PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
It amazes me the things people feel the need to be outraged over whether seriously or just for the sake of argument.

Not a single person on this forum or anyone for that matter can convince me you currently or will spend that much time playing a game from 7+ years ago. If that was truly the case, you'd be playing it on the original console.

Imagine being a game studio having to push the development of your next gen titles out because you have to optimize decade old games to run on a newer emulation engine.

I played God of War 3, GTA SA, Infamous and L.A Noire this past year. :gucci:

I even stated earlier I wanted to play Red Redemption and Last of Us before playing their sequels.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s a huge market for retro cassette tapes and CDs too. Maybe Apple and Sony should include cassette players in their phones and tablets.
No. They got Spotify and youtube though.
So whenever you want to listen to your oldies a lot of it is already accessible
and available.

I guess I'm that 1.5 percent.
Bruh that's 5,000,000 people if we talk about current Xbox One install base.
That's A LOT of individuals playing "old" games.
I'm not sure what point breh was trying to make.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Bruh that's 5,000,000 people if we talk about current Xbox One install base.
That's A LOT of individuals playing "old" games.
I'm not sure what point breh was trying to make.

What kinda Foxy Brown math is this???

1.5% of 50 mill is 750k not 5 million

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Its weird seeing people campaign for less games. Especially when some of the software people are campaigining against can already be found on PS4 and PSNow, so there is clearly money to be made. You might not play those retro games but there's obviously people that are.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I wish my PS3 never died, I'd still be playing Fight Night Champion and a shyt load of other classics from that era as well as my PS2 and PS1 games. :mjcry:

PSnow is ok, but its mostly all the popular shyt from the previous systems and not the weird/rare underrated shyt that doesn't get remade now. :snoop:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I dont want to have to buy the game AGAIN. thats the point. and stream is not an option when you have weak internet in a third world country.
I mean you all do understand the concept of diminishing returns right?

It feels like your money would be better spent buying a retro console opposed to a next gen one.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Xbots :mjlol:
You think this is a leg up huh?
full

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
It amazes me the things people feel the need to be outraged over whether seriously or just for the sake of argument.

Not a single person on this forum or anyone for that matter can convince me you currently or will spend that much time playing a game from 7+ years ago. If that was truly the case, you'd be playing it on the original console.

Imagine being a game studio having to push the development of your next gen titles out because you have to optimize decade old games to run on a newer emulation engine.

They don't but they will pretend that they do and act like it's the most important shyt in the world for the sake of a argument.

The BC argument has been completely muddled in console warrior bullshyt and self righteous grandstanding.