Quentin Tarantino Set to Direct Final Film, 'The Movie Critic' (Update: SCRAPPED)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I just want The Whole Bloody Affair on 4K. No reason it should take a farewell tour to get that. :unimpressed:

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Film critic movie with him would have been some self-indulgent BS anyway, Make this Human Tornado/Petey Wheatstraw influenced Kill Bill 3 movie.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Do you really want to see 55-year-old Uma Thurman playing the bride?

Could definitely work if she's in the villain role that Bill was, "Kill Beatrix"

I doubt we're getting that though, he'll probably do something completely different

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Why is this his final movie? Why not just make it and if you feel like making more at a later time then make more?

He said in interviews that a lot of great directors lose it as they get old (not completely wrong tbh) and he wants his filmography to go out on a high note. But still he's probably being too strict with these self-imposed rules.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
He said in interviews that a lot of great directors lose it as they get old (not completely wrong tbh) and he wants his filmography to go out on a high note. But still he's probably being too strict with these self-imposed rules.
He's not wrong but Scorsese is as strong as ever. Why not just stop when you start to lose it rather than limit yourself?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
He's not wrong but Scorsese is as strong as ever. Why not just stop when you start to lose it rather than limit yourself?
Scorsese is Scorsese, and not every filmmaker is going to feel the creative drive to keep making films until they’re on their deathbed. If Quentin wants to end his filmography on ten films, then cool. Why is this so hard for folks to grasp?

Burned Verses

Superstar
Daps
Why is this his final movie? Why not just make it and if you feel like making more at a later time then make more?

I can see it forcing him to to put his all into every project since he can only make a certain amount. That being said, creative people almost always break their retirements so I’d bet on tarintino making more films down the line.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Scorsese is Scorsese, and not every filmmaker is going to feel the creative drive to keep making films until they’re on their deathbed. If Quentin wants to end his filmography on ten films, then cool. Why is this so hard for folks to grasp?
I mean, I understand it. I just feel he's sensationalist about it but hey it's opinion and I half agree with him. It's the Seinfeld principle: better quit while you're ahead, right? I just don't understand why quit when you can still make good films rather than cut yourself off. Seinfeld ran for 9 seasons but it was still ultimately 180 episodes which is a fairly large and sizable number. If you can't decide on what to make your final movie then you clearly have more to say and therefore haven't ran out of ideas so it seems silly to retire because of that fear.

Also, personally, I think this shows Tarantino's limitations as a filmmaker. Scorsese, Kurosawa, Tezuka, and other artists kept it going till death and most of their ideas got more elaborate, more detailed, more thorough with age compared to their earlier works.

So I understand why Tarantino is doing it but at the same time it shows he's not that dude or in the discussion. Retiring because "I'm not passionate about film anymore" I could accept but "I'm retiring because I think directors movies start to suck when they age" is pretty bonkers.

But hey that's me :hubie:

I can see it forcing him to to put his all into every project since he can only make a certain amount. That being said, creative people almost always break their retirements so I’d bet on tarintino making more films down the line.
Yeah, they always break the retirements. See Miyazaki. So it's whatever.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He's putting too much pressure on himself to make a final grand film. Just make movies dude, or don't.
Would have been super dope & COLD if he never said a word about retiring after 10 films & then would have premiered his next film and before the final credits…

THE FINAL FILM BY QUENTIN TARANTINO :damn:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:Whatever happened to that Killer Crow movie. About the black world war 2 solders.

Last edited: