Pusha T Says Biggie Is the Greatest Rapper Ever

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Some rappers just say a punchline, and it's like, "OK, we get it." But Big delved deep. He was a master painter with words. And his flow was just so effortless. I mean, I think I'm an awesome writer, but my bars still sound like bars. Big had all these intricacies, all these colors, all these witty things – and it didn't sound like a rap. It was a conversation.
This is spot on and exactly why BIG is my personal GOAT :wow:

Cam is my favorite, but BIG is the greatest.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Sorry but hes not. Kendrick Lamar is better then Biggie. :manny:

Hell no!

Aside from Kendricks verse in fukking Problems and the hook on alright people ain't even quoting Kendrick while he's considered the best rapper of this generation. Your avg rap fan today can't even quote or remember half of his verse from Control. Not even a month after it came out. Meanwhile BIG entire verses and songs are known word for word to this day, by every type of and demographic of music fans wether they're just a casual music fan or really into hip. And not like basic shyt lyrically, like top tier lyricism unlike a lot of rap songs that blow up these days that we can all remember after a listen or two and quote.

Look, Kendrick is talented for sure but when it comes to rapping he falls short or giving you lines and quotes. BIG has handfuls of songs and verses that people worldwide of every race and age know. Kendrick is not touching BIG, let alone Nas or Pac or any other top tier rapper because he is terrible at translating his bars into a way that everyone besides fans can memorize. He'll give you a dope verse and he's good at story telling but that's about it. He doesn't give you really memerable quotes. To me, a GOAT rapper esp someone who's regarded as a top lyricists can do that.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I don't think Biggie is better than Jay Nas or Eminem. I listen to big a lot and I just don't hear it.
The only thing they have over Big is lyricism. Biggie is better at everything else. Jay is closest. Nas can't make hits like they can and Eminem catalogue is weak as fukk.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only thing they have over Big is lyricism. Biggie is better at everything else. Jay is closest. Nas can't make hits like they can and Eminem catalogue is weak as fukk.

Last edited:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
:comeon:

This is one of the greatest hip hop songs EVER, imo. Not to mention story telling. Jay could never do something like this in his life. Most rappers can't. If BIG didn't die he could do what Jay did, but Jay could never do what BIG did on tracks. :yeshrug:

They're both excellent rappers with excellent flows and excellent songwriting abilities, pointing out that Biggie could make a nikkas Bleed doesn't do much for me when I can go and listen to a Friend or Foe 96.
At that point there's only one way I can make a distinction between them and that's purely lyrical ability which Jay Z clearly has over him to me which therefore puts him above Biggie in my perspective.
Also I think it's silly to say one or the other could so something when they themselves/their voices sound are integral to how the records turn out, who's to say that Biggie would sound well rapping a Heart Of The City or Jay rapping a Sky's The Limit?
You can't just make comparisons/transplant songs like that when everything about them leads to them having to make things differently.
That would be like expecting Nas to rap like Jay or vice versa.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hits doesn't make a rapper better than anyone. Nelly, bow wow, and master p had hits. IMO Ready to Die is better than Life after Death. Life after Death is really flawed but won't go into detail but his legacy benefited heavily on his death.

Lyrically yes they are better but to say that they don't have stories that don't rival his is crazy. LOSE YOURSELF , KIM, STAN, PROJECT WINDOW, I GAVE YOU POWER, REWIND, DRUNK BY MYSELF, MEET THE PARENTS, MOMMA LOVES ME, YOU MUST LOVE ME, I KNOW, i could go on cause they have a discography that he doesn't because of his untimely death.
Hits makes the rapper complete. Don't try to confuse the issue by bringing up people like Nelly and Bow Wow and stuff. Come on man. We're talking about elite rappers that are suppose to be great all-around. Biggie was a jack of all trades. Master of some. No other rapper can match his ability to do pretty much everything, especially at a high level. The point isn't hits make you good but in order to be a complete rapper yes you need hit records and the ability to make songs for the clubs. And there's no flaws on Life After Death.

