. That's not an equitable contract.

Honestly, sounds to me like her fiance got the short end of the stick :francis:

What would he think if he were to find out she was cooking, cleaning, buying clothes and doing all types of bedroom tricks that she won't do for him? Even after treating her so well and giving her a ring?

Peace

Taking out the garbage and washing the car is catering to your woman? Come on now sir :francis:

To your last question, I think he'd think the same thing she'd think if she found out he was going above and beyond for an ex and not getting anything in return. He'd think her ex didn't appreciate a good woman when he had her.