PSVR2 CES Previews are dropping, the results are in…

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hardware has been getting unanimous praises over the last year now - Sony don't make bad hardware.

The question is software. Will some hybrid stuff plus Astrobot and third party support be enough to keep people engaged? It wasn't for the PSVR1.

They need COTM to be a success so that people are hyped over a sequel, but they also need some high-level third-party support, not just Half-Life: Alyx but also Fortnite VR, for example. They also need more first-party hybrid stuff like Spiderman VR.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The hardware has been getting unanimous praises over the last year now - Sony don't make bad hardware.

The question is software. Will some hybrid stuff plus Astrobot and third party support be enough to keep people engaged? It wasn't for the PSVR1.

They need COTM to be a success so that people are hyped over a sequel, but they also need some high-level third-party support, not just Half-Life: Alyx but also Fortnite VR, for example. They also need more first-party hybrid stuff like Spiderman VR.

They got resident evil 8 which is pretty high profile, and 7 is coming. Among Us VR i hear is pretty popular also. I’m sure Epic and Sony are working out some kind of fortnite deal

I would love a Kojima VR game though, he already dabbling in it for his “studio experience” i know he gotta be itching to get his hands on an actual kit

img_pic_511663143832.jpg

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

100% agree. They need a killer app experience to usher in VR as something every gamer HAS to experience.

We all remember those revolutionary first time experiences we've had throughout our gaming life. Still waiting on it in this space tbh

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny im watching the game cast live right now and they’re talking to one of the guys that demo’d it and he’s saying a lot of people were saying it was on par or better than alyx :sas2:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I walked away from my PSVR 2 demo a lot more confident that Sony has the right ingredients for bringing virtual reality to the PlayStation 5. It's a "win" that everyone is going after in 2023 – Meta, HTC and maybe even Apple – but with the backing of the strong PlayStation brand, no company – except maybe Nintendo – can match the number of games I'd actually want to play in virtual reality.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Whenever they make the original PSVR games compatible, whether through remasters or adding backwards compatibility, I will get it. :francis:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whenever they make the original PSVR games compatible, whether through remasters or adding backwards compatibility, I will get it. :francis:

There will be no BC; a lot of the major games are getting patched over in the first year game by game.