And Nas has stories that rivals his, Eminem is a very good at story telling too but behind Biggie. Jay not so much. That's not his speciality.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hits makes the rapper complete. Don't try to confuse the issue by bringing up people like Nelly and Bow Wow and stuff. Come on man. We're talking about elite rappers that are suppose to be great all-around. Biggie was a jack of all trades. Master of some. No other rapper can match his ability to do pretty much everything, especially at a high level. The point isn't hits make you good but in order to be a complete rapper yes you need hit records and the ability to make songs for the clubs. And there's no flaws on Life After Death.

And Nas has stories that rivals his, Eminem is a very good at story telling too but behind Biggie. Jay not so much. That's not his speciality.

So you're basically saying Ghostface, Scarface, or even Kool G Rap (who really hasn't lost a step you'll know that if you really listen to rap) have no chance to be the greatest RAPPERS cause they don't have club bangers and hits? That makes no sense. let's not act like puffy didn't make those hit records.

In that case Kendrick will never be the complete rapper because of hits and club bangers?

I respect you're opinion but making hits have nothing to do with actually rapping.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So you're basically saying Ghostface, Scarface, or even Kool G Rap (who really hasn't lost a step you'll know that if you really listen to rap) have no chance to be the greatest RAPPERS cause they don't have club bangers and hits? That makes no sense. let's not act like puffy didn't make those hit records.

In that case Kendrick will never be the complete rapper because of hits and club bangers?

I respect you're opinion but making hits have nothing to do with actually rapping.
Yes that's what I'm saying. And G Rap is the 3rd best MC of all-time imo. But he'll never be the GOAT because of that reason.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Hell no!

Aside from Kendricks verse in fukking Problems and the hook on alright people ain't even quoting Kendrick while he's considered the best rapper of this generation. Your avg rap fan today can't even quote or remember half of his verse from Control. Not even a month after it came out. Meanwhile BIG entire verses and songs are known word for word to this day, by every type of and demographic of music fans wether they're just a casual music fan or really into hip. And not like basic shyt lyrically, like top tier lyricism unlike a lot of rap songs that blow up these days that we can all remember after a listen or two and quote.

Look, Kendrick is talented for sure but when it comes to rapping he falls short or giving you lines and quotes. BIG has handfuls of songs and verses that people worldwide of every race and age know. Kendrick is not touching BIG, let alone Nas or Pac or any other top tier rapper because he is terrible at translating his bars into a way that everyone besides fans can memorize. He'll give you a dope verse and he's good at story telling but that's about it. He doesn't give you really memerable quotes. To me, a GOAT rapper esp someone who's regarded as a top lyricists can do that.
Kendrick uses more words and syllables per bar then the average rapper which means his lyrics require more brain power to memorize. Biggie is more simplistic and speaks to the lowest level of human existence, demonic filth, making his lyrics easier to memorize but in all honestly i cant think of any Biggie lines that impress me. Biggie says something demonic and everyone goes crazy. Kendrick makes a song that changes the consciousness of entire groups of people, for the better. They're on different levels, biggie being on a lower level then Kendrick, friend.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
Kendrick uses more words and syllables per bar then the average rapper which means his lyrics require more brain power to memorize. Biggie is more simplistic and speaks to the lowest level of human existence, demonic filth, making his lyrics easier to memorize but in all honestly i cant think of any Biggie lines that impress me. Biggie says something demonic and everyone goes crazy. Kendrick makes a song that changes the consciousness of entire groups of people, for the better. They're on different levels, biggie being on a lower level then Kendrick, friend.
get lost

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
I mean, that's his opinion.

His opinion is just wrong :manny:

BIG and Pac had incredible deliveries. It wasn't always what they said but how they said it. When you can rap and it sounds like your just having a conversation with the listener you are already ahead of the game. But to add the flow, punch lines, voice, personality, lyrics, style, and confidence, BIG was just ahead if his time. To me Nas is the greatest but BIG is in my top 5.