PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Xbox-Gauge.001new.jpg

Xbox Fans :mjlol:

We already knew this. OP did as well. Dem nikkaz graspin for straws like shyt :russ:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It amazes me the things people feel the need to be outraged over whether seriously or just for the sake of argument.

Not a single person on this forum or anyone for that matter can convince me you currently or will spend that much time playing a game from 7+ years ago. If that was truly the case, you'd be playing it on the original console.

Imagine being a game studio having to push the development of your next gen titles out because you have to optimize decade old games to run on a newer emulation engine.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It amazes me the things people feel the need to be outraged over whether seriously or just for the sake of argument.

Not a single person on this forum or anyone for that matter can convince me you currently or will spend that much time playing a game from 7+ years ago. If that was truly the case, you'd be playing it on the original console.

Imagine being a game studio having to push the development of your next gen titles out because you have to optimize decade old games to run on a newer emulation engine.

negged for having sense

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Ummmm you know parappa the rappa is on the PSN store right?
Yall keep saying old games don’t matter yet Sony has either remastered them or put them up on their store for re-purchase

My point is, is it so important as to be a selling point for a console coming out in 2020-2021.

I get the appeal of older games, but, we talk like the only way to play them is back comp or getting a launch day PSX.

Buy a PS4 for $150.

It's pretty huge

Understood

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
That's a damn shame.

Although I have been able to play some of my PS3 games on my PC with an emulator.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How is that a valid excuse when you and @Fatboi1 already admitted that PS3 games are streamed from a server and not from native hardware?
Nope I never said this.
PS2 and PS4 games are streamed from PS4 consoles since the PS4 has a PS2 emulator in it which is why the games are downloadable. Only PS3 games aren't

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money

Yes because the only games that will be BC will be games from 7 years ago :gladbron:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The only thing that's impossible is making sense when the argument keeps getting changed around. By doing that you can infinitely say "Such and such said this and can't prove it."

I said it was impossible on the PS4, where did I say for PS5 it was?

PS Now is not emulating PS3 games, it's literally streaming the game from PS3 hardware.

I literally haven't said a thing about PS5 and PS1~3BC.

PS4 BC is already confirmed on PS5, where are you guys getting this info that it won't support games?

This was clarified like a day later after the March event.

Where does this imply that only some games will be playable on PS5? :jbhmm:

The "top 100" phrase you've been hearing was referring to games that would be running on the PS5 natively.

Same exact thing MSFT said.

Why won't MSFT just say "All games will work?"

You figure that one out.

I’m about to cook you and @Rekkapryde over this topic but I have to get to a laptop first to make it easier. Stand by sir.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
this is just another Thing to complain about in regards to PS. Remember cross play :mjlol: Hey losers complain enough Sony may add it. Then when it arrives u weirdos can not use it :mjlol:

I wouldn’t give a fukk if it didn’t play ps4 games :manny:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I’m about to cook you and @Rekkapryde over this topic but I have to get to a laptop first to make it easier. Stand by sir.

what is there to cook? :skip:

PS4 games should be BC with the PS5.

The fact you getting free next gen upgrades for many games cements this.

What's the issue? :dahell: